Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2006, 04:24 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Losing for April Fools! Wk 8, Feb 13,2006

WELCOME!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 41 days (7 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.” Anonymous

Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:04 PM   #2  
bigmamatita

I'm happy to report that I lost 3.4 lbs this week!!! It gives me more motivation to continue and makes me feel like I am making progress. I love this thread it makes me feel like I have accountability. And I definitely need that. Well I also decided to start the Body for Life program today. Wish me luck, 12wks to go!
bigmamatita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #3  

Default I am new here. LOVE to participate in your challenge

This works great for me. this is what I was looking for. My birthday is April 7th and my gift to myself going to be a healthy and lean body. I am doing WW. I could use a lot of support. thanks
whenismyturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #4  
bigmamatita

I just posted my before and after pictures in the photo gallery. Take a look! Is it just me or do my arms look like I'm getting some muscle? Either way I like the results.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:13 PM   #5  

still 148.

VERY HAPPY I did not gain this week with 2 birthdays this week. Ready to get back to business now
racegirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:56 PM   #6  

It has been 3 weeks but I lost another 2 lbs. At least I am going in the right direction.
I don't know if I am going to make my goal by April 1st tho. I guess any weight loss is good.
chrmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #7  
dgpebbles

Great job everyone...well I was down 1.2lbs for the week..I think I'm gaining muscle though...

Bibmamatita - were do we find your pictures?
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:31 PM   #8  
bigmamatita

dgpebbles - To see my pics go to the member gallery and choose "ladies and gents who lift". You'll see my pics there.

I just finished my upper body workout and I am exhausted. I'm already feeling sore, this BFL workout is kicking my butt!
Old 02-14-2006, 12:02 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Still holding fast on 171 but have got myself back on track so hoping for a good loss next week
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:59 AM   #10  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Thumbs up

I am down to my last 10lbs, it's getting harder and harder. Hopefully I will be able to hold on and get ride of them!
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:45 AM   #11  

Down 3.8lbs this week!!! 9 more lbs to go for April Fools Challenge!!

Last edited by destiny's mom; 02-14-2006 at 09:37 AM.
destiny's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:17 AM   #12  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

The big thing I had going on at work is done!!!!! I will be able to get back to walking and getting the rest of the weight off I am going to be working harder at makeing it to my goal...... So look out ladies here I come!!! lol

I hope all are well and you all are doing a great job...Keep moveing!!! Stay on track!!!!! You own this!!! Its yours!!!!!!!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:54 AM   #13  
Losing for Life!

Hi guys,

Sorry I have not posted the weights this week, I am afraid that there are not many of us on the challenge any more. I will do the weight every couple of weeks now. So look for the new weights to be posted next Monday.

I have my WI later today so I will be back to let you know how it went.

bigmamatita: You are just going great! it is so good to see your success!

whenismyturn: Welcome! If it is support you are looking for this is the place to get it! Make sure you post often and let us know a little more about you!

racegirl78: Good job! Maintaining through those tempting times is a good thing! Glad you are back on track and ready to fight the fight!

chrmiller: Good for you! 10 pounds is a great loss for this challenge and if you lose more toward your goal that is great too. Don't put more pressure on yourself than you can handle. If you need to readjust your goal it is not a bad thing. Sometimes we set our goal a bit too high because we want to get this done. You are doing great and should be proud!

Donna: Good for you! Slow and steady wins the race!

Miaka: You have been doing great! What is it you are finding hard at this point? Is there something that is difficult that we can help with? Let us know, that is why we are here!

destiny's mom: Excellent! You are moving right along. What is working for you?

Leigh: Great that you will be able to focus more on yourself now that your big project is winding down! Too bad our lives get in the way of taking care of ourselves!

Well everyone now that we have been doing this challenge for about 2 months now what would you say is the most important thing in your fight against the fat?

Do you need fresh motivation every day? Do you need to journal? What is one thing that keeps you focused and on track?

For me having a challenge like this has been of major importance it really helps keep my aware of what I am striving for. I feel that I need to stay on track at all times so that I can be a good role model for the rest of you and I like that! I need to have the accountability. I also get a lot of support at 3FC on the chat board there and that is like going to a meeting every day, sometimes several times a day!

My family has noticed that I have been putting myself first over the last few months and they are quite supportive and that has really made a difference this time. Every other time I have been on WW I have tried to put their needs first, by cooking for them and then myself seperately if I needed to. Now I am doing it all for me and they have to put me first and adjust to that. I guess it takes getting older sometimes before you realize that you need to be the first in line if you want to have the energy and interest in taking care of anyone else.

Have a great day and stay strong!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #14  
Working on Hot!

Well I have a journal.... I must say that I have not been in to putting much into it as of late. I will get back to that now that things have slowed down. I know that its a big part of what helps me as well as comeing here. I dont get that much help as home so I have to do most of this on my own. I have to be true to myself and stay with it for me. I know one day I will make it. To show myself that I can make it and keep off the weight.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:31 AM   #15  
Working on Hot!

One more thing....I am looking for ways to get back into the swing of things again. I am tired of feeling so bad about myself for not doing the things I know I need to do. I have got to get back to where I was before.

Todo List
1. Drink more water
2. Start getting putting things in my journal
3. Dont let small drama in my life mess me up
4. Eat the way I know I can
5. Walk,move, workout, etc....

So what would your list look like?