Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 02:45 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Losing Floozies (#66)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #2  

I hope Sherry doesn't get mad at me for starting a new thread, but that other one was getting way longer than she usually lets them get.

I am getting really worried about her!! Sherry, WHERE ARE YOU!?

I got my ears stapled today. Stapling is supposed to "help" with the weight-loss process. I'm sure it's just a fad, but if it works, then, hey! I'll let you all know how it goes. I think the results are mainly a result of what's going on psychologically, but, for $25, it was worth a shot for me.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #3  

Default Oops!

I spelled "loozing" wrong!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #4  

Cheryl-Thanks for starting the new thread. I miss Sherry!!! Did the stapling hurt??? I can't wait to see if it works!!

Gayle-How is work going?

The FMPD finally called me today after I emailed them this weekend about the stuff going on with Patty. He said that he was going to give my email to the guy in the ICE dept, whatever that is. Something about Homeland Security and Interstate mail. We'll see. I still think it's the little stinker next door sending the stuff.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:46 AM   #5  

Good morning everyone! I'm off to Odyssey of the Mind judges training. No running for me today. I changed my WI day to Saturday, since I can weigh at a decent hour, instead of 4:AM. I feel much better now. I am weighing at 6:AM. It's all in my sick head!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #6  

Shelley-Wow..that is so weird. I did Odyssey of the mind when i was in high school. I never heard of anyone else talking about it. My team came in dead last. Of course i had alteriour motives. I was the only girl on my team and i got to boss around a bunch of frisky adolescant nerds because i had boobs . I was in my glory. I could of cared less about the whole OM thing. I had no clue about the rules or anything. Isnt that terrible? No wonder we lost.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #7  
Losing it!

Tell me more about this Odyssey of the minds... never heard of it. Must be because school from my perspective was more of a social event instead of actually learning something. LOL!

Cheryl, do you apply pressure to the staples when you are hungry? Tell us more about how the little guys work!
BTW: Thank you very much for starting the new thread. It is appreciated!

Erin, I have found through life, it is a good thing at times to have boobs!!LOL! Works the best when we are dealing with a group of "boobs" also known as the opposite sex.

Shelley, I will probably hold off doing what we discussed until you hear back from the FMPD. K??
Work is going well, I am toning in my arms from lifting heavy cases around. I think my legs are a bit firmer too. Now if I could only get rid of this tummy and all the extra flab in various areas. I never sit down from the time I go to work until I leave plus we are always pulling stock or working on delivered orders, I am active the entire time so this is helping.

I'm wondering where Sher is too... is anyone receiving emails from her?? I haven't received one for several weeks now.

Our board is starting to slip again and this worries me. We are missing a few of our regular posters and everyone is so busy, most are not able to post as often as usual. Personally, I love this group and I hope we can all continue to post and keep the support and motivation flowing.

FIL was able to go home yesterday. He is holding down food but is very malnourished. We are guessing he weighs in the low 90's. He will have home health care after Monday to just come in and check on him a few times a week and he will also be starting out patient therapy next week. He was so happy to go home. Thank you all for the prayers, we all know how prayer can change the course of things.

BTW: Baby Skylyn is a trooper! She is at 1 pound, 14 ounces!! She is off the respirator and the doctor is optimistic. She can go home when she weighs 5 pounds and is sucking on her own.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #8  

Erin-Both of my daughters did OM, and the oldest went to state several times. She had the same team a few years in a row.

Gayle-OM consists of 7 problems. A team picks out 1 of the problems and works on a solution for many months. It's all using their creative minds and teamwork. They are allowed no outside assistance from adults or other kids. They have a coach, but the coach just guides them through the problem. It would be a wonderful thing for Allison to get into, if her school offers it. Kids from kindergarten through college can do it, but the school must have a membership. They actually apply for it in August, I think. You can read more at www.odysseyofthemind.org. That's okay with holding off. I was thinking the same thing. I'll see if they get back in touch with me next week or not. If they don't, maybe you can give it a try?

I haven't heard from Sherry. I hope she's okay. I can't remember the last time she's been gone so long without letting us know something.

I am also worried about Ramona. I know everyone is so busy, but those of us left here start worrying about all of our dear friends on this board. I've gotten emails from Carol, so I know she must be okay.

Debbie, Sherry, Ramona, Carol, Doni (We all know where Dee is!!) please at least say you are still okay!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:01 PM   #9  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening everyone! I spent the day today taking quilting workshops...a rotary cutting class this morning and an 8 pointed star class this afternoon. I had a great time and learned so much!

I also wish the AWOL Floozies would check in! I know everyone must be horribly busy, but it would be nice to know that everyone is ok...

Cheryl ~ Tell us more about having your ears stapled. Is it like getting your ears pierced? Is there really a staple in your ear? I've never heard of this before!

Shelley ~ I'm glad you got the professionals involved! Hopefully they will get right on it and find out where this stuff is coming from!

OM is a popular activity around here...I know a lot of kids who participate in it. I bet judging would be fun!

Erin ~ Too funny about the boobs!

Gayle ~ Your FIL must be so happy to finally be back at home! My prayers are with him as he continues to recover.

I'm so happy to hear that little Skylyn is doing so well too! She remains in my prayers as well.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/178/135

Hi, all! I'm just going to jump right in.

My husband wants us to take a trip this coming August. The first stop will be to visit a relative that I haven't seen since I was at my heaviest. I'd love to show up at least at the half-way mark between my top weight and my goal weight. It would be even better if I could wear the nice summer clothing that hasn't fit me for about five years. Later in the trip, I hope to meet up with a lady I have known for a couple years from an online women's group. She's only seen pictures of the "thin" me (even though I've been clear that I don't look like that anymore), so I'd like to not be a shock to her.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:44 AM   #11  

WELCOME, KIM!! Please do join right in. We are glad to have you aboard! What plan are you on?
Old 02-12-2006, 08:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/178/135

Thank you, Shelley. I'm trying to use the Canada Food Guide and walking. That's how I've been successful in the past in losing and maintaining. Right now, I'm not being very strict, mostly just recording everything I eat and making healthier choices. (Isn't it funny that just knowing you have to record eating something is enough to make you think twice. )

Eventually, I'll have to bump up the exercise and be more careful with portion sizes.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #13  

Hello gals...

Sorry it has been awhile since i posted last and WELCOME to our new members this is a great group of floozies here.

Well the last several weeks have been hectic(what's new) with the daycare and deciding if i still want to do this. I had one little one who screamed all day and never let up. Eliminated a few things and tried to tell mom that she needed to start him on baby food b/c he was starving with just a bottle. I was on my lassssssssssst nerve with him and almost closed the daycare down b/c of him. Needless to say once she started feeding him he finally is starting to be a good little one.

Eddie and I have a voucher for a bed/b-fast in Gatlinburg that we will be using in the spring. One of my parents -parents have and B&B there.
Cara is doing well and still with the boyfriend who now doesn't have a job anymore and she is going into nursing and works for some drs. and loving it.

My health has been somewhat ok if they can get my thyroid under control but otherwise feeling ok

My mom had to have all her teeth pulled Thursday and we were really worried b/c she is on blood thinners and highly allergic to meds of any kind she has ever been on but she did beautifully.

Someone here wanted to know if i was the one who gets along famously with the in-laws and that is me. They are such an unenjoyment to be around and i am like someone here who says they like to run out screaming with the SIL. I am the same way with all of them.
Now i was nice and went to dinner with the MIL(don't fall over Gayle) and Eddie last nite and then took her to Penny's to shop....I try very hard not to do that very often.We did have a nice time..........

Well that is all for now.

Catch u all later.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:12 AM   #14  
Janice

WELCOME KIM!! You will love this group of ladies. I live about 45 minutes from Toronto in Keswick, which is on Lake Simcoe.
Not much new with me, although I do read the post a couple of times a day. Just don't have too much going on. The new meds seem to help a bit, but not much.
SHERRY - Where are you? We miss you!
Doni - I hope you are okay. I worry about you with the situation you are in. Please check in and let us know that you are alright.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #15  
Losing it!

Good Sunday morning girls!

Nice to have you here Kim!!! We are a GREAT group of ladies who will ALWAYS be here for motivation and support. A few tend to slip away from the board every so often but there are others who will be here daily checking in no matter what life brings them.

Vickster, Vickster, please don't stray again...we want to know about you and your family. Glad the baby is now getting food and is satisfied. When I had a daycare, it just amazed me no what some of the parents would do. What ever happened to common sense? LOL!

Shelley, I sent a personal email to Ramona but as of this point, I haven't heard back. I think she is just so overwhelmed now with all the happenings in her life. She knows we love her though and I bet just as soon as things settle down she will be right back here.

Suzy, I'm happy to hear you had some Suzy time and you enjoyed the classes!!! feel free to post pics of your creations whenever you want, we would all love to see them!

Janice, nice to know you are getting some relief from the meds! Even though you don't think you have anything to share here, you do! It's nice to know people are posting instead of just reading the messages. Even if your messages don't concern weight loss, we still want to hear from you!

Cheryl, how are the piercings? Can you tell a difference?

Getting ready to go see the FIL, shop for shoes and get Steve packed for a week out of town. Yep...I will be spending Valentines by myself this year...

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY!!
Closed Thread