Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Fabulous Forties #76

Since we went to page 2, I am re-posting my post from #75

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoe
Hello my friends ~

Another much needed weekend is here. I have had such a stressful week and between these horrific events in our country and the events at work last week, my eating has been so bad. I have not been OP AT ALL! As a matter of fact, I've been eating like I was trying to gain weight!

Terri ~ I'm so sorry about your bladder infection. Those are not fun. I hope you're feeling better now, hopefully very soon. Yes, cranberry juice is wonderful that that.

Dianne ~ We've been to Vegas before but the difference this time is that it was a mini family reunion and my sister was going to get married there next week. Her and I had a great relationship but online/email only. We live 1800 miles from each and haven't seen each other in YEARS! I was really looking forward to it. She will be planning a trip to FL around the end of March so we'll plan to be there too.

Hi Janie, Jen and Essie and all the other 'lost souls' we haven't heard from. Have a great weekend. It's been alittle cool here , like fall may be coming........halloween, Thanksgiving, cooler weather....yeah!!

Love,
Patti <><
Old 09-29-2001, 10:11 AM   #2  

Since you took us to a new thread I am re-posting my message since it was written at the same time as yours although it is the last one on page 1. Love the candy corn.
This is a hard time of year Patti to lose but I know you can do it.
I am so sorry about your vacation. That must be rough. Hope you get to all meet in Fl.

------------------------------------------------------------
Essie,
The puppies were cute huh.
It has to be a phase. Could be all the birthing parts of shows I make her watch. David will find the right one. You'll see.
It will just hit him. Good thing he doesn't have a biological clock.
He is still so young.

Hi ALL!
I lost 1.5#
Brandon gained 1/2#.
2 weeks ago he gained 1/2 and then last week he lost 1/2
and then this week he gained that same 1/2 pound back and he gets this little look on his face and said
"Has this ever happened to you before mommy?"
Oh I had to get out of there before I laughed. I came back in and said "Oh yes! and then some." Such innocence.
I told him I wanted him to stay around this weight cause he looks good and he will grow taller and the rest of his little tummy will slim out. It is barely sticking out now.
He said "I will runner more at football practice." So that can't hurt.
Brittany hasn't gotten out of bed yet. I'll report her progress if she lets me. lol
Terri
194.6/140/135

Last edited by points; 09-29-2001 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-29-2001, 11:36 AM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Terri, we musta been typing at the same time.....sorry. Congrats on your losing 1.5 pounds!! Good job!
Old 09-29-2001, 04:12 PM   #4  

Thanks so much!!!!

Terri
Old 09-29-2001, 07:29 PM   #5  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Yes Terri, congrats on your loss. Just 5 lbs. to your goal weight. How exciting!
Old 09-30-2001, 10:13 AM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri, congrats on another loss. You're almost there! how exciting for you. We all know how hard it is to be successful at this, you're doing so great

Zoe, it is a shame you couldn't get to see your sister. Things do have a way of working out, hope it happens in March for you. Wow, you said it for both of us about eating like you were trying to gain weight That's the place I've been in for the past 2 weeks.

Just viewed the video Joey recorded last night of Brandon's birthday celebration....I can see in my face how I'm carrying the weight....it definitely ages me nothing like watching yourself eating chocolate cake.......what a kick in the butt. Now I've got to keep that image in mind and let it work for me. Yep, another Monday coming, another fresh start...... I'm the queen of fresh starts.

Hi to Essie, Dianne, Myra, Janie....Joyce, where are you?

have a good Sunday

~Jen
Old 09-30-2001, 03:59 PM   #7  

Angry

Hi Buddies

Jen, I don't let anyone take pictures of me anymore. I use to, but in the past 2 yrs I gained my weight so unless I can lose the 20 lbs. I gained I won't be in videos or pictures. I have completely lost my motivation. I'm still exercising which is why I've maintained but I just don't have it in me anymore. Every morning I wake up with a positive attitude saying to myself this is it but by the afternoon it goes right out the window. Include me in when you say the Queen of fresh starts!

Terri, I don't know how you do it. What ever motivates you send it my way. You too Myra. What did it take for you to make up your mind to Just Do It? Please tell me.

Don't Say A Word was such a good movie. I love Michael Douglas. It was suspenseful from beginning to end. It's worth going to see.

Zoe, I went to the website ClipArt (attachments) but I couldn't figure it out. It doesn't give you any instructions. Sorry to hear you can't be at your sister's wedding. At least you have something to look forward to come March.

Well, let me go check out a couple of sites then I'm going to relax & watch a movie.

Have a good evening

Hi Myra, JanieD, Dianne & Joyce

Mom4, where are you? Hope all is well.
Old 09-30-2001, 07:03 PM   #8  
Lifetimer

For me the first step was the 5-HTP. It gave me the ability to be in better control. Before that it was impossible to eat within my range. Then I started not counting my activity points. That helped a lot. But the real boost was once I started seeing the numbers on the scale go down. I truly believe that success begats success. There is nothing like people noticing that you are losing to keep you motivated.

Hang in there. It will eventually click for you. It took me about four years of struggling before it clicked for me.
Old 10-01-2001, 12:43 AM   #9  

Well Essie,

My "That's it moment" was a health issue. The kids wanted me to run around in the back yard and I couldn't do it. My feet were hurting after I would get out of bed and I had enough. I was just plain sick of not feeling well. I always told myself that I wouldn't get above 199. (Almost did- 194.6) The closest I ever got to that was when Bradley was about to be born. I was 198 and I had an 8 pound baby inside. This time there was no baby. It was a wake up call for sure. I know now that it will never be over. This is it and it is up to me and only me. The hardest part is coming up. Maintaining the loss. That is where I get in the most trouble.
I WILL do it this time.
Thanks for the movie review. When she says "I'll never tell."it sends shivers.

Thanks Myra and Jen.
I don't think I have been in a video in years. They are
Hate them.
Hope you had a great party for Brandon. We are all queens of the "Fresh starts" let's let someone else take over the reigns for awhile. You can do it!!!!
Myra,
Doesn't that click sound wonderful. Congrats!

TTYL,
Terri
Old 10-01-2001, 04:47 AM   #10  

Smile

Thanks Myra & Terri. I tell you, there is nothing like feeling like a total failure & having a group like we have here to support us & tell us we can do it. You are the greatest

Jen, here's to Monday our fresh start day! I have my journal out & I'm going to the gym with Pete after work.

Myra, I better start counting those activity points! I usually don't. Thanks for the tip.

Be back later.

Have a great day everybody
Old 10-01-2001, 05:23 AM   #11  
Lifetimer

Actually what I did was stop counting activity points. They just got me in trouble. When I ate activity points I didn't lose. Now that I just ignore them, I do a lot better.
Old 10-01-2001, 08:57 AM   #12  

That is so true Myra. I hate to eat my activity points. I don't want to do all that work just to eat them.

Essie,
Noone is ever a failure especially on here. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Terri
Old 10-01-2001, 11:00 AM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

That's what I like about being here....no judgement, just support.

Essie, today's a fresh start for both of us!

Terri, Myra, thanks for the support, I can only say again how much you've both inspired me. All I can do is hope it's contagious!

Yes, those videos are awful, yet because of the boys, we seem to have the camcorder out quite often. We didn't own one when our kids were growing up, so we are having fun taping the boys. The worst was the first time in the pool last month.......me in my suit. Guys just don't get it, do they? At any rate, there is no avoiding the camera around here, which should be motivation enough for me!

Have a great Monday!

~Jen
Old 10-01-2001, 12:48 PM   #14  

Terri,
Congrats on your loss. I didn't know you were so close to your goal. Way to go girl!!!!

HI Ladies,
As long as we are all telling about what got us motivated with WW, I will tell you my story. As most of you know I had a miscarriage about 1 year ago after 4 years of trying to get pregnant. Of course I was mourning the baby, but I was also feeling terrible about myself and I felt that I was not an adequate woman, and really felt I had lost all my sexuality. I couldn't do the main thing that women are put on earth to do. Even when I had ELlen I had a terrible delivery and was told don't even try natural birth again. (All right, I know this sounds melodramatic, but that is how i felt.) I naturally went to food for comfort and gained more weight than I had ever had in my life.

Around the beginning of July a guy at work, Wally, whom I hardly knew except to say hello to, asked me for my phone number. I of course was flattered but told him I'm married and thanks but no thanks. Even though I did absolutely nothing wrong, I still felt guilty and told Steve about the whole thing. Well, he laughed at me. I was furious. At that point I decided that if my husband thought it was funny that other guys found me attractive, I was going to give him something to worry about. I think that is why he has been so nice and been so attentive about noticing my weight loss. Well at least I can say that Wally gave me back my sense of value as a woman. I still see Wally at work and we have become friends, but he says he wouldn't have asked if he knew I was married. We just laugh about it now.

Anyway that is my story, for what it is worth. At 43 I was feeling that my life was over and one cute guy (he's 34 by the way) woke me up to realize I needed to take care of myself.

Have a great OP monday everyone,

JanieD
Old 10-01-2001, 08:21 PM   #15  

Smile

JanieD, what a story!!! A 34 yr. old checking you out, that's pretty cool See, even then you were beautiful. I know you didn't feel like you were but somebody else did.

Myra, I misunderstood about the activity points. I guess I won't count them either. I can see where I can get into trounle knowing I have 8 extra pts!

Jen, I did pretty good today. Not 100% but I did okay I went to the gym & did the treadmill for 1 hr. on a high incline. I guess I'm making excuses huh Tomorrow I'm aiming for 100%.

Terri, thanks for not seeing me as a failure. That means alot

Hi Dianne, Zoe & Joyce

Hugs,
Essie
Closed Thread