Old 02-27-2006, 07:37 PM   #1  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Unhappy I need help...

Ladies I need a lot of help. I am struggling so much with this diet and losing weight. And I know why. I do so good during the week staying POP and then on the weekends I fall off. So bad. I know a lot of it has to do with going out to eat. My boyfriend and I usually only get to see eachother on the weekends and when we do we do not eat right. We go out to eat often and we dont choose the right foods. Even when we stay home we dont eat the right foods. And we dont eat that often. He and I are the type that are okay eating one meal a day. And that was one of the hardest things for me to get used to on this diet. constantly eating. But when he and I get together everything goes out the window. We dont eat often and we eat bad. He tries to keep me OP suggesting that i choose something different to eat but I give into temptation so easily. Any suggestions as to how I can keep myself on track on the weekends? Any suggestions would be wonderful. I need to get this weight off.
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #2  
milkyway

S/C/G: 243/222/170

Hi megan:
My husband loves to eat out. I know how hard it is because when I eat out I used to eat bad...now with the diet when we go out, we go to the places that are in the LAWL book or similar and when I receive the menu from the rest. I don't look at it I just order inmediately what I see in my LAWL plan. Also Itell my hubby not to order any appetizer just go straight to the dinner to avoid temptations. I know How you feel I'm from Chicago too and the restaurants from Chicago especially the stuffed pizza are like demons hunting me.
Milca
rad7775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:56 PM   #3  

30lbs~can you plan you day a little better with DBF. Can you decide were you will go out to eat that day and try to pick what you will eat before hand and then plan the rest of your day around it. For example, if I am going to eat chicken and potatoes and veggies at dinner with DBF, I will save 2 starches, fat, protein and veggie and not touch them all day. I also often bypass a fruit if needed and dairy depending on what is in the food I am eating. I then know that I don't have many chocie left for the day. I get int he mornign and start off my day with 2 glasses of water....already halfway done with water. then pack up some nuts, grapes, cubed cheese, celery...easy things you can take with you 2 while you are out, but still snack on and get all of your foods in.

I understand completly because my DBF is a buffet fiend and of course that is tempation heaven. I will call him and demand to know where we are going or if we are eating at home on Saturdays so that I can plan my day out.

Also if you are eating at home, how about making something OP on friday to just heat up on Saturday. Or using your CC and having fruit and veggies around to snack on during the day.

I think the best thing for you to do is pack some foods that are easily portable and throw them in apurse to snack all day. this will also help when you get to were you are going to eat.

one other thing I have tried is ordering a side salad before looking at the menu and DBF usually has a drink first and then I roder my food after the salad (since I am no longer starving, the appetizers and fried everything isn't as apealling. )
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:57 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rad7775
Hi megan:
My husband loves to eat out. I know how hard it is because when I eat out I used to eat bad...now with the diet when we go out, we go to the places that are in the LAWL book or similar and when I receive the menu from the rest. I don't look at it I just order inmediately what I see in my LAWL plan. Also Itell my hubby not to order any appetizer just go straight to the dinner to avoid temptations. I know How you feel I'm from Chicago too and the restaurants from Chicago especially the stuffed pizza are like demons hunting me.
Milca
we were dying to go to Gino's this weekend. Thankfull ythe line was too long so we didn't, but I went into labor at Gino's after waiting in line (literally) and refused to leave until I got my pizza
nothing in the world like eating in Chicago.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:03 PM   #5  
milkyway

Shennie:
YESS! The day before I started my TO, my husband and I order from Carson's ribs (that is the satan of any dieter). I just want to kill him...
Old 02-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #6  
milkyway

Mary you are right!! Today I just cook for my family rice, beans and "picadillo" (we are latin) and I really want to eat it but I thought what is really important for me is to lose this pounds and I started thinking if it was worth it and I just control myself get away from the kitchen and forget about it!!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #7  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Mary I dont do bars. But thats something I dont understand either. I dont do the bars because I cant. But it seems like when you cant do the bars they change your plan to give you more food. However I stayed on the same plan. I am on purple. I started on purple and havent changed. Does this make sense? Am I just over thinking things? And thanks Milca and Shennie for all the tips. I will have to try them. I do want to cook more at home but my kitchen is undergoing a HUGE transition. Everything is changing. And nothing is really working right now except for a microwave which doesnt help things. Hopefully when things get back to normal we can eat more at home and eat healthier *and save money*
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:38 AM   #8  

if you are 188 right now you would be on gold if you were doing lites, so purple is about right without lights. you started on the cusp of purple and gold so maybe that is why they never put you up to red since you just be coming back down to purple anyhow.

do you like nuts, cottage cheese penut butter?....with that much protein, i would have a hard time gettign it all in too, try some vegetarian prteins they don't feel like you are eating as much.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:33 PM   #9  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I'm on purple with lites and they told me I wouldn't change again till I get down to 175 and I started on red. I'm not sure what color is next, but they said I would lose a V and the portions sizes are a little bit smaller.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamababa3
I'm on purple with lites and they told me I wouldn't change again till I get down to 175 and I started on red. I'm not sure what color is next, but they said I would lose a V and the portions sizes are a little bit smaller.
I think there is a bit of leeway with were they change you because i was never on purple and I started at 182...they just put me on gold (well after mistakenly putting me on blue)
Old 02-28-2006, 01:22 PM   #11  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Oh how sad, you went from red to blue then to gold. Were they trying to starve you by taking so much food away all at once
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #12  

What I wouldn't give for a third starch!!!! Is gold the lowest plan? That's what I'm on now and I can't see how they could eliminate anything out of this one. I never feel particularly hungry, but I do treasure my 2 little starches. I would love to have another protein, too, but am fine without it.
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #13  
Princess Heather

30lbs...here's what i found out by just doing LAWL. I was really good during the week when my life was pretty structured and then like you the weekends killed me. So I took it a day at a time. at that time my COD had normal people that understood this is a total lifestyle change and they worked with me, not against me. (i am not sure how my COD would deal now with all new people). and I am finding as I journey into this program that I am (hold on or sit down here) wanting to eat better. It has gotten easier for me to plan my weekends even when we eat out. And as your progress your body will require less for and the you will begin to reason out temptations wondering if it's worth it or not. I know it may sound wild and crazy now, but hang with it and keeping working the program.
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #14  

Wow, HeatherCP, what a great job you've done so far! I think that is excellent advice and I am going to try and incorporate it into my mindset!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #15  
milkyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiesta
What I wouldn't give for a third starch!!!! Is gold the lowest plan? That's what I'm on now and I can't see how they could eliminate anything out of this one. I never feel particularly hungry, but I do treasure my 2 little starches. I would love to have another protein, too, but am fine without it.
I started the program in red because Iwas breastfeeding, later my COD changed to purple and when Iwas 180 they changed to gold and they told that I will continue with that plan until the end. They also told me that when I were like 10 pounds away from my goal they are gonna change it for the green for a couple of weeks to lose that last pounds faster. Can some of the girls that are on stabilization and maintenance tell me if that is the way you did it?Now i'm in the purple because Igain a lot of weight.
Milca

Last edited by rad7775; 02-28-2006 at 04:42 PM.