Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-21-2006, 11:47 PM   #1  
FiferJanis

S/C/G: 237.5/237.5/175

Height: 5'10"

Default My Duct Tape Double

I sew, and came across this article a couple of points on how to make your "duct-tape double" dressform. While it doesn't seem like I have much time to do any sewing lately, I thought, "Wouldn't this be an incredible way to measure your diet progress?"

You could make a duct-tape double on your quest to a healthy weight, and then as you get smaller, you can tell how your size/shape has changed as you get smaller by putting your former body "self" on and seeing the difference. I think I'll make one this weekend!

http://www.taunton.com/threads/pages/t00002.asp

--Janis
busker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:37 AM   #2  

And what a great present when you get to goal and can compare the two. And you could decorate it as well, with pieces of old clothes, sort of crazy patchwork style, or cover it in white paper and draw and write inspirational things on it, or print out your favourite posts from 3FC and stick them on it.

I am seeing art installations, competitions, 3FC home made dress forms taking over from quilt competitions etc!!!!

I'm just not sure I'd trust the dh to wrap me in duct tape
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:41 PM   #3  
Marathon Goddess

I had one of those when my mom was making my wedding dress, its a really great visual. Although much thinner then, I still look at her in my moms sewing room, and it gets me all fired up again. I imagine having one my size now, might really light the fire in my pants!!
happytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:57 AM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

That looks fun! I just fancy being wrapped in duct tape!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:43 AM   #5  
Going to ONEderland

Wow, I wish I had done this before I started Body for Life several years ago. In that program you are supposed to take before and after pictures. Well I couldn't tell by the pictures whether anything had changed or not. Pictures taken from different distances can do that. A form would have made it more clear though.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:44 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thats pretty amazing.......Red Green would be proud!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote