Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2000, 11:54 PM   #1  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: We took the grandbabies to the other grandparents house and now I have some cleaning to do. I'll come back a little later on. Have a great day.
Old 11-19-2000, 02:48 AM   #2  

Afternoon All,

It's cold and raining once again here. So plan to stay in the rest of the day and work on some more Christmas present and then tomorrow will move things around so we can make room for the Christmas tree. We always put it up the first Sat of Dec. but this year will do it Fri. while my DD is still home,(it just was't the same last year when just me and DH put it up alone.

samsgrandma welcome to this group

Slavika I have a embroidery sewing machine, so I make design on it then use the 3 folded cards that have a oval, round or rectangle hole in the front.and presstoe you have a Christmas card, of course I also sell these and since I have another show the frist of Dec. I still need to make a whole lot more.

Hope every one is doing well, and have a good week, stay op so that we can enjoy our Thanksgiving Dinner.

See you all later
lela
Old 11-19-2000, 05:43 AM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Karen: I got the new WW magazine but havent tried anything from there yet. It does have some good recipes that look worth trying! I love the Menu planner Page to. Gives me lots of new ideas.

Slavika: ALAS no toads huh? You should relax now that they have gone home. House cleaning can wait!

Lela: Those cards sounds cute! Sounds like they would be a big seller to!

Trudy: Traditional Cards? Not in this house. My hubby likes weird things. He got a Santa doing the Hula with 2 hula girls. and some Dolpins wearing Santa Hats. They are cute though!

Went out shopping again today. Got DH's Stocking stuff. Monday I will get his presents and then I can officially say I am done!!! Got everything else last week I nneded to get shipped out to Kids and family.
Gotta wrap DH's stocking stuff today as he is a real big snoop....

Have a great day all!
Old 11-19-2000, 11:23 AM   #4  
Super Surfer

Just thought I would pop in before heading off to bed. I was lurking on some other posts tonight, Wow some of those posts get heated. It is nice posting here with this friendly bunch. I have been trying to stay OP faithfully this last week. I wish I would have had all this determination earlier when I was going up ., but now I feel that I am on track so I am hoping for the best. I am close to goal so I know the weight isn't going to move fast, it will be slow going. One day at a time. I hope everyone had a good day OP and will see you all tomorrow...Goodnight.

[This message has been edited by Trudy (edited 11-19-2000).]
Old 11-20-2000, 06:53 AM   #5  
Net browser

Hi Everybody~~~~boy it's quiet here again today. I got my Christmas Tree Skirt all quilted today with gold metallic thread, it looks really nice. I machine quilted in 1/4" from the ditch....well most of the time it was a 1/4" but if you look close some quilting lines are a bit bigger some smaller. I don't think many of my friends will be crawling around on all fours under my Christmas Tree to measure my stitches Now we have to work on the seam binding and then it's finished. I don't know how to break it to you gals but chances are TRUDY and I will not get your Tree Skirts ready for this Christmas. I know most of you had planned on having them (hee hee) but between walking to Texas, Christmas shopping, taking care of grandbabies ALAS we didn't have much time. Love that word of your's LILY .
Schoolgirl those cards you are doing sound just lovely. They probably are a big seller at craft shows.
We have a very cold snowy blustery day today. I guess just a preview of what's in store for us.
My Son's birthday is on Thursday and one of the things I wanted to give him were the cuddleskin PJ's but ALAS I still have to sew them. Maybe I can do that tomorrow. I work well under pressure.
LILY I never bought my Christmas cards in Maui but I did buy a couple of Christmas Tree ornaments and a friend also gives me one on my Christmas parcel every year. They are just beautiful. Some are crystal some are made from shells and bits of wood and colored glass. I too have worked hard to stay on program this week so hopefully Tuesday will be a good day at WW.
I'll come back later to see what you guys have been up too. Hi KAREN I saw you posted, nice "seeing" you.
Old 11-20-2000, 07:19 AM   #6  

Just got caught up reading all the posts. I was out of town for the weekend and just got home an hour ago. I did not do well with food this trip.!! BAD way to start into the Thanksgiving holiday. Amazing how easy it is to just fall off and forget the whole thing! It is on my mind now and I'm right back on!

Phyllis

[This message has been edited by phillpc (edited 11-20-2000).]
Old 11-20-2000, 07:48 AM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: ALAS!! no tree skirt :confused:
Sure sounds pretty tho!
I didnt see any of the ornaments in Hawaii, they sound pretty to. I probably did just bypassed them as I was in the mood for Christmas. Now I wish I would of looked! Oh well next time!

Phyllis: As long as you get back on track you should be ok.

Trudy: How much more do you have to go to get back at goal?

[This message has been edited by LilyG (edited 11-19-2000).]
Old 11-20-2000, 08:04 AM   #8  

Evening Ladies,

Just stopping by to see how everyone is doing today. The weather here is somewhat better still a little on the cool side but at least the rain is gone for now.

I'm still trying very hard to stay op so that I can enjoy Turkey Day, then it's another 4 weeks of watching it so I can enjoy Christmas Dinner, oh well I have to get in the habit of this so it might as well be now than later.

My DD is coming home for the long week end,
Friday we will put up the tree then on Sat go see my mom, She will be 75 so we going down to take her out to eat, the other kids will have her on Thanksgiving so I get her on her brithday.(well I have to share her with them on Sat to but that o.k.)

Your all have a good evening and I will stop by later to see how everyone is.

Slavika I sure had planned on that pretty tree skirt, I guess now I'll just have to use an old white sheet

schoolgirl
Old 11-20-2000, 10:35 PM   #9  
Fun Blonde

Slavika - You sound as if you had a great time with the munchkins. Aren't they fun! And you still were going to clean right away. I probably would have spent half a day in a darkened bedroom before even thinking about "straightening up." I am forever wondering how I raised 3 kids and got anything done. The answer is......youth, darn it!

samsgrandma and phillpc - Welcome! It is fun to be in the same boat as others on this journey.

Karen - when you don't post, I know you are going lickety split at WW meetings. Aren't you glad you "retired"?

schoolgirl and LilyG - Doesn't it seem a little early to be getting ready for Christmas? I remember when you didn't hear much about Christmas until after Thanksgiving, now it is after Halloween. I love Christmas, just wish we gave more importance to Thanksgiving.

We went to see "The Legend of Bagger Vance" over the weekend. I think I have turned into a redneck because we both just kind of looked at each other when it was over. It was good, but maybe a bit too symbolic for us--as my DH said, "Not one good car chase!"

Ordered two pies to take to my sister's for Thanksgiving. Trying not to be around good food longer than I have to be.

Friday I read through a few posts on another thread! Do you know how many cranky fussy people there are on other posts? Thank goodness for you all!

I had a nice surprise on Friday night. My schoolteacher son and his wife (been married almost a year) took us out to eat. They had disappointed us very much when they told us they couldn't go on vacation with extended family the week of July 4th, that they had a job they just couldn't turn down. This, after they had been so excited about going. Well, guess what! She is pregnant and due July 4th! But they are not wanting to tell anybody until Christmas. So, we have to keep it a big secret through Thanksgiving. I am so excited!

Glenda

[This message has been edited by survivor (edited 11-20-2000).]
Old 11-20-2000, 10:43 PM   #10  

Well Glenda, no one in my family tells me any exciting secrets like that cause I get so excited I forget to keep my mouth shut! They tell me it isn't even fun anymore to trick me into telling them what their presents are. Apparently it is easy to do.
Congratulations on the new grandbaby!!
Phyllis
Old 11-21-2000, 07:27 AM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: I love Thanksgiving. Im just one of these people who refuses to go to a store after Thanksgiving. Its to crazy for me. I hate shopping with 5000 other people. So I always get it done before.

Every one have a great week! Im on my way to So. Cal for the rest of the week. So for the ones celebrating Thanksgiving have a great one and enjoy!

Later!
Old 11-21-2000, 10:20 AM   #12  
Net browser

Hi everybody: My Son and DIL got back from their trip today and the children were happy to see them. I spent some time today sewing the cuddleskin PJ's for my Son's birthday and managed to get the top done. I'll try and get the bottoms done tomorrow morning. They don't take long. Phyllis it's ok to fall off the "wagon" once in a while just climb back on as soon as you can. We've all been there. Lela Since you are putting your tree up so early do you have an artificial one? I still put up a real one so mine doesn't usually go up until a week and half or so before Christmas and I generally take it down a couple of days after Boxing Day. Boy is it ever dried out. Almost all the trees in our area come from "tree farms" and I think they must cut them done in August they are so dry.
Glenda your kids were right, that is one JOB they HAVE to do. I'll bet your DIL works harder on JUly 4th then your Son. LOL. Is the rest of the family still going to go away with a new baby coming? ?
Lily Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your time away.
Siggi you haven't been around for awhile, I guess you must be working.
Well its WW day tomorrow and after that Tea Time. I'll say good-night, talk to you tomorrow.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 11-20-2000).]
Old 11-21-2000, 10:36 AM   #13  

Good news - I reached my 10% goal tonight
I don't have to worry too much about Thanksgiving dinner 'cause our kids won't be here. DD & hubby are going to his family, one son has to work (3 hrs. away), and our other son will be in town, but going to his bride's grandma's house. So, it's just us and maybe my 93 year old mother (if she's up to it). DH says not to fuss, we'll go out, I want to do the whole turkey thing. However, the trade-off is that they'll all be home for Christmas!!!!!
It has been frigid here, with snow and ice. It's suppose to be 5 degrees tonight.
We went an bought a fiber optic Christmas tree. I can't believe it. It's 4 feet tall and will go on a table (to keep the pups away from it). I'm thinking about putting my Dicken's Village up around it. Still looking for a tree skirt - hint, hint.... We won't decorate til after Thanksgiving though. I like to leave my Fall decorations up through Nov.
Have a good week everybody, and start saving those points now for Turkey Day
Old 11-21-2000, 10:51 AM   #14  
Net browser

DOXIE Congrats to you for getting your 10%~~~~~Way to go.
Slavika
Old 11-21-2000, 06:19 PM   #15  

Morning all,
Though I'd stop by before I left for school, and wish everyone a good day.

Glenda I guess for me the holidays is a catch 22. I too like thanksgiving and wish that Christmas didn't over run it, on the other hand as a crafter I have to get started early to have thing made of the shows , and this year with school it seems like I have even less time to get things done.

slavika I use a real tree, never got in to using the fake ones. most of the time they do pretty good, but this is the first year that we will put it up before Dec. 1st so we'll see how it does.

LilyG Happy Thanksgiving enjooy your time in S.Cal, wish I was going with you that is where my DS and is family is.

Doxie doxie congratulation on reaching your 10%

well better get dress and head off to school,
everyone have a good day
lela
Closed Thread