Old 02-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #1  

Default Frozen yogurt

Can I eat frozen yogurt and have it count as a dairy?
loseitlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

We have a frozen yogurt place here that serves FF Sf frozen yogurt that I love. My COD says to get a small and count it as a starch.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

thanks for your comments ladies - that is nice to know if I come across that situation.
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #4  

what do you do to yogurt that makes it change froma dairy to a starch when you make it frozen. I tried freezing the regular yogurt and I didn't like it much either. I don't want to do anything worng and hurt myself, but I am tired of cheese everyday and if I can do frozen yogurt for my diary that would help.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #5  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Shennie--thanks for asking--I wondered, too why it counts as a starch instead of a dairy when frozen. I like yogurt, but not cheese so it's not a big deal but I would Love to have frozen every once in a while for the "treat" that it is!

Everyone is doing soooo awesome. Shennie my original goal is 150 but now you are inspiring me to go to the 140's--I'm only 5'6 so it should be doable.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I'm going to take a look at frozen yogurt when I buy groceries today, see if I can make sense of this.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #7  
on LAWL

you are the best!! always taking care of us!!
Old 02-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #8  

That is a good question I never thought about it. I would like to know also.
Tee625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
Shennie--thanks for asking--I wondered, too why it counts as a starch instead of a dairy when frozen. I like yogurt, but not cheese so it's not a big deal but I would Love to have frozen every once in a while for the "treat" that it is!

Everyone is doing soooo awesome. Shennie my original goal is 150 but now you are inspiring me to go to the 140's--I'm only 5'6 so it should be doable.
I am 5'6.5" (DBF swears I am only 5'6", but I am that extra .5, I promise ) but my original goal was actually 155 because I was thinking that was baout the size i was after highschool and I was fine witht hat size, but I forgot to account for the fat I now have compared to the lean muscle of then . I really though 150 would be skinny and I am now seeing it is not, it feels good to have pants hang off of me that useto be tight and to fit dresses, I never thought I could, but I am bottom heavy and have huge legs that just don't belong to the rest of my body so I know I will have to tone up eventually, but I woudl rather do that during stabilizationa nd maintenance because WL is hard enough without the recalculating of portions due to weightlifting. I really want to try to get to about 135 and I have until April 2 to finish my WL weeks so I will go as far as a I can, but I want my "real" weight to be about 140 after I start toning and reintroduce salt to my life in moderation. YOU CAN DEFINITLY DO IT!!!!

Mary thanks for the advice, I am going to look and see if they have FF, SF frozen yogurt and compare it to the regular and see what it says. I am assuming that the amount of calcium would be important too, right
Old 02-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #10  
on LAWL

Thanks Shennie--140 sounds like a great goal. I was 150 when I met my DH and felt great. Since I am still 23 pounds away I guess I should see how I feel in mid-May (my goal time) then see is going lower works for me. We are going back to AZ for a visit June 1, and I would LOVE to shock them all--haha.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom
Thanks Shennie--140 sounds like a great goal. I was 150 when I met my DH and felt great. Since I am still 23 pounds away I guess I should see how I feel in mid-May (my goal time) then see is going lower works for me. We are going back to AZ for a visit June 1, and I would LOVE to shock them all--haha.
also look out for specials at your center were you can get coupons to use to buy more weeks and hang in there for another $3/week special. I haven't "paid" for any of my weeks since December 8th...they are all coupons combined witht he $3 week deal.

PS. June 1 is my birthday (although the IRS says it's the 11th, but that is another story ) so just in case you want to send me a present
Old 02-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #12  
on LAWL

Will do--lol--you should get 2 gifts--1 for each birthday! I will be 36 on May 25th so even though 38 pounds is my LAWL goal my personal goal is at least "36 pounds by age 36" . IF I am in an 8, I am splurging on some Lucky jeans--I think I will have eraned them! My luck I'll eventually get ther and they will look horrible on me--haha.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Boo'smom - my Bday is on May 24th.....another gemini

I think it is very important to gift yourself for significant losses. I just gifted myself with a costly gortex jacket - not really cute or sexy - but practical, and seeing as I live in a rainforest, I will no longer have any reason not to go out in the rain.

I was going to wait for the 30lb mark for a giftie - I can't seem to break 156 - yaargh!

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:21 PM   #14  
on LAWL

I'd give my right arm to be 156--WTG. DH is doing LAWL with me so we are planning a cruise in June as a gift to US!!! No kids, no worries, just us looking good
Old 02-12-2006, 09:53 AM   #15  

boo~ were going to cruise in July. I plan to have these legs toned by then and there will be no cover-ups for me this year.