Old 02-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #1  
Losing the Weight!

Default Another Question - Lemon Water

Ok, I've used the Lemon Water about three times now and I'm beginning to see a problem here. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced, bloating and constipation with Lemon Water. Am I doing something wrong here?
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #2  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Joan, I have not experienced bloating or constipation with lemon water; but it does not seem effective on my water retention.

Anyone have any suggestions for us? What is the "RIGHT" way to do the lemon water?
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

This is how I do it: I poke a lemon with a fork a few times, put in a bowl, and nuke for 1 minute. Then I cut it in half while still in the bowl so that I don't lose any juice on the cutting board. I squeeze half of the lemon into a 16 oz glass, and fill the rest with hot tap water (as warm as you can drink it). I just tip back my head a chug it as fast as I can, after all warm water is easy to drink fast. I wait about 1/2 and hour, then repeat with the other half. Heating the lemon gets all of the juice out of it, and drinking hot water will help with retention faster than cold water will. I do it about 10:00 am. That way I have the whole day to get rid of the water.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #4  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
This is how I do it: I poke a lemon with a fork a few times, put in a bowl, and nuke for 1 minute. Then I cut it in half while still in the bowl so that I don't lose any juice on the cutting board. I squeeze half of the lemon into a 16 oz glass, and fill the rest with hot tap water (as warm as you can drink it). I just tip back my head a chug it as fast as I can, after all warm water is easy to drink fast. I wait about 1/2 and hour, then repeat with the other half. Heating the lemon gets all of the juice out of it, and drinking hot water will help with retention faster than cold water will. I do it about 10:00 am. That way I have the whole day to get rid of the water.

I'll give it a try. I was nuking the lemon as it gets more juice out of it, but I'll try drinking it "hot and fast". Thanks for the tip.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:09 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

I don't drink hot/warm lemon water. I buy lemon juice and pour a small amount into my water bottle and fill with cold water. I have been doing this for about 1 month or so and it seems to keep the water retention down. Just don't use too much lemon juice.
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote