Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Default Fat Sniper with ephedrine?

Has anyone ever tried Fat Sniper with ephedrine? I used to use an ephederine containing product before the ban was put in place. I've done research on the various products and it would seem that all of the super serious health side effects were a result of the drug being abused. The lowest content of ephedrine leading to a stroke that I could find was 32mg. The Fat Sniper product I ordered contains 24mg. There has been no documented evidence that there is any unreasonable risk in taking the manufacturers' recommended dosages for any of these types of products (which is why the ban was lifted). I plan on using even less than what's recommended and I plan on cutting out my caffeine (I used to drink caffeine with my pre-ban product and was fine). Basically, I feel comfortable enough to take it, but I told my boyfriend this morning that I ordered the pills and he was extremely upset and said that he would throw them out. I was hoping that some of you might have some personal experience to help put his mind at ease. Or if you've had any negative experiences, I welcome that as well. Even though, I've found a lot of material on ephedrine in general (although not always very well documented), I haven't been able to find any specific health information regarding the fat sniper pills. I'd rather be fat and alive than skinny and dead, so any information you could offer would be helpful. I ordered the pills yesterday so it will be a while before I get them; during which time I will continue my research.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:26 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbye Chubby
Has anyone ever tried Fat Sniper with ephedrine? I used to use an ephederine containing product before the ban was put in place. I've done research on the various products and it would seem that all of the super serious health side effects were a result of the drug being abused. The lowest content of ephedrine leading to a stroke that I could find was 32mg. The Fat Sniper product I ordered contains 24mg. There has been no documented evidence that there is any unreasonable risk in taking the manufacturers' recommended dosages for any of these types of products (which is why the ban was lifted). I plan on using even less than what's recommended and I plan on cutting out my caffeine (I used to drink caffeine with my pre-ban product and was fine). Basically, I feel comfortable enough to take it, but I told my boyfriend this morning that I ordered the pills and he was extremely upset and said that he would throw them out. I was hoping that some of you might have some personal experience to help put his mind at ease. Or if you've had any negative experiences, I welcome that as well. Even though, I've found a lot of material on ephedrine in general (although not always very well documented), I haven't been able to find any specific health information regarding the fat sniper pills. I'd rather be fat and alive than skinny and dead, so any information you could offer would be helpful. I ordered the pills yesterday so it will be a while before I get them; during which time I will continue my research.
As far as I know, the ban on ephedra and ephedrine products in the US has not been lifted yet - the FDA is appealing the ruling in Utah.

http://health.dailynewscentral.net/c...iew/000643/61/

I'm not an attorney by any stretch, but from reading this article dated 9 Feb 2006 I would say that it's still banned and it might take awhile for the manufacturers to get it overturned, if they can:

3rd Circuit Limits Appeal of FDA Ban of Ephedrine

I would be VERY leery about ordering from anyone purporting to be selling 'real ephedra'. First off - you don't KNOW if that's what you're actually getting; second - they could very well run off with your money and unfortunately, even if you used your credit card (which normally protects you through chargeback if you get ripped off by a merchant) you could very well not get your money back, as ephedra is still considered an illegal substance in the US and therefore your chargeback rights would be limited or nonexistent. Although the website I found in a google search has a US address, I suspect they are shipping the product from overseas.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Mrs. Jim,

Thank you for your reply. You brought up an excellent point that it might not even be 'real ephedra' that is contained in the product. Upon reading your post, I have sent an e-mail to the Better Business Bureau in the local distrcit of the Fat Sniper company and hopefully they will look into it and check on the company's credibility.
Closed Thread