Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 02-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #1  

Question What Are Your Rewards?

Hi everyone!

It's pretty quiet in here, so I thought I'd pose a question. When you are in need of a reward (to celebrate poundage lost, workouts completed, food passed up, etc.) what do you do for yourself? I think it's important that we recognize our fabulous accomplishments and celebrate them.

I am just finishing up a six week exercise program which includes weight training six days a week, along with lotso cardio. I am very proud of myself, so to reward myself, for the first time in my whole life, I had my nails done. Once my daughter and I got to the salon, I was talked into acrylic nails, so here I sit trying to type and having a damn hard time of it! That said, they're lovely and I feel so feminine. It's fun to try something new like this.

Post what you do for yourself. All good deeds should not go unnoticed!

Little(er) Cheering Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:41 PM   #2  

Hi!
That sounds like a great reward. I am going to buy myself some flower tomorrow for staying on track.
I would love to hear what others do to reward themselves.
NoraC40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:55 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

While I was doing WW I rewarded myself for points saved, lbs lost and so on by putting aside money. I ended up saving to get an eliptical trainner form my home (OK, a B day, anniversary and holiday gift helped too) but I love it and use it and think it was a great reward.

Good Question Chickadee.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:19 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

rewards??? i haven't thought about rewarding myself in a LONG time. hmmmm. do ya think this might have something to do with my funk????

however, maybe i should start rewarding myself for surviving a week without losing it with my mother or people at work. or without buying the bags of chips that are ALWAYS calling me [so far, they've been ignored], or for exercising at night in addition to the morning walk/hike.

hmmm. that last line would be an important thing for me to continue to do... more later .have to give this more thought
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #5  

Jif-a-poppin-babe,

Have you ever read my siggy line? Don't make me get my flying monkeys darlin'!

If I have to fly out to Joisey using my batwings to do it, I will. You of all people need to take some time out and do something just for you. It doesn't have to be something big or expensive or anything else. It just has to be SOMETHING! How's about checking out of work a little early and using the time on you? For me, just wandering around a great book store and having a latte is a little slice of heaven. Or how about taking a new route home from work and stopping by a park or lake or someplace you've never been and just enjoying the quiet? There's always dvd's, cd's and massages to consider too. My little poppin' buddy, it's time to concentrate on you for a change!

Your bat-winged, beautifully-manicured, on-a-mission-to-make-Jif-happy friend,
Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

you're making me cry, you old bat wing!!!!! and so are those other ladies on the TRUTH HURTS thread [and i tear up so bad when i read that one that i can't see to answer!!!!!!!]

on wednesday and thursday evenings, someone stays with mom - she makes sure the dog and cats are fed, and that mom has dinner, and the two of them play cards and watch TV, all very pleasant.

i've been using this time to rest. maybe to exercise some more, but it's NEVER for a reward. it's ALWAYS to calm down, relax, cope in some way.

soooooo, i'm giving serious thought to getting enough sleep tonight, and then tomorrow afternoon, after all my mom work is done, maybe MAYBE i'll go to the metropolitan museum of art for the afternoon/evening. the local pizza place will deliver 2 slices [hot!] to mom, and she'll probably eat it. if not, at least she'll have had a good lunch. and, if she gets up early enough, we'll go out to breakfast.

hmmmm. this is a VERY pleasant thought!!!!!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:09 PM   #7  

Oh, I sure hope you just DO IT!, Jiff! It would do you a world of good and then you will feel ready to get 'back to the good fight'! I'm sending 'reward & rejuvinate Jiffy' vibes your way, darlin'

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:04 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop
rewards??? i haven't thought about rewarding myself in a LONG time. hmmmm. do ya think this might have something to do with my funk????

however, maybe i should start rewarding myself for surviving a week without losing it with my mother or people at work. or without buying the bags of chips that are ALWAYS calling me [so far, they've been ignored], or for exercising at night in addition to the morning walk/hike.

hmmm. that last line would be an important thing for me to continue to do... more later .have to give this more thought
You could reward yourself with a visit from ME !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

leenie leenin bo beenie - that's the PERFECT idea!!!! and in fact, as of april, i'll be working in MONTVALE!!!!

details to follow. it's been most extraordinary!
Old 02-26-2006, 07:39 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Well well well, say no more. Lets do lunch
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Chickadee, I've had so much fun replacing food with other rewards ever since I started my weight-loss journey! Like this Saturday, as a reward for being good all week and pretty much reaching my goal, I'm getting a pedicure & manicure (desperately needed...lol) and spending about $300 on clothes and an air popcorn popper.

It doesn't have to cost that much money, though...lol. I enjoy 'treats' as simple as taking a bubble bath, getting a massage, putting on scented lotion, listening to music, buying one more peice of 'skinny' clothes, sipping a hot cup of tea, or taking a nap. And just spending some time with my b/f, watching a movie, is so much sweeter than any candy I could possibly eat!

Every little triump deserves a reward, and rewards are amazing motivators to triumph!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote