Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#840

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 02:53 PM   #2  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

It has taken me awhile to catch up with reading all the posts, and I was only gone for 3 days! I don't have time to respond to everyone now, and probably won't tonight either since we are supposed to go grocery shopping.

I had a nice weekend with my parents and it was good to see my brother again before he and his girlfriend move to Hawaii next week. I am hoping to maintain this week since my eating (and drinking) there was off plan. I am OK with that - I made the choice to relax and enjoy myself. I tried to choose items sensibly and eat healthy portions, so it was not a total bust. But, my NSV was that I brought my WATP tape with me and started both Saturday and Sunday by getting up a bit early and doing that first thing. It felt really good to continue with my commitment to myself even though I was outside of my normal routine.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:59 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Nancy--that's awesome that you did the WATP tapes even though you were out of routine! I am horrible at doing what I need to do when my routine changes (which is why I can stay below 1200 calories during the week, but come the weekend, watch out for those 3000 high days ).
Old 02-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #4  

Tasha - I'm sending my thoughts your way, and I hope that everything goes well at your appointment. I'm so glad you filed a complaint about that excuse of a doctor!! If you ever want to talk, I'm here. I'm hoping that your tests come back fine...and if it is something, they will catch it in time. My mom was lucky enough to survive cancer twice. Once when I was 10, she had stomach cancer (it runs in my family), but they got it before it spread. And this past summer, she was diagnosed with colon cancer, and she's just now getting off the chemotherapy...if you ever want to vent/cry or anything, don't hesitate to write me.

Ammi - It came on all of a sudden. I was fine last night when I went to bed, and woke up feeling crappy. And now I'm fine. Go figure.

Shelly - Please don't let this get you down or discourage you from continuing. Like Brenda said, if you are doing everything right, then it's just the scale that's wrong!

Heather - Here's to hoping your hubby gets the job!!!!

Teresa - Hello and to 3FC, and to the forum!!! Well, before you set a goal for yourself, I'd monitor your weight loss for say a month, and then you'll be able to see about how much you lose a week, or however often you weigh, and then set a goal for youself. I have goals usually monthly...or holidayish ones. I'm sure you'll find this place a great source of inspiration, and I look forward to getting to know you a little more.

Nancy - That's great, exercising while you are visiting other people! You certainly have the drive!!!

I'm feeling a LOT better than I was this morning, and I think I'm finally going to attempt my essay for my English class...it's due next Tuesday, and I haven't started it yet...eeps.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #5  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Hey Kayley
Happy to hear that you are feeling better. I am too Thinking on actually cooking supper tonight *L* Hubby will be pleased. I made the phase 1 chocolate brownies this afternoon. I haven't tried them yet but hopefully they will be good. I will let you know! I almost caved and went on to phase 2 this week. Hubby helped me to stay strong. I miss fruit so much! But I can do this and I WILL be strong!
Brenda
Old 02-21-2006, 04:04 PM   #6  

Brenda - Where did you get the recipe for brownies?!?! If they are good, definately post it, cuz I've been having a sweet tooth lately, and I don't know how to satisfy it!! lol.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #7  
trying again!

Nancy ~ Congratulations on continuing your exercise routine and for not feeling guilty about enjoying your weekend. Just shows that YOU are IN control!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #8  
trying again!

kayley ~ It is posted on the south beach food dessert section on 3FC. I also make a mean crustless pie *L* All you do for that is take a lrg container of ff/sf yogurt, add 2 pkg of sf jello powder, mix, microwave for 2 min, mix and put in fridge in a pie plate or sm serving size tupperware containers. top with a little light coolwhip ( 1 tsp is allowed) I like using the lemon jello, tastes like heavenly lemon meringue pie and has very few calories plus helps get your calcium in for the day
Old 02-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #9  
South Beach Life Style

Hello all,

Today has been good, No classes today, the Teacher cancelled out.. I have kept pretty busy with my New Computer, I got a lot of extra goodies with it and I have been playing a lot ., Plus keeping Wood split and the fire going, My Father is still down and out with the Kidney stone, He will go Tomorrow to have it Busted,, so hopefully he will recover over the weekend and be back at it on Monday.... However , splitting wood, is a very good work out.. Man talk about haven some lungs for that job.. shewwwwwww,,

Ammi~ Im missing you it seems, I got my Will & Grace Emmy Nomination DVD today,, Maybe I can stream it... well chat about it,,,, I have not watched it yet.. I am waiting till my lilttle brother gets home, as he loves Karen and Jack as much as I do,..... deed, If they would just make a "Karen and Jack" show,,
I also gotta fill you on on GRAYS ANATOMY<< ewwwww that Meradeth,, very SHOCKED at her conduct... I will send you the ScreenCleaners.

I hope everyone else is doing GREAT,,,,,,Take care all
Old 02-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #10  

Thanks Brenda! *runs to the recipe section*
Old 02-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #11  
determined to lose

Kayley - I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope it is just a temporary thing and nothing worse!

Ammi - I hope your husband's thumb is healing up well! I recently sliced open my thumb, i was using a knife to pry out the stopper in my swiss ball and the knife slipped. Mad a pretty big flap of skin right beneath the bottom of my thumbnail. I was worried about it healing and attaching itself back to the nail bed, but it is doing fine. I am sure your husband's thumb will heal fine too!

Jill - I know what you mean about trying to diet with family members. Mom mom is also dieting, while it helps with meal preparation, I feel like I am being watched if I eat off program...probably should be smacked for it...She is doing so well she has lost tons more weight than me. I just have to get back on the stick.

By the way, congrats on making your calories even though you went to burger king...! That can be rough!

Hi Crock - I hope you have thick socks on! Keep those tootsies warm.

Tashabella - My best friend had to have a more accurate mamogram, I forget what they called it. because her regular one did not come back clear. But when they did the advanced one, it turned out to be okay. Hopefully yours will too. I will say a prayer for you.

I am a stress eater too, I know where you are coming from. Just try fixing something like sugar free jello or pudding or something like that to chow down on...air popped pop corn...

Good for you for changing doctors and for reporting him too. More people should report doctors when they mistreat them!

ZedAus - I dont think your overexercising is a silly problem at all. People can become addicted to anything including exercise! It will be a tough habit to change since it is one you need to do, just do less of...I wish you well on your efforts to retrain yourself and set more reasonable exercise goals! This is going to take effort on your part and is not silly at all! It is like calling overeating silly and we know it is serious dont we? You can do this, it will just take some planning and personal effort to stick to the plan!

Brenda - I can sympathize with you and Kayley being ill. Goodness knows I was sick long enough for several people. I hope neither of you ever get whatever I had! If you do, you didnt get it from me, ok?

Catherine - wow, you sound like my friend Carolyn, she is a pumpkin eating maniac. I will have to let her know what you said about skin elasticity. She is finally trying to lose some weight too! I am so happy for her. You sound like an excellent cook. Your DH and his pals are in for some healthy treats from you, I can tell!

Ammi - I did go to DMLZ but I did not do a full tour, just scanned it a bit. It looks interesting, thank you for pointing it out.

I hope you get to feeling better soon and that DH's thumb is getting better quickly!

Lilion - Geez, you work from home and dont get credit for it, that stinks! I hope you get to feeling better too...so many people feel bad today.

Oh Shelly, we all have our ups and downs with the scale and our emotions. I had lost 1 pound this month then I gained 1.5 pounds and now I have lost 1.5 pounds. So, believe me, it is not just you and it will work itself out...just keep drinking your water and watching your salt and sticking to your program. Remember calories in minus calories out = weight loss if it is a negative number. Try to workout tomorrow so you will have more calories out. You can do it!

heather - Ooh good vibrations going out to DH for his new job interview with the big boss!! fingers crossed.

About the iron, be sure you drink your water because it can be constipating for some people. I know it does me that way.

Teresa - WELCOME to the thread!! I have to lose 150 pounds too and I am 43. We can do it, but you have to get that exercise worked into your life...dont want to be all saggy baggy when we lose weight right!

You can get Walk Away The Pounds by Leslie Sansone DVD/VHSs for when you cannot walk outside if you want to. You can get them at her website or on ebay...ebay is cheaper.

Nancy - Way to go WATP while visiting relatives, You Go Woman! I think that is just great! I was thinking about taking one with me next time I stay with my friend Carolyn for a few days! Now I know I will, I will put one in my bag to take with me....super!

Kayley - I am glad you are feeling better! You give good tips but you better get your butt in gear on your English paper...those things can be a bear. My mom and my aunt are both survivors of Colon cancer. My mom has like 8 or 9 years of clean exams.

Brenda - glad you are feeling better too. Please be sure to tell us about the brownies. I would kill for some brownies on phase I.

Crock - splitting wood? Wow, what an exercise that is! I hope your dad's stone is passed easily. My ex had some back before they had a way to break them up...oh, it was agony for him and when it was passed it was all sharp and pointy around. ick.

I have good news. First, I am rounding up my beginning weight for this current effort from 305.8 to 306 because I hate fractions...unless they are a loss of course..ha ha. But I had lost a pound at the beginning of the month then gained 1.5 pounds well now I have lost that 1.5 pounds so I am back at a 20 pound loss since New Years! So I am happy.

Had a great workout at the gym! It was so nice to be able to go work out. My parents had out of town guests this weekend and i could not get a ride to go workout. Mondays my dad bowls am and pm so I have to go in the middle of the day but I couldnt because I had to go to the Psych.

Anyway, I am over the crud and am relatively happy (for me) I got the psych to change me back to an old antidepressant that I like better so that is good! She is starting to hear me better when I talk to her, I think.

My son is looking for work so send him work vibrations please.

Today I am on program! Hurray for me.

Now what is this, by the time I get to the end of the thread, there is a new one and half of what I wrote to the first one is obsolete before I post it...everyone who was sick feels better now (good thing) so I have double posts on some people....way to much to read anyway, but there it is.
Take care everybody.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #12  

Garnetfairy, I know I need to get started on it, but it's just such a STUPID choice of topics, and it's a smaller essay, so I can just wing it! lol...my professor is insane. No joke....
Old 02-21-2006, 06:58 PM   #13  
determined to lose

Kayley - I had a psychology teacher who was really nuts too. I was not doing well in the class and we had to write a paper. Well, she liked my paper so much that she gave me an A in the class overall. Weird, huh? Nice weird tho.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:34 PM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

holy crap - its been BUSY here!!!

ive been ok. went to vegas for the long weekend. i was good and we only had buffet once! we went up to the mountains and it was snowing. it was beautiful. we had a lot of fun. the drive out and back sucked tho. it usually only takes 3-4 hours but it took 7 1/2 hours to get out there and 5 1/2 hours to get home. i got pretty sick yesterday, and its lingered into today. its gotta get better soon, im filming this weekend and i start school monday.

there has been so much going on here, i just cant keep up

dogpal - i dont know what crazy hair you got up somewhere.. but if you think you can just leave, you are our of your mind!!! we just wont allow it at all!!! this is the time that you need us the most. we all know exactly what you are going through.

i hope everyone else is doing good. i will post more later
Old 02-21-2006, 07:47 PM   #15  

Thanks, Kayley and Garnetfairy. I appreciate your support so much.

Kayley ~ My grandmother had stomach and esophogeal cancer. Your mom is so lucky they got it before it spread. My grandmother had to eat baby food for like 20 years. I am so happy your mom is a survivor!
Closed Thread