General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Default Too thin?

The other day my brother told my mom that I'd be inverted if I lost any more weight. I asked her if I looked bad, and she said no, just skinny.

Do any of you think I'm too thin? I'm 5'2" 120 lbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...4/jomirror.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../Jomirror2.jpg
Old 02-24-2006, 07:03 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on your weight loss! And welcome to 3FC

no, I don't from your 2 pictures, but you have to also keep in mind that if you spent a lot of time at your highest weight your brother may not have ajusted to the new you particularly if you don't live in the same house.

At 5'2" you are probobly close if not at your goal weight anyway, right?
Old 02-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Josie -- I think you look PERFECT for your height and weight ... Keep up the healthy eating and exercising... I think your brother is just not used to seeing you so small and/or is just worried that you will lose too much weight. But I personally find that, from those pics, you look neither inverted or skinny... Just very healthy and lean...
Old 02-24-2006, 07:53 PM   #4  

Smile

Perfect.

You are a real cutie, and in my opinion this looks like you are at just the right weight.

My dad used to do that to me back before I gained all this weight. I weighed 110, but for my frame and height, it was fine- and I felt really good. It really hurt my feelings because I had three family members make comments and one accused me of being anorexic. That was totally false. Of course I have an attitude and gasped and said I just looked small because they were overweight. Not nice, but it can go both ways....
Old 02-24-2006, 08:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 194/175.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for your comments everyone! They were reassuring.

I've been overweight almost all of my teenage years and much of my childhood. I guess people just aren't used to seeing me thin! I'm sure I'll get more comments (or people will comment to my parents) on my weight. It doesn't bother me that much, I just don't want people to think I have an eating disorder.

Somebody once asked me if I'm starving myself to lose weight and when I (emphatically) said no, he looked at me skeptically. I just don't want people to look at me and think "She needs help. She must be starving herself!"

I guess maybe I'm too worried about it.

Thank you for reading my ramblings, and thank you for your reassurances!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:37 PM   #6  
mom2cole

I also think you look great. I used to weigh around 120 when I was in high school and I am also 5'2'', so you are were i want to be!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:43 PM   #7  
210 / 193 / 140

I think you look really good at your current weight. It may be as others have suggested, that your brother just isn't used to you thin. Then again, perhaps he was just trying to be funny. Does he like to tease you?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:56 PM   #8  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by L144S
Congrats on your weight loss! And welcome to 3FC

no, I don't from your 2 pictures, but you have to also keep in mind that if you spent a lot of time at your highest weight your brother may not have ajusted to the new you particularly if you don't live in the same house.

At 5'2" you are probobly close if not at your goal weight anyway, right?
I agree with what she said. I think you look pretty and just fine the weight you are at.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #9  
On my way!

I think you look fabulous!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

You are DEFINITELY what I would consider "thin." But I would certianly not consider you DANGEROUSLY thin; I think you look very healthy and good! Great job!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

You look great. Congrats on your success! I think you are very well-proportioned for your height/weight.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:52 PM   #12  

Mom and brother love you . Just make sure they know your eatting healthy. I think brother is just alittle scared and is looking out for you.
I think you look GOOD !!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #13  

I think you look really good, and as long as your eating enough, and eating healthy you'll be doing fine. Sometimes people are just so used to seeing you a different way that the new way seems unreal. And just some advice you look great the weight you are now, I hope that your in to just maintaining now, It doesn't look like you need to lose anymore, and Congrat's on your loss.

DJ
Old 02-24-2006, 11:39 PM   #14  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

You look great and I'll have to agree with everyone else, he's probably just not used to seeing you at this weight yet. But believe me, you look fantastic.
Old 02-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #15  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I got the same comment, from a good friend. Hadn't seen him in years, and at 140 pounds, about middle of my weight range for my height, the first words were "Girl! You're TOO thin." I think it's partly the mindset of overweight America.
Closed Thread