Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 01:59 AM   #1  

Default Fabulous 40's #77

I would love to. I hope I am home. We all need to really talk.
Terri
Old 10-04-2001, 10:34 AM   #2  

Terri - that's attachment is soooooooo cool. Someone please send me the site to get those attachments. My e-mail is [email protected]. I know Patti/Zoe has tried to forward it but for some reason I haven't gotten it yet. Thanks in advance.

Myra -- Wow - you are amazing, congrats on your loss!

Janie - congrats on your loss too, good job.

Jen- I saw the tribute also, it was great. The biggest surprise of all to me was Kevin Spacey singing - who knew?? I love him as an actor. And I thought he did well with the song. But, you are right, we are blessed with great families and friends and have much to be grateful for. I guess "don't sweat the small stuff" is appropriate for these new days we have faced and are still facing.

Welcome, welcome, welcome Kolika. I'm Dianne, a ww lifetime member since 1995. Reached goal, went back up and am trying to get back to goal. Hope you like it here, these guys are great, very supportive and we have fun too.

Hi Essie and Joyce and Momof4 (where are ya?). Hope you guys are doing well.

Talk to 'yous' soon.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-04-2001, 10:58 AM   #3  

Hi Dianne. I sent you an e-mail.
It is great hearing from you.

Terri
Old 10-04-2001, 12:10 PM   #4  

I just found this:

A trim U.S. prison guard has eaten his way into the world record books by munching 17,500 Big Macs. Donald A Gorske has consumed an average of two McDonald's burgers every day since May 17, 1972 -- a feat that has seen him included in the 2002 edition of "Guinness World Records", which was published on Friday. "Big Macs have always been my favourite food," 46-year-old Gorske said. "You guys drink tea all day, I eat Big Macs," he told the British researchers of the world-famous record book.

Gorkse, who sports a car registration SZME CB1 (Sesame Seed Bun), rates 1984 as the vintage year for Big Macs in terms of flavour, value, size and consistency. The most burgers he has eaten in a day is nine and the 179lb (81kg) burger connoisseur from Wisconsin has dined at McDonald's outlets across
48 of the 50 U.S. states.
-------------------------------------------------

I am sure our hearts are healthier than his.
I could eat 2 big macs a day when:
Old 10-04-2001, 12:44 PM   #5  

Kolica ( I hope I spelled it right),
HI, Im Janie and I'm 43, married, with an almost 8 year old daughter Ellen. I became a Lifetime WW in 1995. I am an Environmental Scientist working in the national interest at Lawrence Livermore National Lab. My DH, Steve, teaches physics and astronomy at a local college. Yes, we do have intersting pillow talk Welcome to our little circle of friends!

Myra,
WTG girl! You are awesome!!!!!!

Everybody
Regarding the chat thing this Saturday. I have never done a chat before, someone will have to tell me what to do. The other thing I want to point out is that 8pm EDT is 5pm PDT, right when I will be preparing dinner for my family. Would you folks be ok with staying up a little later and maybe starting at 9 or 9:30EDT?

We have been having really lovely indian summer weather here I am in denial and don't want to get out my fall/winter clothes, so it can stay warm as long as it wants, especially since my summer clothes are fitting so much better now. It's like I have a whole new wardrobe. I am wearing clothes that haven't fit for 2 years. I reminded Steve that I am almost at 20 lb and that he better have a really good present for me. He was fine about it and asked what I wanted. He must feel really guilty about laughing at me back in July

Have a great Thursday,

JanieD
Old 10-04-2001, 08:04 PM   #6  

Hello Ladies,

Dianne, I can't seem to get the attachments. The website Zoe sent me seems too confusing. I'm going to give it another try this weekend.

Terri, are the attachments from the website Zoe gets hers? They're really cute. I can't remember the last time I had a big mac.

JanieD, we could chat another day. Now, I'm not sure if I'll be home. We have to plan it for when it's good for everybody. My husband(Pete) doesn't believe in diets. He says everybody who loses always gains it back & then some. He believes in exercise. Lots of cardio with weight training. I would love to lose 20 lbs. so he can see it can be done. I'm aiming for 10 lbs. from now till Thanksgiving. Today was in the 80's & tomorrow it's going to be warm too. I'm ready for the chilly weather.

Have a good evening

Luv,
Essie
Old 10-04-2001, 09:52 PM   #7  

Hi Essie: I'm confused too Terri sent me the site, I think its the same one Zoe/Patti sent her. (thank you terri). I seem to keep going around in circles, I click on something and it brings me back to where I started from Guess I'll have to play with it too. I'm with you Es, bring in the fall!

Ewwwwwwww Terri - that Big Mac stuff sounds gross. But then again, I don't eat hamburgers or hamburger meat, so I guess its easy for me to stay away from

Hi Jen, Myra, Joyce, Janie, Momof4, Zoe/Patti and Kolika

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 10-04-2001, 10:29 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Evening!

Hello ladiies TGIF tomorrow and thank goodness! I'll feel better once I get out of the present week. I hope you're all doing ok and staying with your programs.

Kolika ~ Welcome to a great group of girls. Tons of gray, huh??? Me too!! I've been so gray since I"m 30 yrs old!! I'm not 46. Again, glad you've "jumped in". here.

Janie ~ good job on your loss of 1/2 lb! Any loss is a good job. :-)

Myra ~ what a great accomplishment.....congrats!!!!!

Essie ~ I hope you can get the hang of the website. See how good Terri has gotten??

Dianne ~ I sent you that website again. I don't know why you're not rec'ing it because I just click on the url you type.....<scratching my head here> I feel so bad and so sorry you haven't gotten it yet. Maybe between me this time and Terri, you're bound to get it this time. Again, so sorry I'm so computer dumb.

Terri ~ WOW girl.......great job on those attachments! You're an old pro. I love the one on the first post of this thread. I musta missed that one.

Hello to anyone I didn't address.....gotta run. Barry Bonds just tied the home run record....Woo Hoo.......have a great night everyone........tomorrow is supposed to be cool, straight throught the weekend......fall is upon us!!
Old 10-05-2001, 12:18 AM   #9  

I can't believe I missed the homerun. I have been watching. He used to be on my team, The Pirates. WOW!!! I would love it if Sammy Sosa would do it one year.

JanieD,
Chats can be overwhelming but once you get the hang of it it is fun!

The website was a little confusing but I kept it up and found a bunch. I would like to find one with a lot of congratulatory words
like "Good" Way to go" etc... Thanks Patti. I loved it. I stole the pumpkin. It is so cute!

We have been having the 70's here. It is nice. Can't wait til' it is a little cooler.
Have a wonderful Friday guys!!!!

Terri
Old 10-05-2001, 07:24 AM   #10  

Thumbs down

Happy Weekend!

Dianne, attachments-I think I give up too quickly. I get frustrated & sign out. Like you, I keep going around in circles. How's the family?

Terri, the pumpkin is so cute. I did see the pumpkin but I didn't know how to get from there to here Hi Brittany

Myra, how many miligrams of HTP's do you take? The one I bought said to take 1/1xday, 50 grms. I've been taking one just before I turn in & it helps me sleep.

I have a busy day ahead of me. Hope I could make it to the gym later.

Have a great day everybody. Be back this evening.

Hi Zoe/Patti, Jen, JanieD, Joyce & Kolika

Hugs,
Es (what my family calls me) You all are family that's why
Dianne calls me Es.

Last edited by Livinghealthy; 10-05-2001 at 07:40 AM.
Old 10-05-2001, 08:20 AM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Default attachments

If anyone can get to the attachments and see any that they like, this is what I do.....I hope this is some help.

To Save Picture or Animation
When you find one you like, even taking them from us here, just right click on it and click "save picture as"......just select a folder to save it to (I made one called animations), name it whatever you want and hit save.

To use Picture or Animation
On 3FC, just click browse at the bottom of your post, a box of folders will pop up. Go to the folder you put your pics in, highlight the one you want to use and click on "save".

I am not very good at computer stuff, I ask my son all the time but this seems to work. As for the website, it certainly is a confusing place (clipart.com) but I don't know any others. I also just take what I like from here. THAT is the easiest way I've found. Ha! Good luck........
Old 10-05-2001, 08:43 AM   #12  

I took the Turkey. I am saving him. Are there any good threads that have icons on them? I feel like stealing some today.

Hi Es. That is We are like family. The song by the Pointer Sisters come to mind. "We Are Family". I loved that song.

Bruce went to the meeting the coaches had (He is assistant coach)
and they announced that Brandon's team, the Madison Patriots, are the only
undefeated team in Alabama. They are automatically going to the Jaguar Bowl
in Jacksonville in Nov. but they were offered another deal by Pop Warner
Football ***. Instead of the Jacksonville Bowl they were invited to go to
Athens Georgia for the regionals there and if they would win 2 games on
Thanksgiving weekend they would go to the pee wee Super Bowl at Disney
World. That game would be aired on ESPN. Parts of it anyway. Then the
winner of that game is invited to be on the David Letterman. Dave invites
the winner of that game to be on his show every year. It is a lot of steps
to get there. 3 games. But at least the boys have that little dream. Now
we have to see what our city wants them to do. Jacksonville's Jaguar Bowl
is cool too. They told the boys about it and also the fact that they are
in our street festival parade this Sat. and are going to throw candy and
they were more excited about throwing candy. lol

I hope you all have a great day.
Terri

Last edited by points; 10-05-2001 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2001, 08:49 AM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

ha! Terri, I took your "lady on scale"......I just look around in those thread that I don't post. There are a few good ones but I don't remember where.....I'll check 'em out.
Old 10-05-2001, 09:28 AM   #14  

That is a cute one. Here is one that we all want to come true.

Whoops I hit send by mistake. I'll put it on the next one.
Terri
Old 10-05-2001, 09:30 AM   #15  

Here is the one we want to come true.
Closed Thread