Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 06:11 PM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default here's our core-vine for board 39

wow! talk about cheesy. i don't know if i can look at that title for a week or longer. if anyone has suggestions, i'll change it.

now for new pages. enjoy!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

You can't change it but I can. I think it's fine though! Sort of like Di-vine but for Core people!

Judd just called and said he's not going to work out tonight, but wants to go to dinner. There's something called Ton's Mongolian Grill here. Does anyone else have them or is it local? Anyway, you choose everything yourself and they make it for you. Meat, vegetables, sauces ... everything. Seems like something that could end up relatively harmless with the right choices.

Gotta go -- BBL!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, check out that awesome Texas flag!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

we have a mongolian grill here that sounds about the same. we haven't been but some ww friends of mine have.

kathy, i'm keeping everything crossed for shaun to be successful. i have a good feeling about this. i'll see you this spring!!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

i miss seeing that flag flying. i know kathy and i are the only native texans here, but i just had to fly one. have ya'll noticed my temp keeps dropping? just wait till fri night! it's supposed to be really, really low.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Hi Guys (Gals)

I really miss the chit chat, and it's so hard to keep up with all of you. As Frouf was saying, the freezing rain is coming down now. The roads will get pretty messy I'm sure.

Being in bed has forced me to be quite the Olympic fan. I've always enjoyed certain events, but now I think I could be a commentator. The Canadians had a great day today, expecially the bronze in men's skating.

Frouf, I have to get the name of your teddy bear. Soon, Natan will be ready for a toy like that. BTW, we go to West End Station frequently.

Kathy, does your dad have a lap top dvd player? I know what it's like to be shut up for a long period, and it sucks! I just bet that Shaun will pass. You might want to open a B&B with all your spare rooms. We also have a Mongolian Grill, but never been yet.

Melissa, you're a busy girl. You have a big heart finding time for good deads.

Sandra, you and Curtis are so lucky to have archery. It's together and active, wow, what a combination.

Coco, I hope the tests go well. Hang in there.

Vickie, it souds like the worst is over, YES! Now, you just have to get rid of the cold and you'll be jumping up and down for joy.

My foot is really black and blue, but I can hobble a bit. I hope we can go out for dinner tomorrow night, it would feel so good. Bernie was able to get Sunday off, so we might try to get to a movie if I can manage it.

I'll try to get back in here later, but it's time to go to my sanctuary for now,
Old 02-16-2006, 07:33 PM   #7  

WHAT A DAY!!
Well I didnt get to try my recipe. Hubby was having a really good day today. So he went out to help son. Well something messed up. So hubby was trying to fix it. He ended up running the drill bit into his finger a little bit. Had trouble gettting the bleeding stopped. So called his DR. to see if he should get a tetnus shot. Said yes. But you have to take him to the ER. So did that. Got the shot. So they decided to x-ray his finger. To make sure it didnt got to the bone. It didnt. But there is a piece of something in there. So they just washed it out. And put him on a antibiotics for 10 days. And then in 5 to 10 days I have to take him to a orthopedic Dr. Not sure on spelling for that.
Havent been home to long. So kinda late to make the recipe. So will try it tomorrow. Oh I got into my spice cupboard. And got clear into the back of it. I found the cumin. But I have had it for awhile. But it isnt open. I guess it will be alright to use it.
Well I am going to get off here. Just checking in. Hope everyone has had a great day.
coco
Old 02-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

saundra, bless your heart. i'm so sorry you're foot is causing you so much pain. i'm like you and would like to know the name of that teddy bear, too. our youngest grand would love it. keep enjoying those olympics. i watched hockey today. i don't know much about it but i'm learning.

coco, you've had a long day. i hope dh is feeling all right. he's had a lot of problems lately, hasn't he? give him a hug for me.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:06 PM   #9  

Hi Sandra, I'm a big hockey fan from way back. Lived in Windsor, so went to Detroit games. Being the middle of three giirls, Daddy to me to the sporting events.

Coco, you've had your share. Hope all goes well. The cumin should be fine. I keep my spices forever, I figure they get better with age. Hey, we're still around.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:14 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

saundra, i was the older child. i have a younger brother. our father used to take me to basketball games. when my ds was about 12, there was a hockey team in ft worth, tx. (the ft worth texans). my mother used to take him to games all the time. he had quite a stash of hockey pucks and broken sticks.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:15 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

our temps are still falling. the weather guesser is saying -14* tonight.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:40 PM   #12  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well I understand poor little ds came running upstairs when he got home to check on the now FAMOUS talking bear (his name is Smarty by the way) and he said the same thing he said this morning - I hear ds was kinda upset (well I left for work before he left for school so not much opportunity to chat up the bear).

I have since found Smarty - and changed his message and I know ds will be surprised come bedtime. By the way this is just a toy bear from Avon! I think it is actualy a xmas bear? Smallish brown bear (10 inches?) with a red hat on his head - if you have an Avon lady near by I'm sure she will know what you're talking about - I believe it was on sale a few months ago - so I got it and put it away!

Saundra - I sure hope you can hobble out to dinner tomorrow and I am positive you will be much better by Sunday for the movies!

...and yes the freezing rain is now pelting down - I can hear it next to me at the bedroom window - kinda freaky sounding...and I am soon off to pick up dd from dancing which I am not looking forward too. Dh was of course supposed to drive her - when I get home she is still home - there is a fight going on and he has refused to drive her - I end up taking her - she is quite ornery at best - and of course wants to know why her girlfriends who are "bad" get Ipods from their parents and she doesn't get anything?( her gf who recently ran away, sleeps around, had an HiV test just got an ipod from her parents!). Maybe she should be bad so she should get more stuff? Yes this is the kind of nonsense I have to deal with!

Got home famished - of course no one would think to prepare dinner - ended up making myself a huge salald - problem was all the toast I had with it!

Coco - your poor dh! hope his finger heals okay - I bet you are glad you had it really examined and x-rayed!!

Kathy - so how much per night at your B&B? (and is the beer included? ha ha ha). Sending good vibes for Shaun to pass any and all requirements!

Well off I go into the freezing rain (in my grey bunny printed jammie bottoms and grey hooded harvard sweatshirt - hope I don't get stopped by anyone!).

Hope everyone has a warm and cozy night! I am dreading the morning as the roads will be pretty treacherous (and guess which 14 yr old child will have an ice freakout in the morning?).....and I have a very important meeting at 9:30 am!

Later,

Frouf

P.S. and little ds has been on my computer and I don't know what he clicked on, but I now have popups all over the place, my home page has been changed and everything is just acting plain weird - anyone have any good popup blockers? I think I had a special one on my tool bar - that is now gone too of course!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 09:25 PM   #13  

Oh Frouf, did you do stand up in your youth? You really make me laugh. Maybe three boys and no girls wasn't so bad.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:36 PM   #14  
Melissa

Hey friends! I am so exhausted and heading to bed but stopping by to say good-night to all my long-distance buddies!

Kathy, and prayers for Shaun. I hope that all goes well. How was the mongolian? I think I heard about a restaurant like that around here, it sounded great. And I didn't leave work early! I think you saw the time difference. Too bad you all aren't coming to Lexington this weekend! Oh, and I just found out about John Michael too. So crazy the things we get publicity for.

Sandra, my mom has been riding in a drill team the past few years, and sometimes they go to competitions in the state. It's really amazing how they can make the horses maneuver in formations. Stay bundled up tonight!

Saundra, bless your heart! I'm sure you will be ready to go out by Saturday night.

Frouf, I hope that you are back out of the nasty weather by now. I can't imagine having as much snow and ice as you guys do.

Good night!!

Last edited by septembersgoal; 02-17-2006 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #15  

Morning chickies,
I was actually excited to get on the scale this morning,,,,I knew I was down
(-2.5) so I made my valentines day goal. On to the next challenge...
Went to volleyball last night and tonight we are invited to friends for supper. We're going to be cooking on a raclette. Ive never cooked on one before but it sounds like fun. I think I can make it low points too...sounds like we cook alot of veggies and meat on it...mm Apparantly they melt cheese on it too but I will tend to stay away from that part......
Not much else going on around here. Im back walking again, not too far right now but its a start.
Frouf Im loving the teddy stories...
Off to work here...
ttyl chickies
Closed Thread