Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 11:11 AM   #1  

Lightbulb nonames

Hi gals, just starting the thread like I said in my last post. Please feel free to join our little group. Formerly need a buddy!!!
Old 09-18-2001, 08:18 PM   #2  

Hi Mand, I found you! And I think I found the "formula", also! If I eat 2/3 of my points for lunch, I'm not hungry. It's great! I have my nice big meal at lunchtime and I'm not really hungry for dinner. I had a salad last night and a bowl of raisin bran tonight and that was enough to fill up the little hole.

Good luck to everyone and I hope to see many more people here soon!

Karyl
Old 09-19-2001, 03:56 PM   #3  

Hi mand and Up 'n'down,

Hows things, I am being good but I'm still having problems with drinking enough water, seem to forget when I'm at work and then if I drink it in the evening I'm in and out of bed all night tripping to the loo. Does that count as exercise?

Hope some more find the new thread, I didn't connect the 2 straightaway but I'm a bit thick!!!
Old 09-20-2001, 06:51 PM   #4  

Mavis, I'm sure tripping to the loo in the middle of sound sleep would count as exercise! Here's a trick for the water...get a nice clear drink bottle (big) and put a couple of lemon wedges into it. It looks so appetizing that way and lemons actually keep you from retaining water. I'm still eating at the top end of my point level. I'm just so hungry. I get all my water in and then some. I think the more I drink the more thirsty I get. Boy! I sure picked the right name--Up 'n Down. I've been weighing myself every couple of days, since I lost 0 the first week. I was down 7 lbs and then up to where I started then down 3 and up 1. Phew! That should count as exercise also!!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-22-2001, 03:29 PM   #5  

Hello? anybody here?
Old 09-22-2001, 06:30 PM   #6  

Hi Anyone whose around, had a terrible day, only lost 0.5lb this week then went out and ate for England. I must try and get back on track.
Old 09-22-2001, 10:25 PM   #7  

Hi girls, oh my my, not good. I have been kinda' busy the last few days. And to be honest not doin' that great. WI on Thursday I stayed the same and have been on somewhat of a binge ever since Can you believe me after telling you Karyl not to give up I go and give up. I'm such an ***. I'm really angry with myself. I just lost it. I have been feeling a little under the weather this last week and my resolve was weak. Yea sure!!! I'm sorry for the pity party girls. I need to check back with you more often. My leader suggested I write a contract with her and also a letter detailing my weight loss struggle and why this is important to me. I am going to do this tonight! I just can't believe myself. I am so miserable at this weight. I hate how I look and feel. I avoid going out, I have seriously nothing to wear. I have gained so much. Oh grumble grumble........
Karyl~you sound so positive. I'm glad you have found what works for you. Good luck this week.
Mavis~I know how ya feel. We both need to get back on track. I'm not sure I know how

Again so sorry friends for all this. I feel like I have not only let myself down but you also.

Mandy

Old 09-24-2001, 06:21 PM   #8  

Well Mandy,
Don't feel so bad. I have been very successful with diets before, but I have to tell you that this Weight Watchers thing is a big joke! They should call it Food Watchers because that's all you do!!
Wake up--think about food--look up points --yum, that sound good. You just see so many foods listed and I don't know about you, but that's what makes me so hungry! I'm ready to order a load of Nutri-System food--it's just SOOOOOOOOOo much easier and for me works SOOOOOOOOOOOOoo much better!
And I just noticed that once I lose another pound, my points decrease!!!!!!! What's up with that???!!! I'm starving and they are going to starve me more??"? It doesn't give me much incentive! I think the WW Police are going to read this board and come arrest us!!
I'm usually so positive and have such positive results, but for me, WW is a constant battle for tiny little successes mixed with failures. I'm starting week 3 and feel like I have had 2 failures and one small success and next week I look forward to them taking away some points as my reward for losing a pound!
By the way, you can get Nutri System online

Don't give up---just reassess!!
HUGS!
Karyl
Old 09-25-2001, 04:53 PM   #9  

Mand, Don't give up, I know its hard and at the moment I'm really struggling. The thing is I went out on Saturday and bought some new clothes in a smaller size than I've had for years and for some reason I go to pot after that, you'd think that would encourage me. I really must get back on track. It isn't the first time I've typed that last sentence!!!

Karyl. If you are not happy try something else, you will never be successful if you are feeling so hungry. Go with what suits you.
Old 09-29-2001, 12:07 AM   #10  

Hi girls, big fat failure here,
Well still not OP. And now I've hurt my back. Oh brother!! What next??? I'm am so sick of myself. But alas I'm not giving up. I swore I would not go into another birthday without being on the losing track. If I can't go back in years at least I can be going down in pounds! My birthday is in December. So I'm getting back on track. I'm back to WW on Thursday for the WI. Can't even imagine whats going on there. But anyway all is not lost. I still have you guys. Thanx for the cheering up. I bought a hip hop cardio workout. Gonna try that this week with my sister. She has to lose weight but not as much as me. She says she'll walk with me too. My hubby has also agreed to help me by staying on
WW too. With my luck he'll lose 20# (he only needs to lose 15#) and I'll find it. Not funny really cause it's true.

Karyl~do whatever works for ya. If you really feel you'll be more successful with Nutri-system go for it. We still want you here. And I'm proud of you for staying OP for 3 weeks.

Mavis~you poor thing. I think you were just celebrating. That's OK. You were celebrating your new size and your new clothes. I think you deserved it!! Now I know God will strike me down for this but just get back OP and you'll be fine. And I will take my own advise.

Thanx again you guys I need to check in more often for your wonderful support.

Mandy

Old 09-29-2001, 12:44 PM   #11  

hello Ladies. I'm still here. I don't think I better spend the money on Nutri System right now. I've just been tasked at work with installing some phones and modem lines for people to find new jobs. That doesn't sound very good. I could be one of them and it could be as soon as next Friday
Weigh in today....stayed the same, but on the positive side, lost it slowly and it is supposed to stay off longer!

Mand: Sorry about your back, but glad to see it's not going to stop you! My feet are really bad lately too, so walking is out. I think I'm going to try a metabolism boost supplement along with WW for now. Now don't be a stranger!

Talk to you all soon!
Old 09-29-2001, 04:24 PM   #12  

Hello there
My weigh in this morning and I have managed to lose another pound, not brilliant but better than one on, it just seems like its going to be an extremely long time before I look anything like reasonable. I go to the doctors on Thursday for my weigh in with her so I shall be able to post my total weight loss since 30 April.

Mandy. Sorry to hear about your back, take it easy and good luck with WW. Its good your husband ias doing this with you. Mine is quite supportive but he won't cut back on his food, he sometimes needs scaffolding round his plate!!!.

Karyl. Hope things work out with your job, theres nothing like worry and stress for driving you to food.

Post soon
Old 09-29-2001, 10:31 PM   #13  

Hi gals, well believe it or not I'm doin' a little better. I really believe it's posting with you guys that helps me. I haven't really been gorging like I normally do since my last post. I drove home from work this morning, and I find this a real struggle because I love me some McDonalds breakfast to eat for the long drive home (1 hour). I didn't do it this morning. Also love some burger and fries going into work but again didn't do that tonight. I brought donuts home this morning for my kids and didn't have a one. My husband is really sticking to his end of the deal. He makes it look so easy. He just says no and doesn't think about it again. He hasn't had any chocolate or ice cream all week. I bet he is losing weight already. I tell ya there is no way I'm gonna get any fatter while my hubby, already a trim 175# and muscular, gets more gorgeous!! Sorry I really think he is. So again this is really motivating me to be gorgeous for him.

Karyl~sorry to hear about your job. What a bummer! Can you find something else? Sounds like you're skilled. Good luck, and keep up the good work with WW. At least your not gaining.

Mavis~Way to go! As we Canadians say. 1 pound I'd kill for right now. Keep going!!!

See ya
Mandy
259/160
mini-goal 225
Old 09-30-2001, 05:02 PM   #14  

Hope you have had a good weekend, its nearly 10:00pm already and work looms large and horrible tomorrow morning. I had to get up at 5:30 this morning as my daughter is dancing at a theatre in London tonight and she had to catch a bus at 6:45. I don't relish her being in our capital city in the present climate of unrest but there was no way she wouldn't have gone. She is coming back tonight after the show and I have got to fetch her when she arrives back in town. Trouble is I don't know what time so I will crash out on the couch until she rings me. I shall be a wreck at work. Hopefully I shall be too tired to be hungry!!
Old 10-01-2001, 07:04 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies, well I'm still doin' OK. Not really on WW, but doing better than I have been. I am finding just making healthier choices is working. My hubby has been great as well. We are both doing this together. I went shopping today with my cousin and we always have lunch. I decided to have some Taco Bell. I had a chicken burrito and fries. And no dessert.( There is a Dairy Queen at the mall). When I got home I drank 1 litre of water and had stir-fry for dinner and jello for dessert. I think I drank about 2 1/2 litres today! Also considered my walk around the mall my exercise. Whew, I have to be honest I feel alot less stressed doing it this way. I think when I'm OP I obsess about food and points. And of course when I have something I shouldn't I go on a bender. After my Taco Bell today that most definately would have signaled a binge for me. So maybe I have finally found something that works. I don't feel at all guilty and anxious about my day or my tomorrow!!
I'm going to see my doc once a month for a weigh in, just to keep track of my progress.

So how are you all doin'?? I hope your not disappointed with me.

Mavis~how did your daughters recital go? And did you get much sleep?

Mandy
Closed Thread