Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2006, 03:58 AM   #1  

Default WOW LOOK AT THIS!!! Reverse eating = big losses!

I found this randomly...a cool news article! I'm not sure if it's physically possible, but I searched 'reverse diet' because I had a co-worker who lost doing something similar...

http://www.wsmv.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu109_10
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:29 AM   #2  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Hehe, it doesn't seem *that* much different in itself from the 'regular' way of eating healthily, but I think an important factor in it may be the different and, yes, almost "fun" side to it. After all, I've discovered new veggies and dishes just because they looked funny and made me wonder if they were good (yeah, no kidding... I *do* buy stuff just because it looks funny!), so why not reversing one's diet?
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:44 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Yep . . . I agree that it sounds like a pretty good and healthy diet regardless of the direction in which it is eaten . . . and if "eating backward" gets you to stick with it . . . hoorah.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I've actually heard about that. it was Breakfast like a King, Lunch like a Prince, and Dine like a Pauper.

That sounds like a very good idea. back when i lost my first 10 pounds, i was only eating like a bowl of cereal every night for dinner. so, i may start trying to do that again. I have often thought about warming up chicken breast for breakfast. maybe i'll give that a try.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:05 AM   #5  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

I could never do that!! I can't stand huge breakfasts. I like having six little meals throughout the day. It helps a LOT to keep my calorie intake down, too!
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:24 AM   #6  
Meg

Me too on the frequent small meals. I owe a LOT of my success to changing my eating style to eating every three hours.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:41 AM   #7  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I think the "reverse diet" is successful because it's odd, so it keeps your mind on it all day. I'm sure it works well for people who enjoy eating big breakfasts, they "fix" their eating habits but keeping the big breakfast but cutting out some food for dinner. I can't handle real food early in the morning so it's not for me, but I tend to eat about half of my calories for dinner and the rest spread out in little snacks throughout the morning. I think it makes sense to think of some part of your day in moderation like that, so I'm sure it works for many.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:49 AM   #8  
LLV

Sounds interesting, but it wouldn't work for me either. One of the biggest changes I had to make when I changed my lifestyle was eating breakfast. For years I never ate breakfast because I'm just not that hungry in the morning. I eat breakfast every day now, but breakfast to me is simply dumping something into my body to get some nutrition and get my metabolism kicked back into gear. And that's all. I vary my breakfasts to try and make them interesting, but I rarely go over 250 calories and that's for my entire breakfast meal. My biggest meal is lunch.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #9  
Meg

Further proof that there isn't any one-size-fits-all formula for weight loss success!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:12 PM   #10  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

That sounds interesting, and something I would try. I have the same problem as a lot of people with eating breakfast. My meals are normally late in the day, and of course they're the wrong choice. I noticed she didn't even mention exercise as part of her efforts and sorta put it on the way she ate alone. I really doubt she did it without exercise. I guess she just conveniently left that out. Maybe that's just the way I saw it?
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 01:10 PM   #11  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
Me too on the frequent small meals. I owe a LOT of my success to changing my eating style to eating every three hours.
I agree on that. I hardly ever feel hungry or have cravings anymore thanks to it. My mom inspired me to begin a diet that worked by eating small frequent meals when she told me about how she'd tried it once before my brother and I were born, but her weight actually dropped too low for her height and frame at 5'8"-ish and 110 lbs. People told her she looked sick so she stopped. I promised I wouldn't do that ^^
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 02:53 PM   #12  

Well, I never worry about being underweight because I'm 5"2 so in order for me to be, I'd have to be 95 lbs or something..hahah and I'd never get there, knowing my love of hefty five-pounder steaks

Anyway, I AM going to try this, but I won't cut out sugar and restrict my food like Cunningham.

This morning, I had my Jenny Craig pizza for breakfast lol!
Peanut_butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:47 AM   #13  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

calories in vs. calories out...WHEN you eat doesn't technically make a difference (unless you're only eating one large meal a day and nothing else--eating more frequently keeps your metabolism up). You can have a steak at 6am or 10pm--it will have the same number of calories, and your body will process it the same way.

That said, I think the reason this "diet" works is purely mental. By telling yourself you have to have a small dinner, you are able to stop the "grazing" and snacking that most people struggle with in the evenings. Also, reversed or not, cutting out salt, sugar, carbonation, and whatever else would make ANYONE lose weight I'm willing to bet a million dollars that she drastically reduced her caloric intake by changing her eating habits, not just the time at which she ate
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote