South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:49 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chat

Wow - I'm the first one in today? Not much new to report, and I just heard that there's a wreck on the highway that I take to work (hope everyone's okay), so I probably ought to dash to beat the traffic. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Morning All,

HURRAY - I am off today and I slept in!!!! I am still going to do my exercise in a little bit. Going to spend the day with my sister and brother-in-law and their four children. We are going to have a day trip somewhere. I wish I was off tomorrow too - wow would that be amazing. A friend of mine is leaving to go on a cruise in a day and I am sooooooo jealous.

My eating habits are a toboo subject lately and the scale??? Well, lets not even go there. Looking forward to the day and the upcoming weekend.

Have a great day.

Weezle - hope you feel better soon.

All you self sabbatogers - Let's form ranks and beat up those girls that can eat like 10 cheese burgers in a sitting, never do any real exercise, and never gain any weight - I am down with that!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:07 AM   #3  

Default Good Morning

Where is everyone today?
I am a little behind today, haven't worked out yet and then have to get all the kids up and out of the door by 9am. We have to go to Albany for doctor's appt and then we are going to Jeepers today. IT is an indoor amusement park. IT is small but a lotof fun for the kids.
My eco cardio gram went well. I find out the results next week on the 2nd. I do know at lease during the exam my heart did not do flip flops and they didn't have to stop so it went better then the ones in the past. Well have to run, will cehck back in later.
Good morning Jana- drive safe today.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:21 AM   #4  

Today is a busy day. I have meetings all morning and a doctor's appointment for my youngest this afternoon. She just turned 1 in the beginning of February and she barely weighs 15 lbs. Her doctor is concerned that she's suffering from failure to thrive, so he wants to run a whole bunch of tests today. Keep you fingers crossed that it's nothing serious and that she's just small. It's possible; I'm only 5'1" and my husband has a hard time keeping weight on (must be nice!)
I'll be back later. Everybody have a great day!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:43 AM   #5  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning

Hope everyone has a great day, yesterday was good, stayed OP and I took the cola chikcen recipe and added brown rice with Salsa as a bed for the chicken, (phaseII) Very good, MY 15 yr old brother loved it, as I did to.
Gotta go get a load of wood today. Dad Is back from getting his kidney stones busted, however, it will be 2 or 4 days before he can be out and about. sooooooooo I am still being busy, I enjoy it.. though,

Take Care All

Freaky~~ Good to see you in a better mood, And I am with you on the Cheeseburger chicks..............

Hulk ~Glad your test went smoothe ,,,,,,,,,,, be careful today,
Old 02-23-2006, 08:14 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to you all - just because!

I'm sorry that I'm just dashing in and out these days without time to comment on everyone's life. It's a horribly busy week. And this is supposed to be retirement?

Hershey has lost weight this winter! Yay! I wish I could say the same. The vet says she's in good shape for a nine-year old who has had 33 puppies so I guess I'll have my furry darling for a while longer!

This morning I'm off for footcare, then to Perth to visit Harry, then to the Falls to check out exercise bikes, then to a Thera-Paws meeting in Brockville, then home for supper and then a Fair Board Meeting! Three hours of my day will be in the car - a good place to drink water.

I just took the recycle stuff out to the road, my bath is ready and then I'm outta here! ! Just remembered I have to do the Church bulletin today too. Can you say "overbooked"?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:16 AM   #7  
South Beach Life Style

Ruth~~ Glad I was setting down when I read your post,, It wore me out.,...
Be carefull and Take care.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks, wow, everyone seems so busy these days. I feel ya. At least the weekend is not too far away. I feel so bloated and nasty that I'm doing a slim fast thing today and tomorrow. I haven't done it in a while but it helps me with the boating and the yucky feeling. I use the lc slimfast shakes since the adkins ones are approved in the GCGF book and the ingredients are similar. I drink 3 shakes during the day with the 2 cups of veggies at lunch and then eat a P1 meal for dinner. Plus lots of water. I'm sure my plan is not 100% SBD but it works occasionally for me.

Have a great day chicks!!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #9  

It's POURING this MORNING! BRING BACK THE SUN

Yeah me to Mrs Crockett, I think I need a nap after reading bout Ruth's day...
Freaky-- Enjoy yer day... you've been workin so hard lately.. Yeah, yeah... I wanna be part of that gang.. and let's go after the " I always ferget to eat" WHAT's UP WITH THAT!!!! hmmpf.

USMC: Hope she is just a petite thing!

Mamahulk Stay away from all that junk food at the park!

Jana
hope you beat the traffic!

Since it's elcrappo out today . I will continue my job hunt and dig out a needlepoint I've been putting off.... Then DH and I have our Celebration dinner .. since he was in Austin fer our bdays and vday...and well, to celebrate his new job, I made dinner reservations at a Ruth Chris steakhouse ...so I'm gonna eat mini meals today...since I see a big steak and salad in my future ....

TAH TAH my DARLIN's! !!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:39 AM   #10  

Hi Pearsydew!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:40 AM   #11  
South Beach Life Style

HEEY, I JUST WEIGHED MYSELF,, ANOTHER 3 LBS DOWN, BOY IS THAT A NEEDED BOOST FROM MY EMOTIONAL DAY YESTERDAY.. WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO., FOOD OBSESSED, HA! AT LEAST IT IS WITH GOOD FOOD NOW............
Old 02-23-2006, 08:49 AM   #12  
Kyemom

Morning girls...Bad day at work yesterday...Definately confirmed that I am calling in sick tomorrow......I was good with my eating yesterday, and now I need to go make breakfast!! Have a great day!
Old 02-23-2006, 09:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning everyone,
I'm checking in a bit later than usual, after Curves I stopped at the market for leeks for a lentil soup I want to make, then I put a load of clothes in the wash and made some scrambled eggs with a LF WW English muffin for my breakfast. Have you tried those muffins by Thomas's yet? They are 100% whole wheat and have 8 grams of fiber, and they're only 100 calories. I use them for pizzas and tuna melts, too, and they're great!

usmchoney ~ One of my granddaughters is very tiny, too. She's 5 1/2, but she looks like she's only 3. But she's perfectly healthy and strong as an ox! I pray that your wee one is just fine.

Jana ~ Hope you got to work safely and without any hassles!

freaky ~ Enjoy your day, and I hope you can get back on track with your eating. It is hard, but you have been doing really well, and I'd hate to see you mess up now. Just take it one day at a time.

Mamahulk ~ Sounds like a fun day for you!

MsCrockett ~ Isn't that Cola Chicken recipe yummy? I was a little hesitant at first to make it, as soft drinks are a real no-no in my house, but we loved it! I'll just make it for an occasional meal, though, because I really hate the thought of using cola. Hope your dad has a quick recovery. I had the same procedure about 10 years ago.

Ruth ~ You're going to need a race car, with all the racing around you do! Be careful on the roads, and give Hershey and Harry a hug from me.

Schatzi ~ Next time you want to make lasagna, try soaking the noodles in a pan of hot water while you're preparing the sauce. You won't have that "cardboard" texture, and they won't suck up all the sauce.

Kiko ~ Bunco! How I miss playing that! When we were stationed in Germany, a group of us would get together once a month to play. Nobody around here has even heard of it!

Weezle ~ Hope you are feeling better!

Kyemom ~ Your addition sounds nice! You'll have to post pictures when it's all finished! We have a screened in porch, and we love it. We put storm windows in for the winter and a fireplace, too, so we can use it all year.

Pearshape ~ Sorry, I hate to have my picture taken. But I wear my hair short, in a wedge, sort of like Dorothy Hamil. It's dark brown, and I have "warm caramel" highlights in it. I love it, and it's so easy to take care of. I'm not good with messing with my hair, so it's perfect for me.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:02 AM   #14  

My cell phone works again! Huzzah! I guess it needed to dry out. Of course, now I'm trooping around with a phone that's been doused with toilet water. Well, we all have our totally gross challenges in life.

Yesterday, I went to a nutritionist and I'm not exactly content with the consultation. She lumped SBD in with Atkins as low-carb and seemed to dismiss both as hooey. She suggested that such diets usually result in just water weight. I tend to disagree -- I don't think I've lost 38 pounds of water!

She recommended that I eat more carbs -- 30-40 carbs per meal and 15 per snack. She also suggested reducing my protein intake each day. I'm in favor of disregarding that advice. I need that protein to fill me up! Of course, I do take glucophage for insulin resistance and PCOS, so maybe I could handle more carbs. Any thoughts?

Freaky -- sleeping in til 7! I feel positively lazy -- when I sleep in, it's until 11 or so!

usmc -- hope your little one is all right -- kids develop differently, my sisters and I weren't more than 17 pounds at 1 year, and my niece is 25 pounds at 17 months. It varies a lot!

MsCrockett -- brown rice with salsa sounds great; I might try it with fish one of these days.

Ruth -- busy, busy! It's all I can do to drag myself to work and sit at my desk each day

Pearshape -- is that GCGF book v. helpful? I find I might like a little more explanation than the original SBD book.

Schatzi -- We have some sun in Boston, but I think it'll be fading away soon!

Jana, kyemom -- have great days!
Old 02-23-2006, 09:03 AM   #15  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

usmchoney-my boy is almost 2 and he's hovering right about 22lbs. Last checked he's was in the 3% for weight but he's just a little dude. I hope all is well with your girl

Freaky-I'm in for the beat down!!

Nice job Ms Crockett!!

Hi to everyone!

I'm doing my usually-eggs-->to the gym-->blah blah

actually we're having a couple and their kids over tonight so that should be fun. I'm making my famous baked ziti but i'm using hte dreamfields pasta, once in a while...
Closed Thread