View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #9
Jean

Good Evening, Flowers! We went to an "all the walleye you can eat" restaurant tonight with another couple, so I am late getting in here. I had the day from he** at school -- the teacher I work most with was sick and I was going to sub for the half day of 17 minute classes. It seems the office hired a sub for a teacher who wasn't gone and he waltzed into my room during 2nd hour and announced he was the sub. I can't stand him -- he is arrogant, thinks he knows it all, and is a poor comedian etc., etc., etc. He likes to talk sports and I finally spoke up and said, "this isn't a football class and the students had assignments to work on!" I was totally po'd by the time 11:30 rolled around. I grabbed my coat and purse and told him the door was locked, so shut it on his way out! It's a good thing I didn't have to have my blood pressure taken! We spent the afternoon wasting time rehashing how to get students to do their assignments on time, assign less detention, etc. The ideas all sound good but to get them to work is another story. I was ready for a stiff drink by the time I finally left at 4:30. There is a pile waiting on my desk and I don't even care! I am subbing (I think!) Mon. and Tue. for the same teacher as her daughter just had a baby.

'Gma' -- Our weather has turned cold again . . . 19 degrees as I type with a north wind. Brrrrry! I had to laugh at Butterscotch getting into your yarn while you were gone. I wouldn't like the sick day fiasco either! I personally think the big businesses redo their policies for their own convenience. I have 130 sick days and will never have any more nor will I get paid for what I don't use. Some will use days here 'n there when they know they are leaving or will retire, but I can't do that without feeling guilty.

We are going to a waffle breakfast tomorrow morning and it is my day to work in the hospital gift shop. The kids and grandkids will be here in the afternoon to celebrate Bob and Will's birthdays. I play bells at late church on Sunday so my time won't be my own until after noon sometime. I don't know if I can wait that long!

I hope you all have a relaxing weekend!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote