Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #1  

Default What will you do when you reach your goal?

I don’t know about ya’ll, but it’s been pretty motivational for me to think about things I will be able to do once I reach my goal weight. Here’s a list:
1. Buy my self a whole new wardrobe with some expensive pieces that can be worn for years to come instead of just something to cover my flab.
2. Wear those slinky Carrie Bradshaw shoes.
3. Stop being so reclusive and get back to the outgoing me that I used to be “before”.
4. Pick up some ridiculous hobby like base-jumping.
What about everyone else, feel like sharing some of your plans for the soon-to-be new you?
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #2  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

I'm with you on the new wardrobe! The items of clothing I am looking forward to wearing are hipster jeans and slim fitting slacks. I'd love to get a pair of Carrie shoes also but seeing as my feet have always been broad, they may remain only a fantasy . I'm also going to buy some slim fitting long sleeve T's and maybe have my hair cut into a short pixie style.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #3  
Fat-be-gone

I love these lists. LOL It gives me something to look forward to.

1. I'm going on a major shopping spree. Not to Lane Bryant, but to all those little cute clothing boutiques, Forever 21, ny & Co, etc, etc.

2. I'm going dancing with my boyfriend wearing the sexiest dress or outfit ever.

3. I'm going to wear a bathing suit (hopefully a bikini ) on our trip to Los Angeles and Miami.

That's about it for right now!!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #4  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Let my husband see me naked and not be concerned about what's jiggling where, making mental excuses, or rushing to turn the lights out...
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #5  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I think I'll dance everywhere for a few days. That sounds good to me.

After that... new clothes. Definitely new clothes. Who knows what else. I'll see when I get there
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #6  

One more I forgot:
I will own an actual dress, not a mu-mu mind you, but a real sexy slinky feminine number made out of something silky and flowy. Something that will make my skin happy just puting it on.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Even before I reach my final goal, I will be happy when:
  • I can ride all the rides at an amusement park without fear of not fitting
  • I can but clothes in regular sizes instead of "plus" sizes only
  • I can walk into a store like Express or Pac Sun and not have the people who work there look at me like I am a 6-headed alien
  • I wear layers because it's stylish, not because I'm hiding
  • I can go to a doctor and not have them ask me why I'm not on WW (yes, my gyn asked me that last year)
  • I can wear sexy lingerie for my boyfriend that is sheer/see-through without thinking he's just going to see my rolls through it
  • I can buy cute bras
  • I don't feel the need to wear a t-shirt over my bathing suit while swimming
  • My doctors don't have to use "the big cuff" to check my blood pressure accurately (just happened at my gyn appointment a couple weeks ago)
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

my dreams are as follows:

1) to buy a much more hip and fitting wardrobe.
2) to fit nicely in a two peice bathing suit
3) to be getting out of the pool in front of my ex-squeeze so I can watch his mouth drop open from all the weight i've lost and hear him tell me how hot I look.

and that's all i've thought about since deciding to drop the weight. I should seriously put some thought into what I want to accomplish after dropping the weight I want to drop.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:43 PM   #9  

When I reach my goal I'm going to walk proudly in all those "skinny" stores with my head high and find an outrageously SEXY outfit and buy it. And I WILL take a picture and I WILL post it here.
~Shawna~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'll probably first come to 3fc and tell all of you
And then I'm gonna buy a pile of tank tops that hug my torso!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:46 PM   #11  

Get a tummy tuck. Get a back tattoo. And then find some way to show both of them off.
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:20 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720

I can walk into a store like Express or Pac Sun and not have the people who work there look at me like I am a 6-headed alien
I'm so with you on the "Skinny" stores. I've tried going in to one to buy my self an inspirational outfit (you know, something i can hang in my closet and pull out when I'm not feeling so hot and think about how I will be able to wear it one day), but those skinny bi****s looked at me like I'm from another planet. I had to pretend I'm shopping for my "sister" and get the heck out of there as soon as possible.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #13  
LLV

What am I looking forward to? Upping my calories to maintain, lol!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaV
I'm so with you on the "Skinny" stores. I've tried going in to one to buy my self an inspirational outfit (you know, something i can hang in my closet and pull out when I'm not feeling so hot and think about how I will be able to wear it one day), but those skinny bi****s looked at me like I'm from another planet. I had to pretend I'm shopping for my "sister" and get the heck out of there as soon as possible.
Yeah...I've noticed certain stores are worse than others. There are some store I can usually go in without feeling weird (Aeropostale is one--their employees usually seem nice enough), but then there are the ones like Pac Sun where I just feel SO out of place--their employees are always so condescending-looking--and I used to shop there all the time for tongue rings, which DO fit me
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #15  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Give my hubby a reason to day "dang" at me instead of another woman!!!!!! in the new jeans I am going to buy...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote