General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default My Son's First Valentine's Day ~ What Should He Do?

Hey Gals,

I need advice to give my son~

He is 24 and so is his girlfriend. This will be their first Valentine's Day together as a couple. They have been friends for a few years. He is getting her a necklace and some flowers but is also looking for that "extra" little something Any ideas?
Old 02-08-2006, 03:34 PM   #2  
Collie Mommie

Since they've been friends for a while, does he have a lot of pictures of her? Maybe he can put them all in a small photo album and leave space at the end for more. And include a letter/poem to her.

Or maybe he can cook for her? Something with strawberries and whipped cream (fun to feed each other and what-not).
Old 02-08-2006, 06:40 PM   #3  

I second the thought of cooking for her. I think there is nothing more romantic than having my honey plan out a nice meal, and actually cook it for me. Gotta like not having to spend time in the kitchen... so anytime someone wants to cook for me... lol the better!
Old 02-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

One of my most romantic dates was a limo ride to a park to sit and eat a picnic (that I didn't prepare and know about). Depends on where you live though. Might be too cold for that suggestion.

Another one was where I was taken to a cozy resturant on the lake with candlelight. My husband (boyfriend at the time) kept pulling out small gifts all night long (just when I was thinking that was all). Each gift was a personal thing. A necklace with a charm on it. Another charm (that signified something), a poem about how he felt about me, etc.

He could suprise her with a day trip to somewhere the two have never been. I always love a man who is thoughtful enough to plan ahead and put thought into it.

Another was a scavenger hunt throughout the house telling me about things he had hidden to pamper myself with and get myself ready to go out. Someone would be at the door and not to ask questions but to go with them. I went and they drove me around town and showed up at this resturant with him in a suit, flowers, a card, and a drink ready. (there's more to this story, but it doesn't apply here).
Old 02-10-2006, 01:46 AM   #5  
Determined

What about a day trip to all their favorite hang outs as friends with a little sentimenta gift/card at each location? Let us know what they end up doing!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thanks so much for the in-put. I will continue giving him your advice and ideas, I think they are doing their celebration on Saturday as the are both teachers and have a full day with coaching track (my son) and dance/cheer (his girl).
I will post the final results!
Old 02-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #7  

At our planetarium, they have a fundraising program where you can pay to have a star named after you! I always thought that would be so romantic!
Old 02-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Well the boy just took off for his big date with the necklace and flowers. They are going to go to dinner somewhere casual then go to Cirque du Soliel (sp?)...will keep let you all know how it went.
Closed Thread