Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2006, 12:47 PM   #1  
Running Wild

Default ok need advice

i know this isnt recommended but hey...i need to drop the bloat/water weight and 2-3 lbs QUICK. like in a week. give me some foods i need to buy at the store on sunday that you guys have tried and worked.

i need stuff that i can eat all day because the whole not snacky snacky thing wont work for me...and dont say broccoli cause that bloats me!

my "rodeo jeans" actually FIT this year but are still a bit too snug for my liking...
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:53 PM   #2  

If all you need is to drop 2-3 lbs, just cut out your sodium, flush with water!!

Table salt is made up of sodium and chloride. Salt and other sodium containing ingredients are often found in processed or packaged foods. Most of the sodium in our meals comes from processed foods.

The body needs sodium to hold water in the blood vessels. Sodium also regulates water balance in all parts of the body. If too much water is held in the body, the amount of blood increases. If it increases too much, problems will arise.

Many people have learned to reduce salt in their diets without missing the salty taste. . Replace the salty taste with another flavor.

Salt-Free Herb Blend

Use this blend on food you would normally use salt. Fill the salt shaker and shake until your heart is content. You can find inexpensive, bulk, dried herbs in the produce section of the grocery store.

5 teaspoons onion powder
2-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
2-1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
2-1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
1-1/2 teaspoons thyme
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional*)

Combine ingredients and mix well. Spoon into a shaker. Makes 1/3 cup.

*Fiery spices do not raise blood pressure. A small amount of ground red pepper can enhance the flavor of food without making it taste too hot
nicnacmd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #3  

Also LA weightloss.do this jump start thing...........I tried this diet years agao, but the jump start is good,....all the green RAW veggies you can eat, and unlimited cooked staek, shrimp, roast chicken. and that is all you eat for 3 days, belive me you will drop at least 3 lbs
nicnacmd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #4  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Green tea is good for causing you to lose water weight, as well. drink as much as you like!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #5  
Running Wild

ok i buy that arizona diet green tea. does that count? or should i make the teabag kind and drink hot? does it matter.

also i dont eat processed foods so i am good there! but i AM salt freak. ok NO SALT! i have most of those spices here i think, so i am good to go with that.

raw veggies and fruits. just as i suspected. i will give it a shot! the place that needs the trimming is my mid section. i always had just a small waist, but not since the whole thyroid incident. the meds finally regulated and all, and all ther running i DID lose, but well the age factor i am afraid is what is keeping me from the part that i need it the most!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:40 PM   #6  
Mel

Raw vegies and lean protein! NOT fruits! The idea behind that combo is super low carb. Like sodium, carbs hold water in your body. The downside is that with all these tricks, you aren't really losing fat, just water. As soon as you go back to your regular food, you are going to feel bloated. Keep drinking water, tho!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:17 PM   #7  

I'd do the teabag thing as opposed to the mass produced Arizona stuff, I don't know about your regional Arizona branded teas, but out here they have perservatives 'n other junk in 'em.

If you're motivated enough, pop your phonebook open, find the address of a local Asian market, and get yourself a big bag of dried green tea leaves. It's inexpensive compared to teabags/bottled teas and tastes soooooooo much more "green-teaish"
Symon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

ive said it on a lot of other posts... but low carb makes you drop like 2-4 lbs because of all the water weight.

my recommendaiton:
snacks-
sugar free jello
string cheese sticks (low fat)
snap peas
any other veggies you like (not broccoli lol)

salad with veggies and ff ranch (make sure the ranch is low carb - normally like 1-2 carbs per tbls also can use balsamic (i THINK!)
chicken, pork, lamb, steak etc. cooked how you like but no sauces!

breakfast- omelet (can do egg whites or whole eggs) with a little parm cheese)

no fruit, no beans, no corn, no pasta etc.

GL!

and if you cut salt- bonus points!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:05 PM   #9  
Running Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyfreddy
ive said it on a lot of other posts... but low carb makes you drop like 2-4 lbs because of all the water weight.

my recommendaiton:
snacks-
sugar free jello
string cheese sticks (low fat)
snap peas
any other veggies you like (not broccoli lol)

salad with veggies and ff ranch (make sure the ranch is low carb - normally like 1-2 carbs per tbls also can use balsamic (i THINK!)
chicken, pork, lamb, steak etc. cooked how you like but no sauces!

breakfast- omelet (can do egg whites or whole eggs) with a little parm cheese)

no fruit, no beans, no corn, no pasta etc.

GL!

and if you cut salt- bonus points!
ok you just gave me my grocery list. thing is that i love raw broccoli, i just know it bloats me. ok the no fruit thing is gonna kill me...not even watermelon?? its like a diuretic for me, its all water.. its not so hard for me with all you guys wrote because i eat VERY healthy..i just need to cut calories this week, and thought i would ask for suggestions! thanks so much! and thankfully i have tons of sugar free jello cups already!