Old 02-07-2006, 12:36 PM   #1  
Megan

S/C/G: 196/188/160

Question exercise question

hey all I asked my center today what would happen if I started working out again. The woman who I was with today (who happens to be my least favorite) said that I cant do weight training and that I cant go more than 5 hours a week doing cardio . I understand that doing WT adds muscle weight but thats a good thing so why the heck would she say I cant do that? Its not a huge deal really I was just curious.

Also I am drinking a V8 splash right now, how much trouble am I going to get in for that?
30lbsby22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #2  

ok, you CAN do anything that is healthy for you and they CANNOT tell you you can't do it. What they need to do is get off their butts and figure out how to change you plan to help you reach your weightloss and physical health goals. Ok, off the COD rant.

With Weight training you will gain muscle and you will show a lesser scale loss, but the inches will definitly make up for what the scale isn't showing. This also causes some problems with trying to figure out the right amount of food for you to eat. Also you CAN do as much cardio as you want and they again just need to fix your plan for it. When you go over 5 hours, they are supposed to move you up in plan color, but if you feel you need to move before or after then tell them so.

You pay them, they work for you, make them work, you should be able to do whatever type of healthy living you want and they need to make the plan fit your lifestyle....that is what they advertise right
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #3  

how is the nutrition info compared to the regular V8...i don't do v8 at all so i can't help much except for asaying to compare the too...I think Mary drinks it religiously so she might be able to help you.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #4  

Oh that is BS! Although I must admit that once I started exercising, my WL has slowed to almost a halt. But I'm also at the end, so the combo of exercise and close to goal is not really a good place to be.

I lost 30 lbs in 4 mos without doing a lick of exercise. Then I started and have managed to lose only 10 more lbs in the past 4 months.

I haven't done much weight training, although I do want to. I am running about 3 - 3 1/2 miles, 4 times a week. That is less than 5 hours, but they put me on Blue (from gold) to compensate. I just don't think I do a good job staying on plan anymore - and exercise makes me hungry.

I think one of the reasons they downplay exercise is because people who don't normally do it, start up at the same time they go on plan .. well, that may just be too much change at first and you might be quicker to go off plan. My advice is to really get the diet under control and then slowly add the exercise.

Although, it's INSANE to tell a person that they cannot do something that is so good for the body. I think I'd have to say something to that gal!
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:00 PM   #5  

Call the 800# and they will make them change your plan.....the muscle crap is BS you will not gain that much weight if any from adding muscle....you will burn more fat and lose inches even if the pounds are not coming off
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 292.8/215.1/165

I was also told the 5 hour cadio thing, but I was told something a little different. They just said they would need to know if I was doing more than 5 hours a week. I'm not sure if they would make me switch plans or what.

I also lost weight when I didn't exercise for about 3 months, but I feel better when I do! The losses (according the scale), definitely slowed down when I started exercising again. However, you definitely lose inches! There's nothing better than putting on a pair of jeans and they fit better, even when the scale isn't showing it!
ChrissyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:24 AM   #7  

If you do more then 5 hours they will move you to the red plan..I lose better whn I don't exercise but I know that it is the key to keeping it off for good and it have many benifits
Gymgurl is offline   Reply With Quote