Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2001, 09:55 AM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Default Former Chub Club-October

Happy October. I got a puppy last night. I named her spooky. She's black w/ dark brown feet. She's one of 10. She's 6 weeks. Mom refused to nurse any more. 100% mutt! My children had to talk me into this, but I enjoy her too. I gotta get ready for work but wanted to tell you my happy news and get a new thread started! audri
Old 10-01-2001, 11:03 AM   #2  

Default Welcome to Spooky!

Audri, glad to hear about your new family member! Yay to the kids for talking you into it! LOL! Don't think of her as 'mutt'....She is a VERY rare breed. Only 10 others like her!

Got any early start this morning but have accomplished nothing. I have some daffodils that need to be planted. Would love to plant them and a lot more in the bed at the corner of the property. It can be seen from the front window of the living room and I can picture myself standing at the window, crading a cup of something warm in my hands and looking out at the blooms during early spring. The first blooms always give me 'hope'....

I am enjoying the cooler weather now though. Keep watching for the leaves to start changing.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Love, Karen
Old 10-01-2001, 08:34 PM   #3  

Hi-ya,

I think I've kinda disappeared for a while...sorry. Was watching lots of t.v. there for a while ya know, and with the school schedule and work on my new birds...well, I just sorta got out of the on-line habit. Seems like others have too, except for some bulk "crap" e-mail, I get very little correspondence.

Anyway, It is a monday, a new month, new season....should be time for me to yet again start anew....

Enjoy your new puppy Aud. There is a kitten at the clinic that needs a home...but I'm not budging. I do not want any thing else to take care of or clean up after!!!!!

Happy October
Old 10-07-2001, 02:44 PM   #4  

Default Where and how is everyone?

I did a little yard work today....Empasis on 'little'. I dug up some bulbs and now I need to get them back into the ground along with about 70 more that I just bought. Ummm...wonder how long that will take?

Hope everyone is doing good. Itsworthit, we are thinking of ya'll. Praying for the best. Know that if good thoughts help we are sending them your way.

Audri, MailWhale, Sandy, Cookie and Dolphin. Where are ya'll?

karefree
Old 10-08-2001, 09:52 AM   #5  
you can call me flower

I have started up my walking for real this time. I am not in the mood today so maybe I will walk to work. It has finally started to cool off here! FINALLY! Everyone has now turned off their a/c. Thrusday I walked 5080. (I am keeping track by steps) Fri was 6117, Sat was 1.75 hours at Art in the Park plus an evening walk of 5175. Sunday was 5187 plus 2222. I am trying to do more each day. The scale hasn't budged but it will sometime!

Everyone is fine. We are just working. Saturday is Chris and mine only day together. Then we both are back to work and baby watching! Well, I gotta get ready. Chat again soon. audri
Old 10-08-2001, 07:03 PM   #6  

I've been walking pretty consistently again, unfortunately I've been eating pretty consistently too

I don't know what to think or say about it anymore. I was so determined for so long, I really thought I'd made a real change...but now I just seem to be back to the old tricks, and gaining cause of it. I'm sad and mad, and that does no good. I don't know how to get back to that point where I hold it together for a long enough stretch to make a difference. And of course as we all know it is hard to write here when we don't seem to be on the band-wagon. I just think I'm losing myself again

wishing the rest of you well though! Hold on and don't get discouraged...cause once it really sets in, boy is it hard to shake.
Old 10-08-2001, 08:46 PM   #7  
you can call me flower

Mailwhale-I send you a hug! I finally got back into it by reading online weight loss journals. I joined a challenge to loose 8 pounds this month. I am working out, just got to eat less now. I am really trying to drink the water. I wish we still had the chub club. The tv, the newsletter, the message board. It was fun competeing. I am still at 190. But I have a new sence of willpower again. I am going to get a full length mirror for my bathroom. Gotta be aware on how big I am with nothing on. I wear these big clothes and I think I am not so huge cause the shirts are swimming on me. But really they just make me look bigger. I want more energy. I would love a whistle or 2... I sure would like to get some cute clothes! And I need to stay happy so I don't eat to hide my feelings! I hope you find yourself soon Mailwhale! I don't like it when my friends are sad. audri
Old 10-09-2001, 09:51 AM   #8  
you can call me flower

I woke up out of a dead sleep last night wondering about ITSWORTHIT. So, if anyone has heard from her, please let me know. I am sure they are fine, they just have so much going on. audri
Old 10-09-2001, 01:27 PM   #9  

Default I wish I could say I have heard from Itsworthit....

Audri. I think about the both of them a lot also and do hope all is going better than expected. I am against doctors giving a timetable because they don't always know everything....I wish them both strength and all the time they need.

MailWhale, oh hon...I know exactly what you mean....I walked 2 miles yesterday and just ate a bunch of fig newtons. FN's are low fat but they aren't low calorie and I ate more that I should have....I am hoping though that the exercise will give me the will power to control the eating.

Audri, what journals have you read that have inspired you? I would love some inspiration!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Karen
Old 10-10-2001, 06:02 AM   #10  

Default I am walking like Grandpa from the Read McCoys.....

...and surprisingly, that is a GOOD thing! I walked again last night. Only a mile but I did walk. My legs are very stiff and sore but I am going to try to keep it up.

Jesse started working a Dunkin' Donuts yesterday....Did n't bring any home but I know they will be coming. Send some will power my way, gals!

Hope everyone is doing good and hope to hear from everyone soon.

Karen
Old 10-10-2001, 10:07 PM   #11  
you can call me flower

Hi friends. For some reason today I am so mad at Terry for dying. I realize it is not his fault and he didn't do it on purpose. BUT parenting without both biological parents is really really hard. I hate being the one responsible for evrything. I get all the credit, but I also get all the blame. audri
Old 10-11-2001, 11:10 AM   #12  

Default I don't know that I can imagine....

all of the feelings you must have, Audri. Parenting has, for me, been the hardest job I have ever had. Even with both parents there and participating I don't think that most fathers take on the guilt that we mothers carry around with us. Everything is our fault and sometimes I think it is my choice. I can take criticism for myself much better than I can hear or feel it for my child.

I can see how you might feel anger for Terry. At the very least you must feel abandoned. I know you know it isn't his fault. He didn't ask for it but neither did you. Hang in there, Audri. It will get better.

What happened? The kids are all okay, right?

If it is school I know what you are going through .

Hold on,

Karen
Old 10-11-2001, 06:19 PM   #13  
you can call me flower

Yeah, school it is. Detentions, non stop talking, homework, messy rooms. You know, kid stuff. He is grounded for a week, now it will be even longer since he decided not to come straight home. I liked it better when he actually listened to me. Ugh! I am feeling better today. I got sleep and I actually had fun at work. I just hate coming home to all this S***! Chris leaves 5 minutes after I get home so I can't ever relax. He must feel the same way. We both have the next 2 days off together. Thank goodness! Well, I had better get off line in case he is trying to call. Thanks for caring! audri
Old 10-11-2001, 07:53 PM   #14  

Default I walked another mile today! Yeah ME!!

Of course, I had a triple cheese burger AND a triple thick shake from Micky D's also....Didn't drink all the shake....But , at least I did walk.

I saw a lady on early morning tv the other day who said that her first instinct after the tragedy of the 11th was to eat her way through it. Instead she is walking a mile a day (perhaps she will work up to more than one a day) for each victim. It reminded me of our walks across America with the CC....I miss all of our friends, girls....

Audri, bless your heart, I am in total sympathy with you. I also restricted Jesse during those times. He was also the class clown. Thought school was for socializing. You'll get through it. One year Jesse was restricted from everything but breathing and I would have taken that away if I thought it would have helped!

Okay, where is everybody else?

MailWhale, where are you?

Sandy?

Cookie?

Itsworthit?

Dolphingirl?

YooHoo!!
Old 10-13-2001, 09:27 AM   #15  

Default Just checking to see if anyone has posted....

Closed Thread