The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #1  

Thumbs up Biggest Loser DVD

I lost my mind and purchased this dvd last Friday and I would like to say this Bob is Possessed by the Devil! All jokes aside this is a very intense workout. I think I would need to build up to this one.

Chiarij

Old 02-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #2  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

This is an awesome dvd...and yes its a good thing bob is so cute, for all he puts us through!! LOL! good luck with those workouts! They are worth every ounce of pain and sweat!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #3  

Default Bob is hot

You know I have been doing this dvd for about a week now. No, I can't do the jumping jacks. It just doesn't feel right. I thought I was going to fall over the first time I did this. I am wondering If I will ever be able to move to the high intensity. This is really kicking my butt. It may just get easier with time. At least I hope so. In a way it is starting to be enjoyable. Good Luck!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

I really like this dvd as well, but it seems like I can not get out ot the first levels either. I am trying to get to the highter levels by the end of this month.
good luck and take care
Old 02-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268/268/180

Talking

Trust me it will get easier!!! I am on weeks 3-6...............and I felt the same way the first week. You get better at it too..........!!!! At first I couldn't get through the lunges............but now i can.........same with the jumping jacks........Trust me...........IT GETS BETTER!!!! Don't give up!!!! You are doing a great thing!!! Remember.........if it ever gets too bad.........come on here and leave a post and someone will help and encourage you to get through it!!!! We are all here to help one another!!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #6  

I bought the work out tape this weekend. I did #1 last night, today my legs are so sore, I can't hardly walk. It says so weeks 1-3 #1 & 3, weeks 2-4 #2 & 4. Do you just keep doing #1 & 3 until you can do it all the way thru???? Or do you just alternate weeks like it says, cause I can't get thru #1 yet and that boot camp would kill me the next week. Please let me know how yall follow the exercises. hugcrystal
Old 02-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #7  

me again I was just thinking do you do #1 one night and #2 the next night to alternate or do you do #1 the whole week then #2 the next week, or mix up the routines????? Just trying to figure out what to do tonight???? #1 or #2
hugcrystal
Old 02-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #8  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

I love this CD
I create my own workouts and I really like Bob as he is so down to earth and yet keeps your heart rate up. This is a really great workout CD.
Only problems I have are the advanced moves like with the but lifts going to one leg and the push ups. Im working up to it. But in all it really gives you a good cardio workout and a weight workout as well. And the after burn is sweet
Old 02-07-2006, 10:07 PM   #9  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

What you are supposed to do is alternate workouts #1 and #3 for weeks 1, 2 and 3. Then for weeks 4, 5 and 6 you alternate workouts #2 and #4, there is a typo on the dvd.

It will get easier just stick with it, modify where you have to. When I first started I couldnt do jumping jacks (still cant) or lunges. This is my 2nd week and I can almost do all the lunges. Its definetly easier this week than it was last week. Its not supposed to be easy...you wanna sweat and feel that burn! thats how you change your body! As it gets easier in your modification move closer to the full range of motion. You can do it!! Stick with it!!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #10  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

I still have trouble with the lunges and jumping jacks. I have weak ankles and knees.

Also laying on my stomach or back for the toning segment hurts. But I do what I can.

There is no way I could ever make it on the show. I would die from all the exercising they do.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I bought this dvd 2 weeks ago.I hated Bob the first week...this week however is going much better...I don't hate him as much I'm doing it my own way though,so every third day I get a break from those workouts and get on the treadmill.I'm kind of hoping that by doing it that way,I wont tire of the dvd and give up.It is getting better though,since I'm not so sore that I can't get up the next day,lol.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I did #1 yesterday finally, got the dvd a few days ago. Today I'm very sore in the legs. Took the day off and will do it tomorrow. I couldn't get all the way through teh workout but made sure I did the warm up and cool down.

I hurt my thigh in the back during the warm up reverse lunges Suzie was doing and then during the work out when Bob was doing the side step and the he said bend your knees, so your crouching a bit it really hurt, i had to walk it off and not do that again. Ouch!

I'm glad to hear it gets easier. i really want to push myself during the workouts and it seesm so easy to do but then its' not.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:19 PM   #13  
The Young One

S/C/G: 172/162/140

It sounds like it's a really good DVD. I'm going to go out and buy it. Where do you think it's available? Because I'm not really allowed to buy stuff online... I love the Biggest Loser and I think Jillian and Bob are amazing people.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:43 PM   #14  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulDisaster
It sounds like it's a really good DVD. I'm going to go out and buy it. Where do you think it's available? Because I'm not really allowed to buy stuff online... I love the Biggest Loser and I think Jillian and Bob are amazing people.
You should be able to find it at Best Buy or Walmart...any place they sell dvd's...they might even have it for rent at Blockbuster or something if you just want to try it out first.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:51 AM   #15  
The Young One

S/C/G: 172/162/140

Thanks hun. I'm going to go shopping either tonight or tommorow to find it.