General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Pilates Help, please

I know there have been posts before, but I can't find them and I reallyyyy need help getting back on th wagon.... it's miles away and simply a mirage now.

I bought a jogging stroller, so that will help me out with walking... and I have a stationary bike...

But, I have been interested in Pilates for a while.. since I have heard that it REALLY works. I have heard Winsor Pilates is great.. but, I need someone to give me a title/link.. just point me in the direction and I'll buy it! There are so many titles, and I have no idea which is good for beginners, but still effective.

TIA!
Old 02-17-2006, 09:37 PM   #2  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I don't do a lot of Pilates yet and am looking to get more into it. I have never done Winsor Pilates. I do have a good intro level dvd by Denise Austin called Pilates For Every Body. It only requires a resistance band and a chair. I actually did it today for the first time in a long time. I did it right after I had my first DD a couple years ago and I saw almost immediate (w/i 2 weeks) results.

You will probably find a lot of info in the Exercise forums here = http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=177. Take a look around there.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:16 PM   #3  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

^She pointed you in a great direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingAngel
If you enjoy this workout, you might try her Personal Trainer workout, which is similar, but you can adjust it to your fitness level. It does not use the band. I also like her Ultimate Fat Burner (uses a step) and Shrink Your Female Fat Zones (uses a stability ball). She has some Pilates workouts as well; I have one of them and it's pretty challenging! But it's good.
from here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70827

But I just wanted to add that I do Pilates but by Crunch. It's called "pick your spot" Pilates and it's cool. I like it but it's starting to flicker and I guess I scratched it so I am thinking of picking up this other Pilates DVD. I don't think it matters by whom.. just maybe look at your local WalMart?

Oh, and I LOVE Pilates! It's wonderful! I haven't done it since Monday and my abs still have a bit of a burn to them and it is fun to do.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiefalls
^She pointed you in a great direction.

from here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70827

But I just wanted to add that I do Pilates but by Crunch. It's called "pick your spot" Pilates and it's cool. I like it but it's starting to flicker and I guess I scratched it so I am thinking of picking up this other Pilates DVD. I don't think it matters by whom.. just maybe look at your local WalMart?

Oh, and I LOVE Pilates! It's wonderful! I haven't done it since Monday and my abs still have a bit of a burn to them and it is fun to do.
I have the "Pick your spot pilates" and I love it!I like that you can work out all three target areas(abs,butt,thighs)all in one 30 minute workout,or you can pick a certain one to work on.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:39 AM   #5  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Me too! I'm glad there is someone else on here that has it too.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:05 PM   #6  

I have done winsor pilates, and i absolutly love it........the whole dvd series was only $20, it has a beginners, disc....that is very easily done, so much so your thinking is this working..then next day your like oh yeah this worked!!lol...the series comes with 5 discs!
Old 02-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #7  

I normally use the advanced winsor, but I also have a thing about buying every pilates dvd i find and about a week ago i found one called "You can Do Pilates." Its a Leslie Sansone (from walk away the pounds) and it basically contains 2 workouts, one w/ bands, one without; the workouts introduce you really to the fundamentals of pilates. I would probably say that it is perfect for a beginner, i'm planning on purchasing several more copies to give to some of my friends who have been meaning to start.
Closed Thread