Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2006, 07:44 PM   #1  

Question Question About Weigh-In Days

I just bought a scale, and I was wondering, what's the most common weigh-in day? I can't decide what day to make it, lol.

Any suggestions would be great!
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #2  
mom2cole

I know you shouldn't do it, but I weigh myself every morning so it keeps me on track as to what I should or should not eat during the day. When the scale goes done I stay more motivated. I get distracted easily so it keeps me focused.
mom2cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #3  
Sweet Success

Default Every one is different

I weigh my self only once a week. I would drive myself crazy if I weigh in every day. I think once a week is enough.

I have chosen Friday as my weigh in day for every week because it keeps me discipline. It reminds me not to go all wild over the weekend.
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I picked Sundays - since it was an easy, restful day to make a routine. I weigh every Sunday morning, after I get up, use the bathroom and strip nekkid.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #5  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I picked Fridays as my "official" weigh-in day for the exact same reasons FeistyRoo did! GMTA I guess

I also weigh daily, just because I want to make sure there are no big ugly surprises at week's end. But the point-to-point recorded weigh-in is Fridays. Hope that makes sense.

I just started this new way of weigh last Friday (before I was doing JUST once a week and it was Mondays), so lets see how it goes! Good luck with whatever you decide on!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:47 AM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I picked Sundays too. I think my main reason for this is the fact that its half way through the weekend and I know whether I can have any treats or not then!

I do weigh myself every morning in my pjs, just to make sure I am keeping track. I must say since I started dieting I have only lost or maintained!
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:43 PM   #7  

I'm a "Friday" girl myself. This gives me the rest off the work week to "recover" from the weekends. Works for me!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #8  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

I weigh in every day and put it into Fitday. But Friday is my official Weigh-In, when I measure and weigh and reflect on the week.

I'm a big fan of weighing every day. It lets me see a trend. So, if Friday rolls around and I'm up a pound, I can look back on the week and see where I started to go off track. Or, on the flip side, I can say I did well all week and this was just a fluctuation from water retention.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:29 PM   #9  

Thanks for the suggestions everyone
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #10  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

There was a poll on this somewhere--darned if I could find it!

Anyway, if I recall correctly, Friday was a very popular day.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:50 PM   #11  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

I weigh in on Mondays, simply because that's the day I started my new lifestyle and that was the day I had my first weigh-in. Having my weigh-in on Mondays also motivates me to push a little harder w/ exercise over the weekend and to be mindful of what I put in my mouth. I don't want to undo all of the hard work from the previous week! My 4th weigh-in is on Monday (end of week #3) and I'm hoping for another good loss (at least 1 lb!). I lost 7 1/2 lbs in the first 2 weeks.
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 04:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I weigh every day. I don't have a problem with it. It relaxes me, puts me on task, and reminds me that I am in control today. The flunctuations don't bother me. I've noticed that SATURDAY tends to be my lowest day. I suspect it is because I sleep more Saturday morning and the rest of the week I am slightly sleep deprived having to get up at 5:30am. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but sleep does affect a lot of things.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 05:23 PM   #13  
Mom to an active 1 yr old

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'8

I weigh every morning but officially on saturdays...I get up at 4:30am during the week, so on saturdays I get a lot more sleep and i am more relaxed.
Alaynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #14  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

There may be some recent scientific evidence to back up your observation about weighing less after sleeping longer. I just heard about some findings saying that when the body doesn't get 8ish hours, it doesn't have enough time to release some chemical which aids in weight regulation.

I'm paraphrasing, of course, but you get the idea. The jist of the info was Sleep more to lose more. Those who sleep 5 - 6 hours don't get that benefit.

Of course, I don't know if one hour's extra sleep once a week would make a difference, at least not a noticable one, but, hey, who knows?

Any excuse to sleep in gets a Yes vote from me!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 02:05 AM   #15  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I used to weigh on Mondays--a new week begins, and all that suff--but recently I've switched to Fridays. Like FeistyRoo and Less of Lena, I think it's a good incentive to prevent myself from pigging out during the week-end, either because I've gained and know I'm on a dangerous ledge, or because I've lost/maintained and think it'd be too bad to "destroy" it now.

Now, I'm also considering weighing everyday, to study fluctuations. I've never done it before, so it could be interesting.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote