South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 06:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Chick Chat

Hurray, it's Hump Day, we're halfway through the week!

Ruth, thank God you're OK after that terrible tragedy yesterday! My prayers are going up for your friend, John, too, and that poor Mother who lost her baby. I hope you got some sleep last night, with that on your mind.

As usual, today is my busy day so not too much time to chat. I'm off to Curves, then taking the girls to school and running errands. I got a great haircut at the new salon yesterday, and it was worth it just to go for the coffee! They were expensive, but I'll go back again.

Have a safe and happy day, Chickies!
Old 02-22-2006, 06:50 AM   #2  

My! First time I've been at a computer this early in ages. I have to rush to assert my place in line for the shower, but I'll post in anyway.

I treated myself to a SF pudding last night (it was not entirely fat-free, the Jell-O ready-made cups are not for some reason), because of my irritation at having dropped my cell phone in a toilet. A toilet! It's now pretty well dead and, with it being my only means of communication, that's problematic.

The pudding only temporarily removed the sting at now having to shell out big bucks for a new one.

Other than that, things are going okay. I'm concerned about work because I have a bit of a scandal story I'm working on that's progressing oddly. But it's not affecting my diet in any way. In fact, nothing is affecting my diet -- not eating well, not exercising. Oh, well, I guess it'll happen sometime, as long as I stick with it.

Hope all other Chicks have a pleasant day!
Old 02-22-2006, 06:54 AM   #3  
South Beach Life Style

Well it is official, I put Freaky's picture on the back of a Milk Carton This Morning,

Ruth~ how are you doing today, Did you sleep well at all? and How is your friend?

I made the brownies last night,, ickkkkk,,, man they were horrible...tasted like the smell of rubber tires.................................. did I do something wrong?

Had a good day yesterday, and Woke up this morning to a snowy ans cold morning, one of our wall units (gas) is acting up so I had to shut one down first thing this morning, but I got the wood stove and a couple more gas units.. but man it is Cold This morning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I hope everyone is ready for there day and has a good one, Take Care All
Old 02-22-2006, 07:13 AM   #4  

Default Good Morning Ladies

Well let me tell you all about the wonderful car seat training. The state Police officer that did the training was a ****** *******. HE was rude, insenisative and just down right mean. Then after the morning session when he was obnoxious and did nto teach what we suppose to know for the afternoon, he was flirtatous. How rude. Everyone at my work know's I try to be a goood christian girl but come on when this guy is in idot and mean I do not want him to even be near me and then to give hugs, rub backs, grrrr. I wish I could have just thrown up right on him when he was near me. He really ticked me off. Freaky was not happy either so maybe she is sleeping in. We are all coming down with something so she might be taking the day off or something. I don't blame her.
I have my eco cardiogram today! Warm thoughts please. I always hate these,it is either good or bad news, no in between.
What happened yesterday with soemone's friend and a baby? I missed it, so sorry.
Wezzle I saw you post last night- hope you feel better. The flu is aweful.
Good morning to everyone and I wish you all a great day.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:14 AM   #5  

Good morning Cottage, Sun, and Crockett!

Ruth I just cannot even fathom for one second what that woman must be going through. I hugged my sweet love a little tighter last night. I hope you were able to get some sleep.

Weez Glad to hear that you are on the mend- we missed you! Not quite the way you want to lose weight, eh??

Cottage I am glad you love your new do!!

Crappy eating last night after dinner. I cannot believe what a hard habit this is for me to break!!!!

Bunco tonight at a girlfriend's. She is not the most stellar cook around, so it shouldn't be too hard to stay OP. The wine on the other hand.....

Have a super day all!!

Gotta jet- slept in a bit as the girls are both home with DH today.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

LOL Crockett - I laughed out load at that one. I was up this morning but I ws without much to say. Made it through the workout though. I ended up going to work yesterday and was not ill. I think it must be dehydration as I have not been drinking enough water. Hope to remedy that today.

I do not want to go to work this week. I usually like to do my job but am feeling "pretty damn unappreciated" lately and want to call off and stay home to sulk. BUT...not going to do it. SO...off to work again and a big Hi Ho to that. At least the dreaded car seat training is over and let me tell you...the Tropper was a total wack job if I ever saw one. Talk about needing an attitude adjustment and maybe a life to go with it.

Mama - good luck at the Doc's

Weezle - I am sorry your ill but since your loosing weight could you come and infect me cause my scale is going up. My own fault for all the crappy eating I've been doing!!! Naughty Freaky!!!

Well, this is where my motivation for the day ends...hope you other chickies are having a better week.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:33 AM   #7  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Good morning chicks! It's the first time I've been up early in...forever!

I've been busy, busy, busy with school, but it's good that way. The more work I get done now, the more I can relax as graduation approaches! I got some good news last night - I got into my first choice law school! Very excited about that, as I've been working towards it for almost a year. DH took me out to celebrate at a place. So I didn't stay on program. Oddly enough, I felt satisfied after eating only two slices of pizza, where before the beach, I could have eaten 4, 5, even 6, no problem. So this way of eating seems to have taught me some restraint. I was so proud

Cottage ~ I'm glad you are enjoying your new haircut! Isn't it such a great feeling?

SunLit ~ Sorry to hear about your phone!

MrsCrockett ~ Stay warm!!

Mamahulk ~ Ugh, that officer sounds like a real drag Sending you lots of : good vibes for your test today!

Kiko ~ Enjoy your dinner with your friend tonight!

Freaky ~ Hi! I can relate to feeling underappreciated at work...not a good feeling!

Ruth ~ I caught up with the posts yesterday, and I'm sorry to hear about what you went through yesterday! I hope you were able to sleep last night.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:42 AM   #8  

Morning Chickadees!

My dear sweet Ruth..how tragic and sad and scary! My heart goes out to that poor woman and her child .. and hugging you tightly that you are safe. I hope your friend heals up jiffy quick.

Cottage: Ah a new doooo! Makes ya feel like a new woman!

Sunlit: A Scandal Story? How deeeeelish!

Mamahulk and Freaky: Report that Wack Cop!!! Mama sending you healthy vibes fer yer test.

MsCrocket: did you make the bean brownies or what??

Kiko: Acck not a stellar cook ... Man I can relate!

I made a cherry cake and lasagne last night to celebrate DH's return home... So, I decide hmmm, there's a shortcut on the noodle box.. in that you dont haveta boil the noodles first.. just whip yer lasagne together and bake it... Sure the noodles softened but they SUCKED up all the tomato sauce and the noodles were chewy... UGH .. on to dessert...My first time making this cake that his mom makes fer him. IT CAME OUT LIKE A CRUMBLING BRICK!!!! DH and I laughed so hard and made all kinds of jokes... and then about an hour later I had a horrid stomach ache! poisoned by my own entirely off plan dinner!...

Time fer Tums and Cawfee
Old 02-22-2006, 08:20 AM   #9  

Mornin' all. I have a training class today that starts 1 1/2 hours after my usual work time. So, I actually got to go to Curves and then come home to get ready for work. I usually have to take everything with me and then get ready AT work. What a luxury for today!

Ruth - So sorry to hear about the bad wreck yesterday. Lots of prayers going up for those involved.

Cottage - Glad you like your new haircut. You deserve a little pampering!

Mama & Freaky - Too bad you couldn't have whacked that trooper with a car seat buckle! Mama, hope you get good news from the doc.

Schatzi & MsCrockett - I think they should issue a labcoat to anyone who walks into my kitchen. I never know how my culinary experiments will turn out.

Well, can't put it off any longer. Gotta get ready for class. Must get java, java, java in order to stay awake through this one. All you chickies have a great day!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:23 AM   #10  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Geez so many of you chickies up so early! It is 6 am in my world...I am up and at it early to put some hours in with the SAH job. Man did I have a horrible non OP night last night. I always do this to myself, it is like a viscious cycle. I do wonderfully maybe even drop some lbs then I get too comfortable in my progress and over indulge... DH wanted pizza last night, I went to the store and bought a SB pizza, he bought pizza hut. Long story short he got a deal on more food than he could eat and I ended up throwing caution to the wind and eating his non SB pizza. Would have been ok if I only ate like one piece right? I had to go and eat 4 breadsticks with sauce and 4 pieces of pizza! I felt sick afterward not to mention guilty. I cannot even begin to fathom doing cardio today to make up for it since I am so busy. I am ging to get some strength training in no matter what and rev up my cardio tomorrow. A lot on my plate today, have to put in 7 hours with the at home job, then going to a basketball game to shoot pictures out of town tonight. There is a paid internship for a paper in the next town and I need to get my application and portfolio in for it asap...Well I am going to go report all that damage to my fitday now...I am dreading hopping on the scale tomorrow.

Cottage - morning You are sure up bright and early...

Sunlit - I washed my cell phone once...in the washing machine. I know the sting of having to buy a brand new one...

MsCrockett - good morning, stay warm and make sure you keep that weather to yourself, I am freezing as it is...

mamahulk - *sending warm thoughts* That guy sounds like a real jerk. Have you thought about giving feedback to his supervisor?

freaky - I have not been getting my water in either, feeling pretty icky myself...great job on still getting your workouts in.

crk - congrats! DId you get a decent scholarship package...isn't it nice to have choices.

schatzi - You are hilarious hun I can totally relate. I am still learning this whole *domestic goddess* thing. My husbands mother makes everything from scratch, from dinner rolls even her salad dressing. Everytime I try to follow one of her recipes it does not come out right lol. I think I gave myself food poisoning making sweet and sour meatballs once...
Old 02-22-2006, 08:24 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chickies! I slept OK last night after I finally got to sleep. Accident reruns kept me thinking for a while.

Cottage, nothing like a good haircut. The great coffee is a bonus!

SunLit, it dropped in the toilet! I've done that with pedometers but not a cell phone - probably because I haven't got one yet!

MsCrockett, stay warm today. Of course your "cold" wether is my "warm" weather!

Mamahulk, I think you should register a complaint! That behavious is totally unacceptable, particularly in a cop!

Bunco, Kiko ? I know it's a card game but that's about it. Maybe taking a bottle or two of flavoured water will help you with wine-avoidance. (I give good advice but never take it!)

Freaky, I think you and mamahulk should report that peckerhead. Get me his phone number and he'll suffer the wrath of Ruth - after I'm finished with him. Was he hunky?

Schatzi, come and cook for me, OK? I've been caught on those no-cook noodles too and just use the regular now.

Christine, it's great that you got into law schools but even better that it's your first choice one! Don't sweat the pizza - this is a lifestyle not a life sentence!

This morning Hershey and I go for her "geriatric profiling" appointment at the vet! She's nine now, has been spayed and seems in good health although overweight. (I'm her role model! ) There'll be a very thorough exam plus bloodwork and I'm sure we'll have our usual "discussion" about the pros and cons of the BARF (raw food) diet! It's too bad vets sell commercial dog food! We'll see if I need to adjust my darling's diet. Lucy was just evaluated by the breeding kennel's vet and pronounced in top shape! However, according to her bloodwork, she is still playing coy about being bred. You can't hurry Mother Nature!

The forsythia branches I cut last week broke into glorious yellow bloom this morning. What a great sight first thing in the morning!

I hope everyone has a radiant day!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:26 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Jana and Stephie. We were posting at the same time. Have a great but busy day.

I am going to before we go to the vet. I should put Hershey on there with me!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:36 AM   #13  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone....no time to post to everyone - I gotta get ready for work (UGH! - When's my day off?!) My calf is still hurting.....husky kitty did a number on me! AND the scale is up (grr!)
Ruthie - glad you are ok!
Have a great day!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:49 AM   #14  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, chicks. Nothing major happening here today. Today is the day I teach from noon to 8pm. But I'll proably be done around 7 because I'm giving an exam today. I found out that I got a crappy grade on the exam I took last week. I did better than I thought I did though relative to the rest of the class. Pretty much everyone did bad so she's letting us redo an essay question on the metabolic pathways of C4 plants to add credits to our score. That will be good because I'm pretty comfortable with that subject.

Lunch will be the Thai shrimp soup again and some veggies. Dinner will be SBD friendly beef-n-broccoli. Yum! I'll probably have some wine tonight also. It will be added in to the daily calories though.

Cottage: Congrats on your haircut. Is your hair short? What's it look like?

Sunlit: That sucks about your phone. How's a cellphone end up in the toilet? Wait...maybe I don't want to know! Hope your day gets better today.

MsCrocett: Maybe the nuts were bad in the brownies? Sometimes when nuts turn they can have a painthinner/rubber sort of taste to them. They were the nut brownies not the bean ones right?

MamaHulk: I'm sending good healthy heart vibes your way for a healthy test result.

Kiko: That cracked me up. I have a girlfriend like that. And the funny thing is she's always trying to feed me when I go over there.

Freaky: Hope you feel better. Drink up!!

crk: That's great news about law school. What type of law?

Schatzi: Sorry about your dinner. At least you and Mr.Schatzi got to have a good laugh about it. Hope your tummy feels better today!

Jana: Have fun in training...at least pretend to. I know how those can be...big snore fests that leave you feeling like you just wasted a whole day. Just think about our hot beach cabana boys to get you through !

Stephanie: I hate pizza...I hate pizza!! AT least that's what I have to keep telling myself. I caved and had some a few days ago. IT's evil vicious snaky food that calls to me! I feel your pain!

Ruth: Glad to hear you're doing a little better after yesterday. How awful. I feed a holistic brand that cooks their food at 1/2 the temps of other pet foods so it keeps the natural nutrients in. They also add enzymes and microbe cultures to it to improve digestion. My dog and cat do great on it. I noticed a huge difference in what were already beautiful coats. It's called EaglePac and I highly recommend it.

Everyone else: have a fabulous day!
Old 02-22-2006, 08:51 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quick post...have furnace guys coming today to install the new one. Hope I don't freeze!

Have a great day, chickies!

to you, Ruth.
Closed Thread