South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 04:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Manic Monday

"4:15 already, I was just in the middle of a dream" a little blast from the Bangles to get you up in the morning and out on the beach!!!

I simply did not have enough time this weekend. I want more!!! Really had to work to get out of the bed this morning and I don't want to work out but I will. I would much rather go back to bed. I know if I do that I will feel guilty all day for wasting the time so here I am complaining .

I really need to get back on track this week with healthy eating and healthy thinking. I've been off for a while and I need to regain control. I love so much how I look and feel when I am exercising and eating healthy. I want that taped and played over and over again all day.

Mamahulk - you know I'm not religious, but would you mind throwing in a few words for me as well. I'll take assistance from any corner!!!

I hope all you chicks have a good day on the beach.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:41 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Freaky - morning...I'm with you - "I wish it was a Sunday, cause that's my funday....." the weekend was not long enough! I worked the entire weekend, but still.
Good for you for exercising.....I've been a bum in that area. Maybe today after my meeting. I don't think I'm going to like this meeting. One of my co-workers is a spoiled brat, and when things don't go her way - she acts like a 2 yr old. My loose lips might of mentioned that to her (which really honked her off!) SO I think my boss is going to tell us to play pretty today. Reward the brat...that's just great. She's also a know it all on top of it. She's never wrong, nothing is her fault, and on the rare occasions she does admit fault, she talks about herself in the third person - she's a real wack o doodle!
I've been good with my eating the last few days, but the scale has only leaned a little...nothing drastic. This doesn't look good for my bet with Pearsy.....better start digging into my pockets!
I gotta get to work........"But I can't be late cause then I guess I just won't get paid - These are the days when you wish your bed was already made!" Thanks Freaky - now I have that song stuck in my head!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #3  

Good morning Freaky!!!! I am AWAKE early because the baby is awake early. He has this thing lately that he wants to get up at 4:30. SO, I get up with him - and then trade with hubby at 6 am - and then we all get up for the day when my older one wakes up - which is like 8 am!

So - good luck getting back on track this week! I am in the same boat with exercise - I've been skipping my Spinning class. And this week - I have something to do on Pilates night - so I HAVE to go to Spinning at the LEAST.

This week is Mom's Night Out for me and some friends - we are going out for MExican. I don't know what I'm eating yet - lol - but I'm going to try to stay away from the chips!! Those are my weakness!!!

I weighed this morning and the scale said 239 - but hopefully that will drop some more in a few hours. I do this every morning - when I weigh around 4:30 - it will be one weight - and then I go back to bed and get up at 8 am - and then it's usually about a pound or half a pound less - so y'all keep your fingers crossed - lol.

Anyway - I hope everyone has a great week!!! Tonight I think I'm making the buffalo chicken tenders that I found in the recipe section. I'll let y'all know how it goes!!!

Oh yeah - and they opened a Panera Bread near me - I am IN LOVE - lol. My rule is - we only eat there once a week and I get the 9 grain bread and some type of sandwich and either French Onion soup without the crouton or a salad and it's WONDERFRUL!! LOL!

Heather
Old 02-27-2006, 06:44 AM   #4  

Morning soon2bfab!!! THat cracked me up about saying your co-worker talks about herself in the 3rd person - can you elaborate on that?? LOL - I am still laughing over here!!
Old 02-27-2006, 07:47 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chickies!

It's frassing freezing again but a lovely sunny day. You need your sunglasses out there because of snow glare! I stirred up the woodstove and fed it, then sat and sipped my coffee watching the sun stream through the forsythia bouquet. Liquid sunshine! Hershey just lay over my feet and sighed her contented sigh.

Freaky, good for you getting up and just doing it!

Soon, that sounds like a terrible meeting and your co-worker sounds like a dingbat! There is one person who posts in here and uses the third person - drives me nuts!

Heather, my scale does that too. It's as if it's just not "ready" to start the day that early.

I have painting this afternoon and must get something done this morning. I sort of goofed off yesterday afternoon and watched the Olympics. Sunday afternoon is scheduled as painting time but it didn't happen.

Panic struck this morning when I realized February is nearly over and I've not lost a smidgen of weight - again! March has to be the turning point for that! Lucy will be preggers (I hope!) and I'll have to walk her to get her stamina up for the puppies. Hershey could use it too, of course. As soon as the roads are clear of ice and snow, just watch us!

Have a wonderful day and keep warm if you are in the snow and cold.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:59 AM   #6  

Cackledoooooodlllle Dooooooooooo!!!!! Sister Mary Sunshine is here!!!!!!

Freaky: Try to have a good day at work darlin' and I'm glad you had one of those weekends that you wish didn't end!!!!

Soon:
AACK!!!! I had a coworker like that... I'll never ferget the first time I heard her talk in the 3rd person.. "Joanie doesn't like this paragraph in the manual" and "joanie..".. when she left the meeting I turned to my other coworker Sue and asked "who is this Joanie??" When Sue said it was HER I near DIED! The whole group of us laughed so hard!!! oh and she also always did those finger quote twitches as in ,,,"we need to change the fingers quote PROCESS end finger quote to do this.... (we watch listen and roll eyes!!!!) (Thankgawd Joanie is a beanpole... no chance being found out on this site he heee)

Texasheathers:
PANERA bread!!!!!! Oh man, I love their breads and onion soup... sounds like you've picked the best On plan stuff to eat there!

Time fer cawfee darlins! Have a great day
Old 02-27-2006, 08:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning ladies... YICK YUCK YACK to the weekend... had EVERY intention of getting up and working out Saturday AND Sunday and it just didn't happen... sleep won out and now I have 140 mins of exercise to cram into 2 days... and my diet is totally shot! Just keep thinking should I go back to Phase 1? Should I try another diet? Should I maybe work out with a personal trainer? I'm half way to my goal but the weight has stopped dropping and that's so frustrating since I know that I'm the only one that can control that. So just gotta get back on track in March. Off to the gym after I tell everyone hi...

Freaky - I re-set my alarm when it went off at 630 for 7... You have will power of iron!

Soon - Good job on eating well! I'd swap some of my exercise for your food habits..

Heather - Again with the 430! Good luck with the Mexican restaurant.... they are definitely one of my weaknesses being a Texas girl

Ruth - I wish we atleast got a little snow down here, yesterday it was 70 degrees and we were at the park sunbathing! And I'm with ya about the February results... how can we make March better?

Schatzi - Mornin' Sunshine!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Good Morning! I've been up since my boys left for school and hubby for work. #1 little girl awake early this morning so we snuggled and watch TV.
I haven't exercised at all. I Love Walk Away the Pounds when I make myself do it. I just hate to make myself do it!!! NOw does that make sense?
Last night the guys (hubby and sons) got pizza after youth group but I thought the leftovers looked greasy and not worth it. Also hubby ate BREYERS chocolate ice cream in front of me. I went and got my sugar free jello!
I made butterscotch SF, FF pudding this morning that will be my treat later on. I am a little sick of eggs right now.
I did get the veggies to make roasted veggies again and will cook some chicken breasts in the skillet to go with for our dinner.
I work 3 nights this week and get to go Scrapbooking Friday night then work Saturday afternoon so will be a BUSY week for me and feel a little bad leaving the family in the evenings so much this week but some weeks are like that!
Freaky: Best wishes getting back on track! Think about March 1 arriving and it can be like a new "start date". I liked that I started on Feb. 1 Just an idea.
Heather and Schatzi: We have Panera near us and My favorite thing WAS the Potato soup and some kind of white bread hunk that they give you with it!!! OMG, that is a SBD nightmare!!! But I can't see myself living without it forever, I guess it can be a once in a while treat.

Ruth: My husband's dad goes way into Canada fishing once a year with a group of guys. My husband wants to go with them this fall. Awesome that you have Forsythia in bloom ! It hasn't happened here yet. But we are to see a high of 60 on Wednesday!!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #9  

Mornin' everyone.

Freaky, I've been struggling to get back on track too. So, it's back to Phase I for me this week. I even cleared out my pantry last night so that I could find out what I had stashed in there. I found a box of cookies that had probably been in there for about a year. Good thing that I didn't find those the other week when I was eating everything in sight - those little puppies would have been gonners!

Soon - Insane co-workers....don't you love 'em? I work with plenty of know-it-alls, but I don't think I've ever worked with anyone who refers to themselves in the third person before.

Heather, Ruth and Schatzi - Hope you all have a great day!

Fortunately, I have the day off and the weather here this week is going to be fantastic! Around 70 today. The only problem with that is that instead of going to rent videos and have a meaningful day bonding with my couch, I really should go work out in the yard. Choices, choices. At least I did go to Curves this morning and already got my workout in.

Started the coffee before I signed on, so now the aroma is calling me from the kitchen. Catch you all later.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:34 AM   #10  

Mornin' Sarah and Debbie!
Old 02-27-2006, 08:42 AM   #11  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning chicks. I'm checking in from work today. (slow dial-up at home this morning made it impossible). Hubby and I took a little tumble off the wagon the past few days so we're back to Phase I for the week. I'm a little frustrated with myself because last night I just crashed on the couch instead of getting some food pre-cooked for the week. It's so much easier to eat healthy when the fridge is stocked with things ready to eat. I'll have to try to squeeze some time in tonight. I especially want to get some of those breakfast cheesecakes made up.

Freaky - I can't believe the willpower you have to get up so early everyday and exercise. You are amazing.

Soon - good luck with your meeting, I would have such a hard time not rolling my eyes at the wack-a-doodle

Heather - how old is your son? Mine's 5 months old - he's still gets up a lot to eat in the middle of the night but luckily he's pretty good about going back to sleep. Here's a cup of coffee for you .....

Ruth - I hear you on the cold - we're a balmy 10 degrees F and the wind is so bitter today. I didn't post it in my profile, but I'm in Western New York.....Brrrrr.

Schatzi - have a great day!

Sarah - 70 degrees? I'm so jealous. Send some of that up here 'K?
Old 02-27-2006, 08:53 AM   #12  

Good morning!

Nothing exciting going on here. I have a little bit of laundry to do and then I'll go grocery shopping. Does anybody know anything about cats? I have three and I'm having a bit of a problem with one of them (unfortunately, I don't know which one). One of them has been pooping on my couch. Boy, am I angry. I woke up Saturday morning to poop on the couch. I cleaned it with Resolve and Febreeze and flipped the cushion over. Just in case, I put a towel down. On Sunday morning I didn't find any surprises, but this morning there was a little pile of poop on the towel. Grrrrr! I don't know what to do. The cat litter box is clean and easily accessible. They are all in perfect health. I just don't know what would make them do this. I'm going to rent a steam cleaner and see if that helps. One of my friends used to make her cat sleep in his carrier overnight. Now I'm wondering if that would be a good idea.

Freaky: I can't tell you enough what an inspiration you are. I credit you for getting me back into exercising.

soon2Bfab: I couldn't help but giggle when you mentioned that your coworker sometimes talks about herself in the third person. I worked with somebody like that once. I'm sorry that you have to work with her.

texasheathers: I'm so jealous. I love Panera and there isn't one for hundreds of miles from where I live. I haven't tried anything there that I didn't like.

Ruth: The snow sounds so pretty. That's one thing I really miss about living up north. I hate driving in it, but I love looking at it.

Schatzi: Good morning!

sarahslacker: Don't give up! I had to go back to phase 1 for a while and it was definitely worth it. I feel remotivated and back on track. Give that a shot before you give up on South Beach all together.

Debbie: Bravo on the self-control. Pizza and then chocolate ice cream? I don't know if I could have been so strong. You are my hero.

JanaM: 70 degrees...I'm jealous. Go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather (especially for those of us who are freezing).
Old 02-27-2006, 08:59 AM   #13  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Stepped on the scale and I'm down again...so I only have seven more to go to get back to my all time LOW.

Ruth, we have forsythia, redbud and now the bradford pears are blooming. I hate bradford pear blossoms...you get enough of them together and they smell like a decaying corpse. YUCKO!!

Hello to everyone else ...sorry I'm not posting individual GM's here, but I've got a bit of a headache and am not thinking very clear this morning.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:02 AM   #14  

Everyone else gets so much accomplished before 9 a.m. -- not me! If I can manage to convince myself that getting out of bed is worth it, it's a achievement!

I managed to work out this weekend (which I don't usually), and my scale rewarded me with a 3 pound loss for my official weigh-in! I'm going to try and avoid the scale all week long now.

I have loads of work to do today and very little ambition to do it. Guess I'll give it a go anyway.......

Sarah -- lucky Texan! We have our coldest temps of the year in Boston today -- It's not more than 20 degrees right now.

Ruth -- I liked your image of firing up the woodstove and sipping coffee with a puppy nearby!

Soon -- I have some interesting coworkers, but no one quite THAT interesting, for which I am now eternally grateful!

Debbie -- I think even the greasy leftover pizza would have got me! Good for you!

Jana, Schatzi, Freaky, usmc, Heather, Kelly J -- have great days!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:18 AM   #15  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning chicks! It's a nice chilly morning here but I was able to keep the heat off all night. It's nice being up on the 3rd floor cause I get to steal the 2 downstairs neighbors heat sometimes. We live in a converted mansion and each of the 3 floors is a separate apartment. I like it like that...not too many neighbors to deal with...my two are cool...young college guys but not rowdy or racuous at all.

I'm sitting here after waking up late. I've got a policy analysis on The Healthy Forest Act due tomorrow for my Environmental Policy class. It's really scary how many people deciding our environmental policies have absolutely no science background or scientific literacy at all.....but then I guess that's why we have policies like the Healthy Forest Act in the first place ! Hehehe!! Ok, I'll be good now!

So I'm sitting here having coffee with Cecil on my shoulder proofreading for me ! Yesterday I got nothing done. I ended up playing hooky and going to lunch with a friend and shoe shopping. I bought 4 pairs, a pair of mock crock pumps, some very comfortable suede wedge heel loafers, a cute pair of summer slippers, and a cute beige pair of pumps with brown strappy things of them. All the shoes were different shades of brown and all on sale ! I find I'm sick of black shoes anymore!

Freaky: With your discipline and determination this will be a fabulous week for you! I know it!

Soon: Ok, girl! Double or nothing next month! You can pay me in AVON products!

Texas: Scales are weird like that! Last week I bought a fancy digital scale for over $50 but every time I stepped on it would vary by more than a pound. So I took it back and am keeping to my $9.99 regular scale. I guess I used the $50 on shoes yesterday! lol!

Ruth: March will be a turning point for both of us! It's easier to get out and walk when the weather cooperates. Not that i'm using it as an excuse but for some reason it's easier for me to lose when it's not freezing outside.

Schatzi: have a fabulous day! Wait...who am I saying that too? Of course you will since you are fabulousness in the flesh! (Cecil told me to say that)

Sarahslacker: We all have bad times. Just get back on the beach and if you are having cravings do P1 for a few days. It's normal, it happens andyou're doing great! Keep it up!

Debbie: Congrats on resisting temptation! WooHOOO!!! You are one fabulously beacy babe!

Jana: have a fabulous P1 this week. You can do this! We're all here for you!

KellyJ: Another P1'er this week! YOu can do it!! A word of caution about the cheesecake things...they left me absolutely starving after an hour or so. they may be different for you but maybe have some eggs or something with them too! GOod luck this week!

usmchoney: Hey..what do you mean nothing exciting?? Grocery shopping is exciting! I love it! IT's one of my favorite things to do on a weekend. Do I need to get a life??

Mamacita: CongRATs on the loss!! WooHOO!! Hope you feel better!!
Closed Thread