General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #1  
Movin on down the scale

Default OT-Sex offender information.

This is a good place to check to see if you live close to a sexual offender.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/search.asp
Old 02-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #2  

Thank you for the link. So many disturbed people out there. And these are only the ones that have been caught.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Geez guys, I'm kinda freaked out now. One lives IN MY APARTMENT COMPLEX! It says "other offense", I wonder what that would be? I bet it's our handyman. He actually came into our apartment one day while I was here! I could have been naked or god knows what and he just comes in! He's always creeped me out. The next farthest is a rapist .24 miles away. California sucks
Old 02-10-2006, 07:52 AM   #4  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Quick post (I have lunch to make, eat and go to uni)
I don’t agree with 'knowing' where these people are.
I’m not saying that they shouldn’t be castrated but over protective parents/people looking for a fight/etc will start.
Example: a couple of years ago a young girl was abducted in the UK, Sarah Payne, this got a lot of publicity, several newspapers appeared to be fighting for children's safety (I believe they was just stirring to create my news to sell) and many people demanded to know where sex offenders live (and the newspapers backed and continued to stir)
there was 'vigilante/protest' groups demanding for this, when questioned a lot of the men/people when asked what they thought of 'sex' with children, they said it was wrong and disgusting, but then asked if it was a 14+ y/o girl, they said that that’s different, the things those girls wear, they look older and it shouldn’t be wrong (BS!)
my main point is at the time one of these 'newspapers' took it upon themselves to print many pages of sex offenders with names, pics and areas.
and I know of one case myself where one of these vigilant groups, saw someone in the area and matched the picture in the newspaper and took it opon themselves to beat the living **** outa him and his home, It was later found out when he was in hospital thjat he was a completely innocent man, who just happen to look like one of the photos printed, poor guy.
Plus! its proven the child/sex offenders who having actually touched anyone but have the offence for say indecent actions and pics are prob getting help and with the more pressure they are under the more likely they are to re offend or commit much worse crimes.
Its not that I don’t think we shouldn’t be safe by ignorance, I’m just saying people jump to conclusions are most don’t seem to be able to handle such information in a sensible way.
Sorry just my 2-cents.
My opinion, good idea if people could handle it without jumping to conclusions and dont take the law into their own hands...
Old 02-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

My opinion is that they should have different categories. I don't call an 18 yo sleeping with a 16 yo a sex offender. But someone who actually physically rapes someone against their will, and ANYONE who takes advantage of an actual child that was simply too young to make such a decision, or too scared, or whatever, should be placed into a penal colony for life. Someplace specifically for sex offenders to live out the rest of their days away from the rest of us.

It's much more humane than the idea a relative planted in my head years ago. Something about giving them a butcher knife, clamping their genitals into a vice in a barn, then setting the barn on fire. Give them the option.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #6  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

I've heard a few of my relatives say the smae and I dont so much disagree.
Here the age of which an individual can have sexual intercourse in 16,
but alot do have sex before that age, I do think that an 18y/o having consensual sex with a 16y/o could be a sez offence as older guys can groom younger girls etc.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:23 PM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

That looks like a third-party site - and according to their own FAQ page, the info isn't complete or up to date.

I would suggest as a more accurate alternative checking your state's "Megan's Law" website instead - google "Megan's Law" and your state abbreviation and you should be able to find it. Here's California's URL for instance.

As the KlassKids site states:

Quote:
The best source of information on the registered sex offenders in your community is quite often your local sheriff's office police department. If a Website does not represent your community, you should check with local law enforcement.
(BTW that KlassKids link lists all the official state and county-operated Megan's Law sites, with links)
Old 02-10-2006, 01:19 PM   #8  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Oh.... my....GOD!!!!! No seriously, OH MY GOD!!! There's like 7 living in this little area, and I clicked on one, and it turned out to be my ex boyfriend's really good friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so shocked right now!! :0 :0 :0 :0
Old 02-10-2006, 01:20 PM   #9  
Healthy mommy

Oh jesus. Jeeesus. Another one turned out to be someone I went to school with, who I saw just the other week (and who tried to ask me out.) Luckily I always disliked him and said no. Urrrgh. Urggh. I wish I had never looked at this!!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #10  

Height: 5"4

I found someone that I went to college with. He and I sat beside each other in one of my classes, we even studied once or twice together. OMG, just goes to show you you never really know people!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I actually checked the Megan's Law site earlier this morning and it also says the guy still lives in our apartment complex and that he had committed "lewd acts with a 14 or 15 year old"
Old 02-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #12  
Healthy mommy

The one that tried to ask me out, who I hated in high school, had "indecent liberties with a minor and sex arousal with a child." URRRRRGH. Oh my god.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #13  

Exclamation

Like I said, these are only the people listed. I'm sure there are a lot of these creeps that never get caught.
Ah, a crazy world in which we live.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:40 PM   #14  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Man... the tiny city I live in has 22, a few less than a mile away. The town I grew up in has 2.

I understand these people may have 'paid their debt to society' but YUCK. I feel like I should put up a Klingon cloaking device or something, around the friggin' WORLD.

Knowledge is power right? Maybe I should sign up for a self-defense class... Hmmm...
Old 02-11-2006, 06:47 AM   #15  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

My area has over 112 of them alone, with two right in my neighborhood! Goes to show how you have to be more alert. But while this is helpful, keep in mind that these are only the known offenders......there's a lot of unknown offenders who never get reported...
Closed Thread