Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-14-2006, 10:32 PM   #1  
Cat person

S/C/G: 190/187.8/155

Default Hello from the blue crab state

I think I stumbled onto this site backwards, finding the journal section first and THEN finding the forum! To keep a long story long, about this time last year I learned that I do better with weight loss when I have a concrete goal such as being in a wedding party. That worked last year when the bridesmaid dress for a June wedding helped me lose about 25 pounds going from 195 to about 170.

I did the gym thing regularly, found a great site online for support and successfully avoided being the "fat bridesmaid" of the bunch. But, as usual, after the wedding I took a swandive off the wagon. I stopped going to the gym, ate without question and the person running the support site closed their proverbial doors.

But now I have a new concrete goal and have found what looks to be a promising new online support group! We're making plans for a Disney vacation in November - complete with their Disney cruise, which means no avoiding the swimsuit this year. In searching Disney boards, I've noticed lots of forum posts discussing weight issues refering one another as Pooh sized, hence the signature!

Stat-wise, I'm 5'7", 188 and 34 years. I'd welcome an interested buddy with a similar plight, but I'm just as content being accountable to the journal and around here! Great to find this little niche on the Net!
Intrinsicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

AHAHA, Pooh-sized! I love it! I know what you mean too, it's a lot easier to stay on track when you have something concrete to stay on track for. I think the prospect of bathing suits and having to stampede around theme parks for days at a time is some pretty good motivation, and I wish you
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #3  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Motivation works wonders when I consider trying to walk around a beach in my swimsuit. I've got a 10 yr anniversary trip to HAWAII in November. I do not want to be the beached whale on that trip. I started hard core Jan. 1. So far I'm doing good with sticking with it. I wish you luck on getting cruise ready.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #4  
Aleecia

Default Good Point!

You make a really good point. Thinking about walking on the beach in Hawaii would be motivation for me too. Someone also made a suggestion to me about putting a picture of yourself in a bathing suit on the refrigrator to help motivate yourself. If only I had a picture of that. I don't think one exists.
At this point I am willing to try anything.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #5  
Cat person

S/C/G: 190/187.8/155

Thanks guys. Actually, one thing I put together when I first started this for that bridesmaid dress a year ago was a little picture flip book (97 cents at Michael's) of the most unflattering photos of myself... and keep it on hand whenever I get bad cravings! I also take a photo in the same swimsuit with my digital camera (in the privacy of my home!) at every 10 pound marker and keep a running powerpoint file of the progression - it's great incentive to hit the next marker!
Intrinsicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #6  
Aleecia

That is a great idea. I do a lot of scrapbooking and I think I have an extra photo albulm. I think I will put an albulm together to carry around in my purse. I also have a picture of myself at 150# which is my goal. I have carried it around in my wallet for the past 5 years or so. Every now and then I take the picture out to remember how good I felt at that weight.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #7  
Cynical RedHead

Hi, Intrisicat!

I'm from Montgomery County, Maryland and am 36. I'm 5'4 and 137 pounds. When I started this forum last September, I was at 150. My goal was to lose weight before the cruise we took this January. It's amazing how having to be in a swimsuit gets one inspired to lose weight! I am still struggling to meet my goal, but this forum is very friendly and helpful.

Nice meeting you.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote