Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 06:29 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default humpy grumpy day - daily thread for wednesday

morning chicks,
how you all doing? sorry to have been so quiet for so long. it's been rather busy at work so i've not even had time to lurk much. booh.
but i'm back for a natter today. what have i missed?
ooh, as of next week i'm off on my holidays (time for that cruise i won!). i could bore you with how incompetent the ticket agency has been in getting my tickets out to me but i'm trying to be all calm and non stressed. i have them now and that's what counts!
and this weekend i'm going up to scotland to see my sister who is now 4 days overdue in giving birth! hopefully i'll time it so my niece/nephew arrives while i'm there!
what else can i tell you? i don't start my brolly dolly (weather girl) training till january. but because i seem to be surrounded by incompetent people i had to reject 2 versions of my contract till i ended up with one that has the right salary and location details!!
but the big news is that i have been doing yoga and it's fab. i'd really recommend it. you don't feel like you're doing much exercise but it really tones you up and improves your posture, balance, suppleness and general well being. i even did a headstand for the first time in years on sunday (it wasn't very good!). i reckon it's made a difference to my typically british pear shape figure (check out the measurements thread).
i've just skimmed through the posts. happy belated birthday ali! happy birthday to come stacey! oh, and happy belated birthday to kt as well. kierie - how's life in dooblin?
hi to lolly, belle, shalyne, stacey, jen, trish, lori, kim, sarah, jkarr, tonya, rina, mio and india blue (another uk chick - hooray!). come out and chat! and that includes everyone i've missed (memory like a sieve)!
hope you all have a good hump day,
kirsty
ps brenda - miss you lots - any sign of you coming back?
Old 10-03-2001, 08:58 AM   #2  
Parrothead

Default Hello Again!

Sorry I've been absent lately. I am still looking for a job and not having a lot of luck. I'm just trying to enjoy the time off and hoping the economy turns up a bit. My house is super clean, my car is super clean (do I get activity points for cleaning?), and I have been cooking up a storm. Last night I made the Cheesecake Factory recipe for key lime cheesecake. I had a slice last night and sent the rest to work with DH. I used light cream cheese, but it still had about 10 points a slice(ouch). Luckily I had a lowfat stew for dinner, I skipped breakfast and had a 4 point lunch. I have WI today for the first time in a while. Hopefully I didn't gain too much, but with TOM approaching I don't have a good feeling. I am getting back on track and buying the 12 week journal.

I don't remember who was talking about Michael's yesterday (Shaylene?), but I have the same problem! I took a cool pic to get framed during the special last week and I saw a ton of stuff I wanted. I figure once I get a job I'll go shopping. I can't wait to see the pic framed. It's a print that I got my DH about 4 years ago when we were still in school.

Stacey~ They are opening a Kohl's here also! I've never been to one, but it looks like a great store. I might have to treat myself.

I can't believe that 2001 is almost over either! My Anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. WOW married a year! It has flown by and has been really fun. Unfortunately DH and I didn't make any plans yet and all the hotels we wanted to go to are booked. We're probably just going to go to the Aggie football game and then dress up for a nice dinner the next day. I think I'll go buy a new sexy outfit!

Well, I have rambled enough! Have a great day everyone!
Kay
Old 10-03-2001, 09:00 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Kirsty, everyone!

Not much to report. At home working. Must stop playing on internet

Still thinking of Christmas Challenge goals ...

Will pop back later ...

Lxxx
Old 10-03-2001, 09:31 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

hey lolly - don't work, come and play!! (evil kirsty!).
hello kay! sorry to hear you are still job hunting. mmm cheesecake.... hope you guys do something nice for your first anniversary.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:00 AM   #5  

Good morning ladies!

Kirsty ~ We missed you, I was hoping you didn't ditch us!! Glad your contract is up to snuff. I think you will have an awesome time as a weather girl.

Lolly ~ Kirsty is right, who needs to work, I could talk with you guys all day!! (Of course, I would get fired, then I wouldn't be able to chat! )

Kay ~ Sorry to hear about the job hunt, the market isn't very good right now, so use the time to be productive, and I am sure shortly you will find a great job, hopefully you won't be too spoiled not working, I know I would!!!!! Too bad we all can't be independently wealthy!!

Well, I posted my x-mas goal on the thread, and I am going to stick to it, I promise!!! I have at least 10 pounds to lose to get to my all time low, but I would be happy getting to the high end of my personal goal. I need to get a hold of my portions and consistently work out. I am like Belle, (which she said in her goals thread) I am really good at working out one week, then the next never get around to it. I think that if I could make it three weeks working out consistently, then I have a really good chance of making it part of my daily living.

I have several x-mas parties in December and that also gives me incentive to lose the extra pounds I have gained.

The other day I saw a woman I work with that had lost lots of weight, and now is has gained a lot of it back, and I thought to myself "Wow, she really let herself go, she looked so good before". Then, I realized the same goes for me now, I am sure that people have thought the same about me, I have gained about 15 pounds back from my lowest, and I know I really looked good before, now my clothes are tight, and I know it is noticable. I am just not happy with myself...I am going to, in my mind, start over with Weight Watchers, I think that is what I need now, I used to be so diligent with my counting, what I ate, and exercise...what happened??

Anyway, sorry to write a book, just needing some support, and someone to kick me in the b*tt!!

Well, better get back to work. I big "HI" to everyone lurking and about to post...I will check back in a bit....

Have a great OP day!
Old 10-03-2001, 10:39 AM   #6  

Speaking of anniversaries, mine is October 5th (this Friday!!)

Doubt I will get anything, DH is probably working late.

Oh well, the honeymoon is over.....
Old 10-03-2001, 10:43 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

Default the buttkicker is here!

tonya and anyone else needing a kick up the bahookie (as it is called in scotland) : GET BACK ON TRACK! you know you can do it! have a fab anniversary and when i get back from my cruise (22nd october) i want to see some results!
don't try and be extra good, it's much harder to stick to. just be reasonably good and you'll get there in the end. i reckon you are right about eating out. no more than once a week should help, just don't go crazy when you do.
i'm being so virtuous here. it's a coworker's birthday and she has brought in a lemon drizzle cake, an extremely gooey-looking chocolate cake and a strawberry cheesecake. i am avoiding going anywhere near them. if i have to be in a string bikini next week my willpower is remarkably strong!
Old 10-03-2001, 11:01 AM   #8  
Bono Fanatic!

Good morning girls.

For those of you having trouble exercising on a regular basis, let me tell you what my doctor just told me. I told him that I work out 2-3 times a week, but would like to do more. He said that only 35% of women my age work out that often. So if you are having trouble being consistent, tell yourself that it is okay if you only work out twice a week. Two times doesn't seem as difficult to fit into a busy schedule. It is so much better to do something every week, than a lot every once in a while. Chances are if you can get yourself to do it twice a week, you will end up doing it more often. Just an idea....

Kirsty - I am so jealous of your cruise! Have a great time!! Thanks for the kick up the bahookie - I need it also!!

Tonya - Every time I read one of your posts, it's as if I wrote it myself... we both seem to struggle to get back to where we were when we reached lifetime. It is so frustrating, and has made me realize that this truly is a something I'll have to work at forever. We're in this together...

Kay - Now I have a taste for cheesecake! Good job on getting it out of the house as quickly as possible...

Lolly - Don't work so hard. It is fun to waste time!

That's it for me. Another beautiful day here (mid 70's) and I don't want to work. But of course the high for Saturday is 48. Oh well - I'll be inside taking the LSAT so I guess it really doesn't matter... I have plans to go out with a friend for lunch and a different friend for dinner. Too much eating out for one day. This certainly won't help me reach my X-mas goals...

Jen
180/158/150
Old 10-03-2001, 11:05 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

Default amelie

just thought i'd recommend a french film called Amelie (or amelie of montmartre). it is fantastic, best film i've seen in ages. don't worry - it's not an arty, slow dialogue, prententious kind of foreign film. it is an amusing, wee bit soppy, clever and extremely enjoyable film. go see! won't say any more cos wouldn't want to spoil any plot. but i saw it a week ago (special preview) and it was great. the audience even clapped at the end!
i don't think it will be out in the states until november, but it's released in the uk this friday.
jen - you are so near to goal, you can do it!
Old 10-03-2001, 11:06 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

WOW Kirsty, a string bikini???

Well, I am still on track and journaling. I decided to go to WI again this weekend, even tho I am an every other week weigher. I need this to stay on track. The 12 week journal book is great cuz I have it in my purse and it isn't a flimsy piece of paper!

Tonya, I know how you feel with gaining. When I gained my weight back during PG, I felt aweful and couldn't believe how much work I needed to do to get it off again. But I am working on it (slowly but surely!) You can do it if you put your mind to it!

Kay, lots of people here looking for jobs in the tech field. We have an opening for a programmer, but won't start interveiwing for a couple weeks (maybe even a month, depending on what we get for a response).

Oh and as for Brenda, she can't access the internet during the day (at work) and is super busy with her PartyLite Candles, so I don't know if she goes on much at night. We e-mail frequently and she is hanging in there. She just moved to her new house.

Back to work. I have a lunch meeting... meaning high points. But I am doing much better at balancing. Although I did get munchy last night, but had points to spare!!
Old 10-03-2001, 11:07 AM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

Default hee hee

me again. i just viewed the biog thread so i could get the number of views to 1000!

jen - yup a string bikini. for some reason it is the only style that actually flatters my hips. other bikini bottoms just dig in and make me bulge out in places i never knew i bulged. tie-sides seem to look better. ooh, and on trish's and lolly's advice i'm going to get a fake tan on monday afternoon. a proper salon st tropez one! just call me posh spice.

kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 10-03-2001 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-03-2001, 11:50 AM   #12  

JKarr ~ We will work at this together, keep each other in line. Glad to know someone else feels exactly how I do. You can do it, we both can!

Kirsty ~ Wow, you high-class chick, enjoy your tan, it will be very relaxing!

Jen ~ Be conscious when eating out for lunch today, eating out gets me every time, I know I should get the grilled chicken, but then I order the double cheeseburger, what is up with that?? Anyway, glad to see you weighed in, that will help you stay on track.

Well, back to my projects....
Old 10-03-2001, 12:13 PM   #13  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

The hard part of my lunch meetings is that I don't get to order and I don't get to know what is being served till I get there. When it is at this one place, it is usually light. But this month it is at the country club and last time I was there it was a greasy piece of chicken (pan fried I think). So we'll see. It is a group of women, so sometimes the meal can cater to that. I only have had 4 points today, so I think I am OK! And I only drink water.
Old 10-03-2001, 12:28 PM   #14  

Default Hi again

I am here again. Sorry thatmy posting has been so sporatice lately. I am still at the client that hired someone to replace me. I don't do much but am here if she needs me.

In gerenal, things are going very well. I have been eating more than I should but am mostly making good choices. My dad was here and I didn't do as porrly as usual. I am still going to the gym although I am not as motivated about it as I had been. I don't exactly know what changed for me. I wasn't able to go Monday night and reallt didn't have the time to go yesterday but I still squeezed in 20 minutes on the elliptical. It was better than nothing so I was glad I did it. I am going again tonight and tomorrow.

I am going to the beach this weekend with a girlfriend from college, it will be just us. I am really looking forward to it. It should be relaxing. We will eat yummy (mostly good for you) food and probably take some walks and maybe watch a movie.

Happy bday and belated bday to those I missed!

Kirsty - Glad you finally got your contract straightened out. Enjoy your cruise!!!

JKarr & Tonya - You are both on the right track to make your goals. you can do it as long as you keep it reasonable. Way to go!!! (Happy Anniversary Tonya!)

Jen - I have trouble eating out as well. I say that but am going out to eat tomorrow night with a friend and am sure we will also eat out this weekend at the beach. LOL

Kay - Sorry to hear that job hunt is slow-going. I am jealous that you are home though. The cheesecake sounds delicious, you are strong to send it to work w/ DH! I am sure you will find something nice to do for your anniversary.

Lolly - Too much work and not enough play, make people grumpy! Come play!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

SArah
Old 10-03-2001, 12:57 PM   #15  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! ok, I am DONE for the day - redrafted a chapter and drew up a scheme to redraft the next one. Basically lots of cutting and pasting and cutting and cutting (I always write too much ). Anyhoo, now I am Domestic Goddess, because Blokey has an Open Evening at his school tonight so won't be back till late. Soooooooooooooo, I have baked a loaf of bread (yeah, alright, from a packet, but I mixed it up myself!) and am in the middle of making a yummy ragout. Lots of veggies, not much meat. Should work out about 6 points/portion (generous portion!). YUM YUM (creepy gremlin voice )

Jen - good luck with the lunch meeting. I hate those things where you can't choose, but there's always little choices you can make (though I have NEVER voluntarily managed to take the skin off a piece of pan-fried chicken ). Yay! on recommitting ... I like the idea of a 12-week journal. I wish we had those. Maybe I will have to make one. Does it have any special features?

Tonya - you can do it!

Jen K - enjoy lunch! And that's good news about the working out. I read that walking 3 times a week, EVERY week can be as beneficial as intermittent working out or even mittent (?) working out. I guess it's all relative.

Sarah - welcome back! Wow, the beach, lucky you. Have fun!

KT - cool to see your measurements: looks like we started out around the same, doesn't it feel ace to be shrinking so much

Kirsty - I have nothing to say. I'M SO JEALOUS!!! Where exactly is your cruise taking you? And you HAVE to get a piccie of the tan ... I can't imagine you with a tan!!!

Ok, bye guys - gotta go and set up the video for Star Trek, to make my boy happy when he gets home ...

hugs,
Lxxx
Closed Thread