Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2000, 10:19 PM   #1  

There are a couple messages that were just posted on #29. Especialy you Essie!!!! Don't forget to read them.

Well, I floated up about 1 pound from yesterday. I estimate it will take me a couple of days to get that off. So all will be well by Monday. It was worth it to me. I felt free from counting. The guilt free feeling is what I loved. Yrs. ago I would have said "heck with it. I'll just wait til' Monday and start again." It feels so good to start back today. I feel in control!
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Terri
Old 11-24-2000, 11:30 PM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

Terri, you're so right about how, in the past, you (and probably all the rest of us!) would have said, 'Oh, I'll start over on Monday', but instead are taking today as the fresh start day.

That's what has been the greatest thing about 123 for me, the fact that if I do have a "bad" day, I usually turn that around within 24 hours.

Your goal of losing 5 by Christmas sounds great. With the positive attitude you have, I'm confident that you'll be successful at reaching it.

Essie, hey none of that now! No beating yourself up. You enjoyed yourself a little more that you've been doing lately. That's what a holiday is for! I'm so glad you had a great time with the special guys in your life. Those memories are so important.

We had a very nice day yesterday; I cooked dinner, and am happy with the fact that I didn't overeat at all. I actually was very careful with what I chose, didn't have any seconds (which I always do!), and don't have any regrets today. That is a first for me.

Even though the scales might not always say what we want them to, we have to remember that we are learning new eating and planning skills that we previously didn't use. That is just as important as losing!

It's a beautiful sunny day here. I'm hoping to get lots done with decorating as long as it's so nice out.

Myra, Dianne, Pookamon, Satin, hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jen

[This message has been edited by Jenny523 (edited 11-24-2000).]
Old 11-25-2000, 03:22 AM   #3  

Jen,
I really think that is the key to success. A 24 hr. turn over. As long as we start fresh right away we won't have as hard a time. YAY!!!!! That is wonderful that you did great yesterday. We are decorating today too. It is wet and cold though. May put it off until tomorrow.
Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Terri
Old 11-25-2000, 06:54 AM   #4  

Hi
The big smile is for you guys. Terri, you are just as nice as can be. {{{{hug}}} Up 1 lb. you'll have that off by the end of the week My son had a problem setting up his digital camera but as soon as he gets it together I'll take some pictures. Hope you have nice sunny weather tomorrow so you can do your decorations.

Jen, thanks for your support. I'm happy to hear you had a nice day yesterday. Way to go with staying OP.

I went to Sears this morning & got a nice outfit for Dave(my son) The lines were very long but I didn't mind. I was enjoying the holiday spirit. I absolutely love Christmas. It's so cheerful.

I'm going to jump on the scale tomorrow Whatever it is I'll deal with it.

Have a goodnight everyone.

Luv
Essie

Old 11-25-2000, 07:25 AM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

whew!!!!! I'm beat......and we didn't even decorate the house for Christmas!

After raking up all the leave that our maple in front sheds (late), and treating the front lawn, and putting away all the yard furniture, and getting ready the shovels and snowblower for winter....we're finally ready to decorate.

That's not counting the "everyday stuff", like laundry, dishes, floors,etc.

Isn't it amazing that is never ends? !? !? !

Hopefully we'll get the lights, etc. up tomorrow.

Essie, I love Christmas!!! I love decorating, baking, wrapping, shopping, christmas carols, good cheer. My husband thinks I'm nuts. He only worries about buying MY gifts, knowing I take care of everything else. But, I must say, he's very generous. I love to burn pinecone incense, wrap gifts, watch Christmas movies, write cards...

Have a great evening.

"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings"

Jen

Old 11-25-2000, 11:31 AM   #6  

Essie,
You are wonderful. You are so full of life and so sweet. I love Christmas too. It is hectic and I love every minute of it.
I'll bet your son looks handsome in his new outfit. Can't wait to see you.

Jen,
Wow, that is a lot of work. I'm prepping my house for decorations, taking everything down and storing for the Christmas stuff.
Love it! I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" yesterday and "A Christmas Story " (Ralphie) today. Love those two movies. Tomorrow we're watching "White Christmas". MY 14 yr. old looooves Bing Crosby. She owns all of his CD's and as many movies as we can get our hands on. I like him too along with Dean Martin. Sorry for rambling.
Love ya all,
Terri
Old 11-25-2000, 07:53 PM   #7  

Wow - you guys all sound so into the Christmas sprit -- that's great. We had a really nice thanksgiving at my husband's older son's house. There was so much food, besides the #1 turkey, there was pernil (roast pork), glazed sweet potatoes (I made those - got receipe from internet), regular potatoes, stuffing, stuffed potatoes, green vegetables, platanos (banana), pasteles (meat pie), pastellejos (also with meat), salad, etc. Not to mention about 20 different desserts. Lord have mercy!!! I sure didn't count the points that night! But, now back on track like everyone else, which is a great feeling.

Pretty much done with Christmas shopping, except for my hubby, after almost 22 years together, you run out of gift ideas for each other, LOL. He wants us to give each other a cruise!!! That would really be a present!

I'm glad everyone is doing well, Terri I'm sure you'll lose that little 1 lb. in no time flat and good luck with your 5 lbs goal -- YOU CAN DO IT!

Jen, sounds like you got plenty of exercise just getting your yard ready for winter! Have fun decorating.

Essie - sounds like you have such a great relationship with your son -- isn't that a treasure all by itself? I have that with my daughter, don't know what I'll do when she goes to college next year. I overheard her telling one of her friends, "I'm not going to miss my mom (my heart fell to the floor) but then I heard "cause I'm taking her with me to college" (my eyes watered) I'm such a sucker, LOL.

Well, I think today I will wrap some of those grandchildren presents (they have 36 [presents alone) not counting neices and nephews -- it will take me 'til Christmas Eve to get that done, LOL.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Hi to Pookemoon, Mary (where is she?), Myra and Satin.

Dianne
Old 11-26-2000, 01:27 AM   #8  

Hello my friends,

Dianne, what's this about pernil, pasteles, pastellejos, platanos. Where was the arroz con gandules? LOL Oh wait a minute, no coquito (sp?) My son loves pastellejos. I don't make them very often because they have to be fried. My sister always makes pernil & pasteles for every holiday. I had the pasteles on Thanksgiving but passed on the pernil. About your daughter, what she said about taking you with her, was the sweetest thing I ever heard.

I only have to shop for Pete(hubby)& I have to buy Dave flannel sheets. I buy him sheets every year. Dianne, me & my son are very close. We're buddies. One of his friends was over his place one day & heard him talking on the phone. When he hung up he asked him who was he talking to & he said "My Mom" & he couldn't believe it. He said I thought you were talking to a friend & his response was "she is my friend". Talk about watery eyes!!! He'll always be my baby.

Terri, would you believe I never saw It's A Wonderful Life? This year I will rent it. I find it so cute that your 14 yr. old likes Bing Crosby. I love watching Christmas movies. Maybe I should rent it this evening since I'm going to start wrapping some gifts.

Jen, you had a good workout!! You've been very busy. Everything you mentioned about Christmas I love also. Isn't it wonderful. Hubby sounds sweet.

Well, let me go run out & pick up some decorations. I just want to say that you guys are the greatest. You all were on my list of things I was thankful for - it was meeting all of you.

With love,
Essie

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 11-25-2000).]
Old 11-26-2000, 03:40 AM   #9  

Thanks so much Diane and Essie,
So glad your days went well. Good luck with all of the presents. Love those Christmas movies.

Well, I have a bit of sad news. We had to put my dog to sleep today. It was so hard. I knew it was inevitable but I just can't stand it. It will get easier, I know but it is so sad. Of course I think of all the times I got mad at him. Is that normal? There were far more happy times. The nuzzling, cuddling, etc... I'll miss him!
Terri
Old 11-26-2000, 05:16 AM   #10  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I am so sorry Terri. Just remember all the joy he brought you and your family. That joy will be with you forever.

Myra
Old 11-26-2000, 07:28 AM   #11  

Thanks Myra! That means a lot to hear that.
Terri
Old 11-26-2000, 09:48 AM   #12  

Terri -- I'm so sorry about bucky. I can't imagine how you must feel after all those years. But don't feel guilty at all, I know the good times far outweigh anything else. Time is the only thing that will help. Take care, you are in my thoughts.

Essie -- Girl, of course there was arroz con gandules -- don't know how I left that out. It was great.

Hi Jen -- I have my little 3 year old grandson overnight and I thought of you, baby sitting your little grandsons. It's so much fun. We went to the see the Grinch tonight and we had to leave - he was scared. I must admit the grinch was yelling and screaming at the little girl in the movie, so I can understand him being afraid. I can't tell you how long we were on line, then he had to go to the bathroom, then 10 mins into the movie, he turned to me and said "Papa Dianne, I want to go home, do you want to go home"? So cute, I couldn't get mad at him.

Pookemoon, satin, myra and mary -- HI THERE!!

Talk to you soon.\

Dianne
Old 11-26-2000, 06:32 PM   #13  

Terri I am so sorry about Bucky. I know it's hard. I always say I'm not getting anymore animals but I can't help it, they are so lovable & cute. You have lots of fun memories with him & I'm sure lots of pictures so he'll always be in your heart. Awwww I feel so bad for you. {{{{BIG HUG}}}}
You & your family will be in my prayers.

Dianne, your grandson sounds too cute. The Grinch is so ugly I can't blame him then when he screams he must look uglier. I can't wait to be a grandma. I will spoil him or her too death. That's what grandmas are for right?

Myra, glad to hear from you. How are you? We miss you

I guess Mary, Satin & Pookemoon are caught up with the holidays.

Does anyone know if WW is going to have a big change? I need to go back. My problem is I'm not to crazy about the leaders in the center that's close to my house. It's like 5 minutes away.

We are getting lots of rain today in LI. I did some wrapping yesterday. Terri, I didn't rent It's A Wonderful Life. I'll wait till Christmas so I could watch it with my sister. Am I going to need a box of tissues?

Well, let me throw in a Taebo tape before I lose my motivation which doesn't take much these days

Have a geat day

I'll be back this evening
Essie

[This message has been edited by livingfit426 (edited 11-26-2000).]
Old 11-26-2000, 07:40 PM   #14  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
I am so sorry about the loss of your dear dog. We become so attached to these special members of our families; losing a pet is a sad occasion for everyone. I hope you and your children keep him in a special place in your hearts.

Essie and Dianne, it's so much fun to hear how everyone is preparing for Christmas. I love having the tree up, and listening to Christmas music. The food you described from your Thanksgiving meals sounds delicious....is it Puerto Rican, or Mexican?

Dianne, I heard that the Grinch movie was scaring some kids. I'll read the book to Brandon instead of going to see it! Isn't it a project to take a little one out?
I'll bet he loves going out with you!

Essie, you're going to love that movie....it's probably my choice of all Christmas movies. Well, besides White Christmas, of course! I remember watching that with my Dad every year; he loved Bing Crosby also.

Tomorrow is our once a year Christmas shopping day. My husband Joe and I pick one day to go shopping, have lunch, shop some more, then have drinks and dinner. I always love this day. Joe is definitely not a shopper, yet he does enjoy our day together. Of course, sometimes we end up buying more for ourselves than we do for others......

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

"God Bless Us, Everyone"

Jen

Old 11-26-2000, 09:01 PM   #15  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

I'm here. Mainly lurking. Not posting a lot. Going through a lot in my life and not really OP, but once I get my life back together I will be back in force again, I promise.

Myra
Closed Thread