Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:14 PM   #1  

Question I missed a few meetings.... do I have to re-join?

I've missed my last two ww meetings because either I was sick or my kids have been sick..... Does anyone know how many weigh-ins you can miss before they make you re-join?
Old 02-22-2006, 09:52 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I think you may have to pay for the two you missed but you won't have to rejoin. Some centres have a pass card that allows you to miss and makeup but we don't have that option here in Canada so I'm not sure how it works.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

You will have to pay the least amount...if paying for all your missed meetings is less than rejoining fees you pay that...if it is cheaper to pay the rejoining fees you pay that.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

We still have free registration through March in our region, so it wouldn't matter.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:57 AM   #5  
banned

id rejoin anyhow bc its cheaper than paying for 3 meetings (2 missed plus the one you go to) im in ny and thats 39! it only costs 13 to start over so you see where im goin w this?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

I've been under the impression that you can't rejoin untill you've been taken off the roll so to speak. I think you have to miss so many (4 I think) before you're even able to rejoin. Other wise you have to pay for the missed meetings. Of course this is just been my experience and that was about 1 1/2 years ago. I missed 2 meetings and had to pay for them plus that week's meeting. A few months later when I missed a whole month (4 weeks) I was able to rejoin without paying the missed weeks. If I were you I would contact your local offfice and ask them.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #7  
jadedjane

okay - from my experience (as I have missed 2 meetings in a row because of vacation) you can miss 3 within a 6 month period and not have to pay for them, but anything more than that will either need to be payed for, or you'd have to re-register.

The only sure bet, though, is to go back and find out. Even if you do have to pay for it (which I don't think will be the case), it'll be worth every penny just to feel like your back on track

*hugs* for all the losers I'm proud to call my friends.
Jane
Old 02-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy1175
I've been under the impression that you can't rejoin untill you've been taken off the roll so to speak. I think you have to miss so many (4 I think) before you're even able to rejoin.
While techinally true they don't usually do that to you. You either pay for the missed meetings or rejoing fees which ever is cheaper. They will never make you pay more than it would be to pay rejoing fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedjane
...you can miss 3 within a 6 month period and not have to pay for them, but anything more than that will either need to be payed for, or you'd have to re-register.
This is not valid in all locations but like you said the only sure way to know how much is to go back or a very minimum call the 800. BTW you have some great posts. I've been reading them.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Default Everyone is right...sorta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_S
You either pay for the missed meetings or rejoing fees which ever is cheaper. They will never make you pay more than it would be to pay rejoing fees.
This isn't always true...I know they make you pay more because I've paid more when I missed two meetings. However I wanted to be sure so I just called the 800#. They told me that the policy varies by state. In Ohio where I went to meetings before you had to miss 4 meetings before you had the option of rejoining, regardless if the rejoing fees are less than the missed meetings. In Texas, where I am now, you have to pay whichever is less. HOWEVER...the woman also told me that sometimes it varies by site as well. SO the only way to truly know is to go back to your meeting. Which is what you want to do anyway.

OH...and FYI...the joining fee is at the special price (here in Texas it's $15) until 3/11. Just in case you know someone who wants to join.

AND I just have to say the woman I talked to on the 800# was extremely nice. I've never called them before so I didn't know they were willing to provide such helpful information. Just thought I'd throw that in.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

I corrected myself in a later most and changed it to 'usually.'
Closed Thread