Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Weight Loss and Chit Chat #165

Welcome to Jaded Ladies

Join us in our chit chat about weight loss and daily life celebrations!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-02-2006 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Ok, I am exhausted.

Chat tomorrow- hope you all have a good day!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #3  
ugggg.....

Posted this only to find the chat moved--copy & paste is wonderful!! Hope the story still makes sense...hot guy in the maitenance dept at Susan's job...

My husband works in Plant Services--he is a machinist/mechanic and keeps all the presses and other machinery running. I work at the same place in a different department and started several months after he did. I was doing some overtime down in our shipping department trying to get more familiar with our products when two of the girls asked me if I get mad easy...I said not usually. Then they asked me if I was the jealous kind..I said sometimes. Then they wanted to make me promise that I wouldn't get mad if they told me something...I told them I couldn't promise before I knew what it was. Then they proceeded to tell me that the two of them had taken off to the beach (one was married, the other recently divorced) , while there they were playing the who would you be with if neither of you were married with the guys at work and my husband was the top of the charts. I laughed and told them that he was not as perfect at home as he was at work and that there were days that I would gladly give him to them. We all laughed and that was the end of it. Since them the divorced one has left and the married lady still calls my husband "Teddy Bear" because it makes him blush. My DH has shown his temper a few times in the 11 years that we have worked here and at 6'2', 240 lbs there are a few that walk away from him when he gets mad. The married lady says he is still the hottest!

Sorry I can't stay longer--it's break and I just got over the flu (missed two days work) too many individuals to catch up on.

Good luck to all of you with your job opportunity choices--In two years DH & I will have everything paid off and I would like to either go back to school for something different or get a job closer to home--hate driving the highway to and from work and he would like to start his own business!!
Old 02-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #4  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Susan, you think we were living dangerously cause we were close to crashing? I have to tell you are special...you make me laugh. And I know you are going through some chitty stuff and yet your sense of humour is even more wicked then normal.

Jules,,,had some young girl tell me she thought my husband was hot,,had a great chest and so on. Would of been ok if she hadn't gone and told him that too...geeh it was hard living with him after that...lol

Anyways as I was saying about sense of humour. When Im nervous I tend to think up crazy things and laugh uncontrolably...as in yesterday. Nurse is sitting there telling me that I should of had my blood taken months ago so that when I needed a blood transfusion I would be able to use my own...hmmm this is the same woman who made me step on the scale in the weighting room and loudly tell everyone my weight,,,,yes this is the same woman who asked me loudly if my birthdate was right which she then said out loud. *sigh I think in the court of law I could of gotten away with the murder wrap. Anyways my blood pressure was up...hmmm I wonder why.
So this lil (guy who will put me to sleep) guy comes in to the room,,,swear Tanner is bigger then him. I stood up next to him and his eyes were level with my chest,,,I couldn't even get mad at him for looking there,,,his neck must hurt. Anyways he told him that he would but an IV in and once I was asleep he would put a tube down my throat. Well I start laughing,,,and told him that would work better then them trying to put the tube down my throat before I was asleep,,someone would definetly get hurt. Im laughing till almost tears and hes just looking at me... no smile. ahemmm ok

Some people just don't have a sense of ha ha ....
Old 02-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #5  
Give me strength

ph ya did i mention to you all how much of a wimp I am at scary movies? I can say I haven't been to a scary movie in 20 years.
so today one of my favorite cast members called to ask if I wanted to use up her free movie passes to this one movie...SURE! ya well after she tells me what its for,,,ummm Anyone remember that scary movie called WHEN A STRANGER CALLS? well itss baaack! and Im going to it tonight cause she made fun of me till I said yes....I guess I won't be sleeping for awhile.
I have to go back to Sylvan Saturday, One of our family friends passed away a couple days ago. Very sad. Tanner was upset,,,as he said it,,,Bobby and I were tight. I personally think Bobby is in a better place,,,he was suffering terribly, so Im going ther to celebrate his life.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #6  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

I've been so busy these past few days . . . sorry for neglecting you all! We're in the process of packing here . . . we're moving! Yay! Can't wait!
Julie- I've had friends tell me that my husband is "hot", It only bothers me when they keep on saying it! One of my friends tells me all the time that hes so hott . . . so good looking . . . Um? Yeah, and he's mine! Back off Girly!
Allen crawled backwards today! He'll be on the move soon!
Old 02-03-2006, 01:25 AM   #7  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here quickly.

we are going down state this weekend, so I will try to check back in before we leave, if not, then on Sunday. I haven't stepped on the scale since last week, but I took my measurements, and I have lost three inches in my waiste! And I no longer have my HUGE tire around my belly. It now looks just like a pouch, like it did before I was pregnant with Brandon.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:49 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls!

All this talk about "hot" hubby's....I think it's time for some pictures!!

Now, I can't remember who said what in the last thread, so I"m just going to reply to the ones on this one. (sorry)

Jules--I find it bizarre when women ask such crazy questions like that. But it's good that it wasn't so bad and that you all laughed about it. I've had girls at work (when James & I used to work together) who always commented on his arms. They always wanted to touch his biceps. And I always encouraged it....I was proud of those biceps (which belong to me by the way!)

Angie--I had to laugh at your post! Your lil guy was probably still mesmerized by your girls to even laugh w/you! I would have laughed w/ya...others laughing is contagious, even if I don't get whats going on!

Mel--Where you moving to?? Are you moving far? Well keep us updated when you're settled in. Glad it's something you're excited about.

Mindee--Come back when you can. Just remember that they are doing a server change over the weekend, so you may have a hard time getting in.

Hello to everyone else!!

One more day of this week and it's over! I'm so glad that it's finally here. Been busy. Today was actually a good day. Went home earlier than usual but later than my normal! Crazy I tell ya.
Saturday I'm suppose to meet up w/a friend for coffee in the morning....I told her it will have to be in the afternoon instead, I don't even get up early anymore. (sucks)

My plans are to get to the next room of "Clean Sweep" the dreaded office room. I want to throw away so much crap and take a bunch to goodwill. Why have stuff you don't use?? Anyone watch Dr. Phil the other day? It was about hoarders. I just about called into work to just to clean my house!! Shocking! And whats sad it that I've known people just like that.

Ok...time for me to get some sleep.

Have a great Friday!
Old 02-03-2006, 08:10 AM   #9  
ugggg.....

Angie--I like the idea of celebrating a person's life.
I grew up on horror movies. When I was a kid at the babysitters, there was a thing after the soaps called Money Movie 7, and they would do a different theme each week. The only times we were allowed to take our supper and go watch were Elvis weeks, short holiday weeks when they showed the few Beatles movies and the horror weeks because those were the ones Ruby (the babysitter) couldn't miss.
Mel--I could tell you a few stories about when attention to my hubby got the best of me and a few other funny ones about the things some people will say that just make you stare at them with no comment...as I have said before--treasure the moments with Allen--they grow up way too fast!!
Mindee--way to go with the 3 inches!!!
Marti--I was really insecure after I gained so much weight after my daughter and these skinny girls were hitting on him, but then I realized the kind of person he is...not to say that even after 20 years I don't make it be known that a female needs to back off. I am doing the clean sweep too--for me it's the empty nesting since the kids have left. We have one small room where I put in metal shelves and have boxed up alot of things--each of my kids have a container with old papers, report cards, awards & art projects from school I have also gone through my closet and sent alot of stuff to Goodwill and am slowly buying more flattering things according to the "What Not to Wear" rules--I love the BBC version!! It's amazing how much stuff we collect over the years. My mother is a pack rat, but even she is going through stuff now that she is retired. My brother has never married and lives with her. She says she doesn't want us to have to go through everything. I am taking a couple days vacation in April to go down and go through my old stuff. My son has laid claim on my old books and records.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:07 AM   #10  

Hi ladies,

It's been a horrible week. Late Mon. night I had to admit my husband to a local mental health hospital. The last few weeks have been bad for him & he finally had a "melt-down". There wasn't a bed available at the first centerj, so we had to go to a different one another 20 miles away. By the time I got home it was 3:30 AM & DD was bringing Chloe at 4:30 AM. (She had to work overtime this week before her shift started) I wasn't too "with it" at work that day & then drove to the hospital. He wasn't doing good at all, so that was even more stressful.

Each day has gotten a little bit better. At this facility, which is new and really nice, his psychiatrist is the attending physician. So she is able to keep a close eye on him. He is getting dismissed tomorrow morning, I hope it's not too soon. There are a few other patients there who are client's at the agency where I work so it's like "old home week" when I visit. I have to call the insurance dept. because there is a problem since we had to go to a different county. Always red tape.

Unfortunately, I really pigged out yesterday. I'm definately an emotional, stress eater. DUH!!

My supervisor insisted I take yesterday and part of today off because I'm totally exhausted. She is a very caring person. I didn't argue. So I will go into work about 2PM today until 5 PM and then drive to the hospital for evening visitations. Then it is about a 40 mi. drive back to our house. I'm not sure what time I have to be there in the morning to pick him up but I guarantee you I'm not setting my alarm clock!!

RosieKate: Re: the duct tape & diapers. All of us have used tape on a diaper. At a local day care center here there is a BIG scandal right now because a worker used duct tape on a diaper & a small portion stuck to the baby's skin. The parents went ballistic & took the baby to the ER. The worker was fired, the daycare center might be closed down. They are talking charges of abuse, neglect, etc. Talk about being blown out of preportion!!! It is soooo stupid!

Well I hope the next time I post I have happier news.

Connie
Old 02-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #11  
Give me strength

Holy Smokes!! I just had my phone interview and I swear I was aging..45 minutes of pain. BUT I have another interview with her next week. I even told her about my surgery and she didn't seem to be worried about that.

The movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...not that Im gonna stand in line for the next scary show. Brokeback Mountain is on my agenda.

Connie,,,you need to take care of you too...Im sorry things with your DH are as they are. Its good that you have a caring boss...that does go a long way.

have to make this quick,,,off to SAIT open house...need to refresh my computer skills.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:20 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Morning ladies...

Nothing much to say...again, same old, same old...have lots of laundry to get done today and some cleaning. Then when V gets home we are going to look at a house. Turned down the one job, hoping I get a call back for the other. If not, oh well. Not a big loss and I am sure there will be another around the corner sometime.

CONNIE...(((((HUGS))))) to you sweetie. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through, but know it must be tough.

MINDEE...I like your new avatar! I keep looking for a new one but haven't/can't find the one I am looking for. Not sure what it is, but when I find it I will know.

MEL...happy moving!

Hi to everyone else!

Take care and have a GREAT weekend!
Old 02-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Yikes,heading out to the other complex.

Very sweet of you to think I am special Angie, so sweet.

Didn't walk last night - fell asleep at 7am and woke up late. I guess this means I am just old. Dang- use to whip out those 3 miles before. Now I have to rest in between........never going to make my 100 miles this way.

Where is Ma???? She totally HAS to post.....I feel so lost without her. waaaaaa...............means I have hidden issues with wanting to go back in the womb or something. lol

I am going to go, these residents are pissing me off!!! Like , I am here to work or some darn thing - lol

yikes
Old 02-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #14  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls--

Jules--I'm really looking forward to getting rid of a lot of stuff in our rooms! I think I will feel so much better too. When you walk into a cluttered room, you start to feel some kind of anxiety, or at least I do. And I want to stop it before it gets worse. I love the BBC version of "What not to wear" Those girls are great. I've been trying to do the same, buy for my body type which is: Short and Stout....anyone want to tip me over???

Connie--My goodness! So much going on w/you. Hugs to you. Just know we are hear if you need someone to "lean" on or just need to "talk"!

Cristi--What job did you interview for?? Good luck, I hope you get it!

Susan--You funny girl....work while on the job?? For goodness sakes, they sure expect a lot of you don't they!

Ok....I have some things I need to take care of before work. It's friday and I'm really happy about that! Two days off!!

Talk w/you all next time
Old 02-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Just stopped in to say Hello and that I will be here tomorrow. Neal and I rented the movie Wedding Crashers, and he's ready, so I gotta go....

Toodles!!
Closed Thread