Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Losing for April Fools! Wk 7, Feb 6,2006

WELCOME!

Losing for April Fools
Challenge Group!

We are a group of determined people who have set a goal to reach within the next 48 days (8 weeks).

Everyone is welcome to join in at anytime during the challenge. All you need to do is set a goal for yourself. It can be weight loss, exercise, or maintenance; whatever it is you need support and motivation for.

We are all here working hard to stay strong and motivated and supporting each other is the best way to do this. Come as often as you can, post as much as you can and make 2006 the year of health and happiness for you!

We will post a new thread each Monday.

It is a documented fact that people who set goals are the most successful. Goals give you long-term vision and short-term motivation. By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and take pride in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed a long pointless grind. By setting goals, you will also raise your self-confidence, as you recognize your ability and competence in achieving the goals that you have set.
(From Mind tools)

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.” Anonymous

Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #2  
Losing for Life!

It is time to recommit yourself!

6 weeks into the challenge with 8 weeks left to go people! I have noticed that we are slowing down and not posting as much and I guess the wind has gone out of the sails for some of us. I know the enthusiasm wanes a bit as time goes on but it is important to keep your spirits up and stay focused on your goals.

It can be very hard to keep yourself motivated so you need to find ways to encourage yourself. One of those things is to keep coming here. You made a commitment to reach a goal and we all want to help you get there. Another way to keep yourself on target is to get clear on what you really want, if you really know what you want then nothing can stand in your way. Successful people don't wait for the situation to improve. And they don't complain about it. They simply take action to improve the situation. Choose to be successful!

We do have a lot of success in this group and our total weight loss so far is 335.31 pounds!

If we can lose that amount in just 6 weeks, imagine the number we shall have at the end of the 8 weeks remaining in the challenge! It is time to reaffirm your commitment to yourself and stay strong and focused!

This quote by Ralph Marston may encourage some of you:

Start now
You'll get it done, if you start right now. Yes, there's so much to do. The task at the moment seems insurmountable. But there's no time to worry or fret. Get on with it. Get started right now.
Your actions can take you where your thoughts dare not even dream you'll go, if you'll get started now. It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be done. If you wait and worry, nothing will come. Look up, speak up, stand up, and make it happen.
Achievement is in the doing. Don't wait idly for it to be delivered -- that delivery will never come. Do what you can right now, no matter how little it may seem to be. There is something you can do. Though you can think of a thousand reasons not to, start now, and you're on your way.
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #3  

Thanks so much, Sheri, for your wise and motivating words. 335+ pounds is really awesome and I'm proud that a couple of those are mine. I hope I can contribute more in the next 8 weeks!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #4  

Down to 148.
racegirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #5  
dgpebbles

well my Feb goal of 1000 minutes of exercise is going great...so far I'm already at 295....I've been doing great on eating everyday till today...I broke down and ate ice cream but I'm still at the right amount of calories for the day..

racegirl - congrats on hitting your valentine goal already..your doing great
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #6  

I'm not doing so well but I'm still here. I am recommitting as of Monday morning.
AnVy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #7  

Hi all
I am still on plan! Week 2 of BFL! and going strong!

355 pounds! great job!
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/176/143

Default still here as well

Well I was doing well but totaly lost it over the weekend and have to get myself back in control.
Great to hear how well everyone else has been doing.
chaarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:25 AM   #9  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I am still here not loseing any but still working on it I hope that I can get back to walking after this week is over the trade show will ship soon and I can get back to normal I am up early to get started on it....it comeing down to the wire and I have lots still to do....I have been doing well on my eating and I will stay with it..I hope you are all well.
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:08 AM   #10  
dgpebbles

wel I weight today and I'm down 1.5lbs...I'm not going to change my ticker cause I bought a new scale and it is 1.5lbs off from my old one..I'm going to stick with the new scale from here on out so hopefully I can change it next week....I going to be stronger this week with my eating.

have a great day everyone
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #11  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Hi all! Im still doing good. I bought a bunch of snacks yesterday for the Super Bowl and I thought I would have gone WAY over my points, but did I? Nope, ate my points and like 9 FlexPoints, so im good! I was proud of myself. I ate JUST till I was full. Normally I would have eaten all that I could!! Congrats on everyones Weight Loss!! My weigh in is tomorrow, and I cant wait!!

Talk soon!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #12  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls .. just a quick check in for now. No weight loss to report this week and I'm a little bummed about it ... I know we're all going to have weeks like this but this is the 1st week in many that I've not had a loss and it stinks!
I wasn't able to exercise like I needed b/c I pulled/strained a quad muscle in my left leg last Wednesday when we were bowling ... thank goodness it's feeling better now!
Speaking of working out ... I bought a balance ball and a jump rope today. Did you know that you can burn upto 1000 calories for an hour of jump rope? It's been yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs since I've done it - I'll probably break my neck or something! lol

Anyway ...
CONGRATS to everyone for your losses .... you're doing just a fabulous job!
I'll be back after supper to do some personals.
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #13  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

OMGosh Sheri ... I'm freakin' out now! I didn't realize that there's ONLY 8 wks left in our Challenge - Yikes!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #14  

Another one bites the dust! I weighed at the Y and I'm down another pound, so that's 3.5 for me. Woohoooooo! And I'm kind of amazed because I was traveling all last week for my job and it is so hard not to gain when I'm traveling. But I also walked everywhere while I was there, so that helped a lot.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:44 PM   #15  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I just finished week 1 of my weightloss journey, and lost 3 pounds. 12 more pounds to go, in 8 weeks? I think I can do that.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote