Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2000, 06:00 AM   #1  

Hi everyone! Don't forget to check out #30 in case you didn't read everything!
Jen, Essie, Dianne, Myra, and anyone else have a great night!
Terri
Old 12-01-2000, 05:21 PM   #2  

Goodmorning,

I'm so glad today is Friday. This week went by so fast. I had a dream last night that my husband bought me the new Taebo package for Christmas & I was so excited. I'm always dreaming something about diets too. I'm so weird

Terri, can you tell me what motivates you to stay on program? Do you stay at your high range? The reason I'm asking is I read a thread where someone said they were getting bored with the program & that's happened to me a couple of times but I continue cause I don't know what else to do. Since you've been doing so well I was wondering was there ever a time when you felt like giving up?
I work with a woman that lost 50 lbs on Atkins & I watch her when there's sweets in the office she'll take 1 cookie or 1 candy maybe 2 & then walks away. I admire people like that. Then I have a cousin that lost 40 lbs 3 yrs ago & has kept it off with the selections program. She doesn't like the 123 plan yet she's maintained all these yrs. Then there's my husband who exercises everyday no matter what. I would love to have whatever they have that keeps their state of mind so motivated, postitive, I don't know what to call it. How do you get it? I know some people say Just Do It! My husband could pass up any kind of food. Where if someone offers me chocolate or cake, cookies, frozen yogurt it's hard for me to pass it up. I'm not satisfied with just one or 1 cup or a piece.

Sorry for the long post but I want whatever you guys have but I don't know how to get it.
Do you know what I mean? I hope this made sense.

Have a great day everyone

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 12-01-2000).]
Old 12-01-2000, 05:34 PM   #3  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie, you brought up some good points and concerns. Why does it "click" for some people, who go on to lose, reach goal, and stay there? And then there are others, like myself, who struggle for years, losing half-heartedly, with gains in between?

I'll continue to follow 123, but cannot say I've been On Program. Does that make sense? I don't want to give up on this.

Like you, Essie, I also have a hard time passing up any treats or tempting foods I come across. Some days are better than others. This is the hardest time of year also.

Meanwhile, I'll keep coming to this site for support, and encouragement. We have one of the best cheerleaders here in Terri......you always rekindle that fire under my butt!!

Hope everyone's Friday is great.

"I will honor Christmas with my heart, and try to keep it all the year."

Jen

Old 12-01-2000, 11:00 PM   #4  

Essie and Jen,
Here comes the billow (spell?) to rekindle the fire.
I have been back and forth to ww for 15 yrs. I hit lifetime the first time but I just couldn't do it once life got harder.
Something clicked with me this time. I belong to a couple of ww e-groups, with them and you guys it keeps me going. Here are a few things I have noticed are different with me this time:

1. No time limits, they frustrate me. I figure that I look better at losing 30 lbs. by the time I go to Ohio (That was always my goaled time limit). I don't have to be at goal. They can see I'm serious enough.

2. I do not deprive myself. for ex. I have 3 reeses minins a night and the reason I can stop at 3 is because I know I can have 3 more tomorrow. I savor them and they are so good. If I couldn't stop that would force me to not buy anymore and then I would want them to the point of over kill. Make sense?
I never could stop before.

3.Exercise. I want to post that I exercised on my e-groups. I feel proud that I can tell people and actually get praise for it. My husband is wonderful but hey he doesn't cheer for me when I get off the treadmill. That is so motivating to me. I belong to one that is mostly for exercising.

4.The biggest thing is that I finally realize that this is a lifestyle. Not a DIEt. If I have a bad day or two, I can start back op right now. Not on the "Monday" that never comes. I used to have a bad say on Friday and then I'd say "Oh well blew it might as well go crazy and eat everything I love and can never have any other time."
I am not perfect and the law of averages guarantee I will have bad days, but I refuse to let them turn into bad weeks, months and/or years. Not like I used to. 13 yrs. worth. I used to not weigh-in on weeks I know I didn't lose and then I would say no weigh-in, go crazy. Then it would turn into weeks and I'd be too embarrased to go back. Like noone at the meetings ever felt that way or did the things I did. Please!!! Almost everyone did, even the leader. I am not embarrassed anymore about anything. I don't think of the scale anymore. I just do each day no matter what.
Another thing. I used to weigh on Saturday morning yrs. ago and I would go crazy after weigh-in and eat that night and Sunday. I would think I had all week to get it off. Well guess what? I didn't get anywhere. I worked all week to get the weekend gain off. Now, I still weigh on Sat. morn. but I use my banked points to get something I normally don't get. Like Chinese. I always stay within my points. I go to the high end and then I'll switch and go to the low end. They say it restarts the metabolism.

5. Holidays and special days. No, not arbor day. LOL
I am going to enjoy them. Through Christmas (2 weeks away from home- being fed by Italian people) I will maintain or gain no more than 2 lbs. That is my goal. I have not set myself up for disappointment. I used to be so unrealistic. I would spiral out of control. Gain about 10 pounds and feel horrible.

Sorry so long! Support is the key!!!!
Getting back on right away is also the key!!!
Luv ya all! TGIF!!!!
Terri

Old 12-02-2000, 01:03 AM   #5  

Hi ladies:
There's no doubt about it - this is hard! I feel that I did better the first time around than I'm doing now. I guess I was more motivated then. But, like you all, I'm not giving up. I'm also not punishing myself. And you're right, this is the hardest time of the year. I'm not going to deprive myself at christmas time. I will try not to go crazy, but that's the best I can promise myself at this point. I also promise myself that when the holidays are over, I'll pick my(fat)self up and start all over again.

Its great to have you all for support. We all need that at one point or another. But like you say Terri, we need to know that this is not a diet, it is our lifestyle from here on in. WE CAN DO IT!!!

Talk to you all soon.

Dianne
Old 12-02-2000, 05:26 AM   #6  

What a great bunch of new friends I have
Terri, you answered my questions. The main thing is that we don't eat like we useto yrs. ago or throw in the towel.

Believe it or not I like to exercise. I like the way it makes me feel. If you slip a little you know you can burn those calories.

Dianne, it is hard but I know we can do it. Have to get the right mind set. I will do better this Christmas than last Christmas. Last yr. I was in a rut.

Jen, I am so glad I am not alone. Sometimes when I hear about all the successes I start thinking to myself "what's wrong with me?" I know it's hard for all of us, some more than others, but this is the best program there is. We all have it in us to keep on keeping on no matter how hard it gets.

I thank God for all of you. Thanks for all your support

Have a good night.
Love, Essie
Old 12-02-2000, 06:41 AM   #7  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Jen,
I know exactly what you are talking about. I haven't been OP but I am not giving up either. Not that I am making excuses -- or maybe I am -- but there just have been things going on that I can't deal with and be OP. But I try to moderate how bad I've been and hopefully there is an end to the hard times. Hopefully my battle with health problems will be victorious next week. I am going for a D&C for my "female problems". While I will be on hormones for a few months at least the uncertainty about what is going on should be over.

Myra
Old 12-02-2000, 12:32 PM   #8  

Hi all!
I have had my share of problems during the past 14 yrs. I was thinking, "I can't do this anymore." It just clicked so far. I was exactly where you are now. I just got tired, I think. There were so many successes and I wasn't one of them. See, I never gave up on myself. I have 26 lbs. to go and I hope I can keep it up. Only time will tell.
I knew that somewhere inside of me there was a way.
I don't want anyone to think that I am bragging because I am staying op and doing pretty well. I went through so many years without any lasting results. I finally made it. My mind finally understands how to stay motivated. Thanks to you guys and my other groups. We can do it in 2001! Goal in 2001!!!!!

Myra,
Good luck to you! I'm praying for you!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Terri

[This message has been edited by points (edited 12-02-2000).]
Old 12-02-2000, 06:26 PM   #9  

Hello,

Myra, whatever it is I hope & pray it will be over soon. I have a disease that's incurable & if I let myself, it will get the best of me. Once in a while I get all these weird thoughts & that's when I reach out in faith. I know the Lord will help me thru this & I pray the same for you buddy.

Terri, never ever think of yourself as bragging. You are an inspiration to all of us. I am very proud of you. I know it must of been hard. I think in the past we spoke about all the crazy things we tried to lose weight. Right now I've had Meridia sitting in my cabinet!!! I get so tempted to go for it but then what! What happens when I stop? I'll start overeating cause I'll be extra hungry without them. I trust WW. Just have to get my act together.

Jen, Dianne, Pookemoon(?), Satin, have a great weekend

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 12-02-2000).]
Old 12-02-2000, 07:36 PM   #10  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Okay, everyone, at the risk of sounding like a blubbering idiot....I've got tears in my eyes from reading everyone's wonderful posts. Ever since I started HRT after my hysterectomy last January, I tend to get emotional easily.

Terri, your post wasn't bragging, I didn't take it that way. I am proud of you. You will wow them in Ohio!

Myra, good luck with your D&C. Please know that we're here for you.

Essie, you are so right about exercise making us feel good. That alone can help if I feel out of control. Feeling stronger after exercising can do wonders for my mind.

Dianne, it was so good to hear from you. I'm glad that you are not giving up! We can do this.

We are a fabulous group! I'm very happy to have "met" all of you.

Jen
ps...."You'll shoot your eye out!"
Old 12-03-2000, 01:30 AM   #11  

Jen,
That is my fav. quote. I also like "Randy layed there like slug, it was his only defense."
I am so glad also to have met you all too.

Essie,
Are you going to be o.k.?

Luv ya all!
Terri

Old 12-03-2000, 05:57 PM   #12  

Yes hon,
I will be OK. Send me your e-mail & I will explain. I'd rather not post it on the internet.

Getting ready for church guys, be back later
Old 12-04-2000, 07:13 AM   #13  

[email protected]

Hope everyone's weekend was wonderful! Saw Rugrats in Paris. TOO CUTE!!!!
Terri
Old 12-04-2000, 04:01 PM   #14  

Hi guys,

I was a little under the weather yesterday so I didn't get a chance to get on again.

Terri, I will try to e-mail you later. My sister is supposed to stop by when I get out of work so depending on what time she leaves I'll try to get back on.

Just want to tell you I was down 3 lbs. yesterday a.m. This morning I'm up again The same 3 lbs. I'm sure it's because of the chinese food I had for lunch yesterday.

No big deal

Love,
Essie
Old 12-04-2000, 08:25 PM   #15  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Essie,

I'm sooooooo sorry to hear about your problems. I know it is not much, but remember that my loving prayers are with you. If you need to talk feel free to e-mail me privately at [email protected].

Myra
Closed Thread