South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 04:20 AM   #1  

Default TGIF! It's Friday on the Beach!

CACKLE Dooooodle Dooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was rudely woken up by Darby deciding to sleep on my head and Casey the bed hog kicking me in the side! How can a King size bed be toooo small fer me and 2 little terriers? I tried to go back to sleep but seems I'm wide awake now...
So I'll put a pot of cawfee on and get an early start on the day. I'll pop back in when the sun starts to come up!

PS: HAPPPPEEEEE BIRTHDAY RNMOM!!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 142/135/120

Height: 5'3"

Moning,

This has been a year long week and TGIF for sure. Well, I thank the ladies here for the good advice but I ended up starting Phase 1 again yesterday instead of waiting until Monday. I was afraid of what the weekend would bring if I didn't get back on the wagon. Looks like Steph and I are in this together and starting anew. I did well with day one of P1 and even logged my food into fitday for the first time!!! This weekend I wil try to keep up the calorie counting as well as the journaling in order to hold myself more accountable. Who knew being healthy was so much more work than all the exercise I always have done - what??? - you mean I gotta eat good too!!! LOL

This weekend I don't have a lot of plans except to spend as much time with my son as possible. We are going to a Noah's Ark Party which the kids get to pick a bear or another stuffed creature and then dress it. Royce and I will be sure to have fun with that.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:08 AM   #3  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, schatzi and freaky. Looks like we're the early birds this morning, although you gals are definitely earlier than me. 4 amish?? Yikes! I'd need a nap for sure. I've been up since 5:30 and have coffee already am about to settle in for a nice read on nitrogen cycling in grassland ecosystems! Fun fun!

Yesterday was a good eating day. I ended up right around 1200 calories and that's including a big glass of wine. For all you chicks who drink wine but maybe don't finish a bottle that soon, they have these rubber corks that come with a tool to remove the air out of the bottle so the wine stays fresh longer. Otherwise, I was told, that the wine goes bad after a day or two. I bought the Wine Saver kit and it really does work. It's my new favorite product!

Today I have to go to campus for a discussion on two papers and attend a presentation but after that will be cooking, cleaning, and reading. I have an exam next week and a big calculation homework due so I need to get on it. I love Friday's because that means Thursday is over!

Have a great day, chicks! I'll come check back later when more of you are awake!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
All my hard work paid off, I'm down 1 1/2 lbs.! Weekends are usually pretty hard for me, eating wise, but I'm really motivated now, so I should get through this one OK.
I'm off to Curves first thing, then I need to stop for groceries. We're expecting a major snowstorm tomorrow, so I want to hit the store before the big frenzy tomorrow morning. Then I'll have the girls for a few hours, after that, the rest of the weekend is mine.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RNMOM!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:42 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

I just weighed myself and am down another pound! Yay!! That's 4 in a little over a week or so! Now I'm really motivated to be good today!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:25 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick hi this morning. Claire is arriving very shortly to finish wallpapering the guest room and I'm not dressed! I got involved in tooth bleaching and other stuff and am way behind. Back later to read and comment.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:34 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Sitting here with a THERMOS of CAWWWFEEEEE. It's gonna be a marathon writing day. I have to finish up my synopsis and do some editing on chapter 1 of my newest book for a workshop I'm entering. Have to have my entry in tomorrow.

For Ruth and you other Wise Ones...what's the word on Panko...Japanese style bread crumbs?

I have a bag in the pantry but the writing is all in Japanese so I have no idea on the ingredients or anything...I'm wondering if us Beach Babes can use them. Before the Beach I used them for breading things like shrimp. They work so much better than regular bread crumbs b/c you can use less and get a crispier texture.

Pear... congrats on the 4 pounds!! That's awesome, girl!!

And Happy Birthday, RNMOM!!

Okay, I need to get cracking here. I'll pop in now and then to see what's what.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:36 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

HERE we go again SNOWScoming to the Cape expecting 6" to 12 ". With winds over 50 MPH,hope the electricity doesn't go out like it did the last storm. We we're out for 27 hrs.

Schatzi WelcomeBackI sure did missed you and your postings. Hope your not in the way of this beauty of a storm. Hate to lose you again.Enjoy your coffee

Freaky-Your right when you said
Quote:
Who knew being healthy was so much more work than all the exercise I always have done - what??? - you mean I gotta eat good too!!!
and than some. I'm still trying to get my cruise weight off since 1 1/2 yrs ago.

Pearshape-Goodluck to you on your exam next week.Congrats on your pound loss. I W-I tomorrow send me some luck also.

Cottage- Big congrats on your 1.5 weight loss. Didn't buy too much food,especially if your electrity goes out. All the pershables will be gone. I learned the hard way at our last storm.

Ruth & Mamacita HI.

RNMOM- Happy Birthday

Have a nice weekend if I don't get back due to the strom

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-10-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:38 AM   #9  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well ladies I did awesome yesterday as far as eating goes. Right around 1200 calories and mostly OP. I had a ton of work to do that kept piling up before I knew it I was unlocking my door after getting home at 11 p.m. I knew I had to be up this morning at 6 am no matter what so I canned my workout plans (ugh....) I really needed to get some workout time in but I would be in big trouble if I was late for work this morning. So for today I am just working like usual, SAH and maybe a wrestling match tonight. I WILL get some strength training in even if I have to break my routine up into smaller time incriments. I need to realize some done is better than all planned. You know the whole "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" mantra...I told my friend about it and she told me a very good quote by Ghandi "You have to be the change you want in the world." I think it really sums things up nicely. I hope you ladies have a great day!

SCHATZI - Morning, I wish I had a cup of your energy this morning.

freaky - how did you do yesterday? I managed to stay OP and under my calorie limit.

pear - goodmorning, you sound like a busy bee on Thursdays...now you get to look forward to the weekend! And congrats on getting rid of another pound.

cottage - congrats on your loss! Weekends are hard for me to, but they are nothing a lot of motivation cannot conquer.

Ruth - Morning
Old 02-10-2006, 09:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Mornin' ladies,

Man this week has been so crazy that I haven't had much time to question staying OP no psychological games to psyche me out and as a result I'v e done really well... set a goal of an hour of cardio every day and assuming that I go work out here in a little bit then I reached my goal... also think I need to offiicially change my scale cause I'm down to 155 YAAAY! Let's all say prayers that Sarah does well this weekend and doesn't drink too much champagne!

Hope everyone has a great FRIDAY!

Last edited by SarahinBalance; 02-10-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #11  

Good morning! I have no idea what I weigh, because I think I've kicked the every-day habit! I ate some suspicious items yesterday -- chicken and broccoli from a Chinese restaurant when the office ordered in (I ate less than a cup, so I think I'm all right). Also, I'm not sure that my ricotta cheese and Egg White substitute aren't on the verge of going bad. I might be very sorry later on. However, I have one of the strongest stomachs going -- I think, nausea-wise, I'll be fine.

I worked out a lot this week, doing cardio every day and strength training yesterday. I enjoyed, but am looking to switch up my gym exercises today.

Mamacita: These are the ingredients listed for panko that I've used in the past: Bleached wheat flour, dextrose, shortening (partially hydrogenated soybean oil and palm oil), yeast, salt. I've been operating under the assumption that it's not SBD-friendly.

Beach bum: Keep the snow on the Cape, okay? I don't want any in Boston or a bit further south!

Schatzi: as someone who has woken up with up to seven cats snuggled on a full-size bed -- they're looking at you as the intruder, I think!

freaky: That sounds like a good idea for a kids' party!

Pearshape and stephie: I'm interested in how you get to 1200 cals. I can't seem to manage it and I don't want to mess up my fat burning capabilities.

Ruth and everyone else soon to post: Have a great day and weekend (I don't check in on the weekends, as I spend the majority of it babysitting). This weekend, though, I will be attending a concert -- someone called Matisyahu that my sister is adoring. Should be interesting!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:12 AM   #12  
Kyemom

Morning Chicks!!
Happy Birthday RNMOM!!!
Congrats on the loss Pearsydew!!
BB- I hate snow!! Hunker down & stay warm
Schatzi- Cackadoodle doo? You kill me !!!
Ruth-
Mama- I have 3 papers to write...We should collaberate!!
Everyone else
I got tickets to take my kids to the Ringling Brothers Circus next week. I am gonna surprise them!! I can't wait. I went to a Pampered Chef party last night (love that stuff), anyway I went to one last month and the consultant was th same girl. Last night she told me that I was her motivatin for SBD. She has seen me change so much it gives her the strenth to do it!! How cool is that? I told her about this site, so maybe she will come visit us!! I have a lot of studying and papers to work on this weekend, but that is all of the plans that we have. We may go look at some land to buy, also! I will be good this weekend I think I may make some stews or soups, because it is supposed to be cold and snowy..I hate snow.
Anyway Have a great OP day!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #13  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

morning gals!!

well my son stopped throwing up last night and has already eaten a small but good breakfast so phew we're out of the woods, or at least he is...

funny I actually figured if I'm gonna get sick I might as well eat a bunch of non_SBD snacks and whoop it up before I throw up, lol. I didn't of course but nice to see how the mind works. Thank god for the rational portion of my brain (even if it's really small).

I'm with SunLit-I wanna know what you guys are eating that adds to 1200 calories. that's exactly where I want to be and I can't seem to get there with my normal healthy eating. I could if I tacked on an extra piece of cake but probably not my best move...

Beach Bum, my DH grew up (til 8) in Cape Cod, have yo always been there? I guess it was really hard for his older brother and sister growing up there. There wasn't much to do when it wasn't "in season" but drink and smoke...at least the story they use now

Kyemom-we were gonna do the circus finally this year but we decided to wait one more until our little guy is a bit older. I just hung up my Pampered Chef apron. I figure if any of regulars want something, I'll do it but I'm done with the active selling. I started so that i could get the stuff and now I've got a great kitchen full of fun gadgets so that i can make all my healthy meals!!
Old 02-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #14  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

TGIF Chicks!
I got my federal taxes back today & I got paid my commission!!!!!
DH worked too many hours this week so he get the day off & I'm so jealous!
Working on Fridays, especially one like this, sucks.
I didn't make it to the gym last night. The second I got home from work I crawled into bed and fell asleep. I fell asleep at my desk at work yesterday, too. I never do that. I hope to have a relaxing weekend. DH woke me up when he got home and we had quite the romantic little evening & we stayed up late talking & listening to music. It's nice sometimes to just hide the T.V. remote & have some quality time together.
I'm going to the gym tonight, I'm going to the gym tonight, I'm going to the gym tonight.
Have a great day!
Old 02-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Popping back in again. No time to comment but I do read. It's so nice to see so many chicks posting those little glimpses into our lives.

Claire has the wallpapering well underway, I am doing some accounting and getting stuff ready for the mail. I discovered that I'll be getting a major insurance refund for the nursing home expenses in 2005 so let me know if you have a spare bed. With that and my Air Miles, I may be doing a tour!

It is definitely winter here! Sunny but only 1ºF at the moment. The Girls are very grateful for their fur coats and glad I didn't get them haircuts when it was so mild last week.

See y'all this afternoon!
Closed Thread