Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2006, 07:36 PM   #1  

Default the worst confidance breaker EVER!

I had to buy a swim suit today.. because logan starts his swimming lessons tomorrow and because he is only three.. he has to be accompanied by an adult (Moi),.. The last bathing suit i had was when i was pregnant with him (maternity one)..

I hated what i saw in the mirror.. but it's not like i can swim in my jeans
I kept telling myself i WILL look better in it once i lose this first 30lbs.. but i felt like such a cow.. and i have to wear it in public tomorrow!
Losingitin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 07:39 PM   #2  

I recently bought a really cute bathing suit at Target. It's a halter style tankini and it had a little straight skirt that you wear over the bottoms. I've gotten lots of compliments on it! And for once, I feel good in a bathing suit! Keep trying them on till you find one you look great in!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #3  
Feeling the burn

I love those halter ones too with a little skirt! Should've tried those a long time ago. I bought it at Target as well. They seem to hide the tummy much better for some reason. First time in a long time I actually think a bathing suit looks cute on me.

Maybe you can find a nice pair of shorts to wear over them! I've seen a few at Walmart, they are made of a light material and dry fast. And don't be so hard on yourself Many, many people don't like bathing suits, no matter how thin they are, and honestly, people don't really pay that much attention to others cause they're probably more concerned about the way they look in their own bathing suits. So go out there and have fun with your little one!
Fit_Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I love a pretty sarong tied around the hips
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Don't worry about how you look. You're there to help your son, and everyone else will be there to help their kids too-- it's a big group of mommies, not a swimsuit competition!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:41 AM   #6  

I was 262lbs when I was swanning about in a bathing suit. I looked lovely I'm sure I have some sort of deluded body image problem, where I think I look better than I do!!!

You'll not be the biggest there by a long shot, and even a "perfect size 8" woman worries about bits of her body poking out from under a swim suit. (Fit_Boo I just noticed said a similar thing - great minds think alike!!)

You'll be up to your waist in water most of the time, and you'll forget what you look like, and just be so proud of Logan and watching the delight in his face, that you just won't care what your thighs look like!!!

Oh and the good thing about wearing a swimsuit when you are bigger, especially if you see people regularly, is that you get so many comments and so much praise as the weight goes down. I am the "star" of my swimming pool!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:11 AM   #7  

I recently bought a pair of quick dry board shorts and a tankini thingo and feel much more confident in them than swimmers.

You liitle fella with just love that you are going swimming with him.. bravo for going outside your comfort zone - I know I struggle with it
Marianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Ah yes...bathing suits. Last year, we got a pool, and I didn't even think about wearing an actual bathing suit...it's incredibly hard to find one at 350 pounds anyhow. So I wore a pair of lightweight shorts from Walmart, and a t-shirt all year. Sorta embaressing, but cest la vie, I guess. This year, I plan on actually buying a bathing suit! Right after my 20th birthday in June...wish me luck! LOL!

As for you, like others have said, don't worry about it. It's moms, and I'm sure no one is going to be happy with how they look! You're doing great!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #9  
Melting Butter

There are so many styles and types of bathing suits...I know they don't hide all sins but some of them do come close. If it would make you more comfortable you could always buy a swimdress it's a full piece suit with a skirt attached. Or a pair of swim shorts with a tankini top.

But no matter what, you're amazing for just being there for your son. A lot of women wouldn't do what you're going to do tomorrow. I'm sure once you get there and get in the pool you'll be happy you went!
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote