South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 04:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Monday and Surf's Up Dude!

Morning all,

Just getting ready to jump on the treadmill before starting another week. I have been back OP for the most part for four days again and I feel good. Why can't I remember how good it feels to be eating healthy when I break down and have a junk food binge. Perhaps I should have it tattooed on my arm for a reminder - LOL

Well, it was a good weekend but never long enough. Nothing very exciting on the fore front this week except to look forward to a long weekend coming up.

Welcome to the newcomers, I'm sure you'll find this a nice cove for a swim. Pull up a square of sand and drop your towel. Welcome to the beach.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:08 AM   #2  
gotta lose it!

Morning.....I'm still half asleep. I hate Monday mornings! Boss decided we had to have a meeting this morning, then I go back to work at 4, then I close the rest of the week - grrrr! Hopefully this week I can get some actual work done & not have to sit in on interviews like this past week. Those were pretty bad & I ate my way through it so I'm up 2 pounds (grrrr again!)
Well I'm off to start the coffee & dig my car out...chat with you later.
Freaky - way to go with the exercise!
Old 02-13-2006, 06:18 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning, Freaky and Soon.

Sometimes I'm so stupid I should be shot. My eczema is bothering me a lot so I grabbed an antihistamine at bedtime. Unfortunately it was the wrong kind, the non-drowsy, and I was wide awake all night! So silly.

This morning friend Rob and I need to take Harry to a dermatologist up in Perth. I assumed the home would look after things like that but my assumption was wrong. It will be quite a big deal which is why Rob is coming along. My knee feels better but I sure couldn't hold up H. if he decides not to use a walker. Wish me luck. :luck:

This afternoon I will miss part of my art class, alas! I worked for a few hours yesterday afternoon to get my 4 x 6 self-portrait painted. It even looks a bit like me - I copied my profile picture. It's amazing how fast things can be done when you have to work under pressure. It doesn't work for losing weight though!

All you snow bound chickies, stay safe and warm. The rest of us are NOT envious!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:56 AM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Look, I'm here early again! Morning Freaky , Soon , and Ruthie . I'm actually half-way awake today! Don't have any time to post much, but have finally lost the weight I put on from the Super Bowl, so I'm hoping I'm back on track and can dump some more weight by the end of this month. Stepping it up with the work outs this week so maybe that'll help too.

I hate Mondays but at least they fly by for me. Hope you all have a great day! Post more later!

Lisa
Old 02-13-2006, 08:22 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! We are getting negative except for perky Freaky. I've just decided I'm going to try for perky today too. I just cranked my bra straps up two inches!

If it makes the USA East Coasters feel any better, it just started to snow here!

Outta here shortly. Smile so people can wonder what you're up to!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:25 AM   #6  

Hello group!
Its a MONDAY. My cat has been sick all weekend, and the vet says the only appt is 10 am...means I need to cancel a major meeting at work to take him. I am the presenter so I will only inconvenience 12 or so people!! Maybe I better say its one of the kids. Sick cat? Not sure it will fly...but he is bleeding from his bottom and has been since Saturday. Plus has no control over any of his functions...I am booking carpet cleaners next. Hope the little guy can be treated.

And to top it off, my little excursion off the beach Friday night resulted in a 3 pound gain. I can hardly believe it. I took a 1 hour spinning class yesterday to undo damage...and I still find even the slightest variance from plan derails me in a really BIG way.

I need advice on what to eat today to cleanse and re-set by body to lose.
Throw me a life ring....surfs pulling me out!
Meg
Old 02-13-2006, 08:25 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just a quick post, the storm is over and left us with 12" now it time to dig out and get to the store for the stables like milk & bread.

Willpost went I get back. Hugs BB
Old 02-13-2006, 08:42 AM   #8  

Talking Hi ALL

GOOD MORNING!
I was up alot last night 2, all 3 boys woke up at least once- grrr. Then instead of going abck to bed I went to exercise and the tv would not switch so I could use my DVD. DH said he would fix it today so i can work out tonight. Pray all that I have enough energy and time to work out tonight. I want to keep going. I want to loose 8 lbs by March 2nd. I see my cardiologist that day and I want to surprise him with a 20lb loss. Gotta run Have a great day.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #9  

This is the link to Flylady’s body clutter stuff.

I just printed off the Pledge and the Body Clutter Investigator

Well worth looking at.

http://www.flylady.com/ near the bottom of the page
Old 02-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/203/150

Morning all snow bound beachers (and everyone else )!

This weekend was pretty good. Got slightly derailed at a family party where my aunt's famously addictive potato salad made an apperance. I did indulge, but just tried to keep it to small portion. Fortunately the scale didn't hate me too much the next morning.

Another week is here and I'm committed to losing 3 lbs this week so I can reach my next treat goal (haircut and dye job that I need desperately) before my hubby's birthday on Friday. I'd like to surprise him with a hot date!

Ok...off to make my shopping list and get the boys packed up for the gym. All you east coasters...you got a good workout in shoveling

Take care of yourselves everyone....do/say/think of something nice to say about yourself today.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:27 AM   #11  

Height: 5'2"

Holly--thanks for the flylady. Looks like a great site.

All dug out here. Only about 12 inches. Much better than the up to 24 that was preditcted. Regular school for the kiddies today, but 2 hour dealy for work. Why, because the roads are totally fine, but my day will just have to be reroutined. (I work at home and just go in to pick up my stuff, so this throws off my whole work routine. Such is life.) Been struggling with eating pretzles and hersheys kisses at nite. Today is a new day and this is definately not in my plans. Hope everyone, including myself , has a very beachy day.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:29 AM   #12  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Wakey, wakey, eggs & canadian bakey!
With bra straps officially adjusted I will begin my Monday, as well.
I'm down another 4 lbs. girls!!! This diet is amazing. I really think I can make it to my goal in July!!
My taxes are complete, too. I'm getting back the most ever. That's probably because I've never worked so much before either.
DH and I bought a fishtank and some fish this weekend. None of 'em are floating on the top yet so - so far so good! The cat loves 'em. Also, this weekend we decided that we're going to adopt another cat. I'm filling out an application today & when a cat becomes available with the traits we desire, they'll let us know!
Two of my co-workers called in sick today. I really don't think that either of them are really sick. They've been slacking off ever since our boss resigned & I've been working my tail off!
Okay, I am done *****ing.
I'm just gonna close my eyes for a moment and take a moment to enjoy the beach!
Later!
Old 02-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #13  

Well, I hope the scale wasn't lying this morning, because for my "official" weigh-in, it said I was down six pounds since last week. Woo hoo!

I might, however, have been having minor hallucinations over the weekend (i.e., marveling at how much the snow-mixed-with-dirt I was shoveling looked like cookies 'n' cream ice cream), but apart from accepting part of a Frosty Lemon cookie my 16-month-old niece generously shared with me, I stayed remarkably OP.

I found a great WW wrap, made by Joseph's. They have oat bran, very few carbs and are really low in fat, unlike some WW wraps I've seen. I also had a really hard time choosing a bread to add back into the diet (finally, I chose Freihoffers' double fiber bread). However, the wraps are so good I don't think I'll be eating much in the way of actual sliced bread.

Sooo much snow here. I missed the concert my sister and I had planned to go to, because we were really too far away to get there safely or even remotely on time. There's a bunch of $$ I won't see again.

Hope everyone's having a good Monday. The sun is shining here, but at 20 degrees, all that snow ain't going nowhere.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

Hi, Everyone. ONly a dusting of snow here in Indpls. My 13th day on the Beach! I feel good. The scale is going down! I'll figure out how to do the tracker for my posts one day soon! Today my little girls and I will just stay in and do the laundry and recoup from the weekend. I'm glad the sun is shining.
I had a hard boiled egg and a cheese stick for breakfast w/half a 100% WW mini bagel. I might try to do Walk away the pounds today but I dont' want to! Dinner tonight is out of my hands because I have to eat at Card club. I don't know what the host will be fixing.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

My sister lives in Plymouth, MAss. just 10 minutes off Cape.
She is flying me out for my b-day in May so My Goal is to lose all my weight by then!
Closed Thread