WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:07 AM   #1  

Question What is 123, quickstart?, winning, flex, what's the diff?

I am confused. What's the difference between all the various types of point programs? I know now it is flex, but what are the others? IT appears that some points are calculated differently, and I am baffled.

Any links or explanations?

Old 02-03-2006, 12:22 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

They are just different ways of counting the points.

I can't quite remember all the details so if anyone else knows more please feel to correct me

I believe the 123 & winning points programs gave you a daily point allotment (maximum you could eat) and you had to save up points by keeping track of any unused points for the week and by accumulating points through exercise. You could then spend these saved up points on food but once the week was up you started fresh the following week.

With flexpoints you have a minimum amount of points to eat per day and you can get extra points through exercise. You are also given 35 points per week on top of that minimum daily requirement to spend as you see fit. When that week is up any points you have not spent are gone and you start fresh the following week.

The core program does not count points per day but you are restricted to eating the foods on the core food list. You also get the 35 flexpoints which you use if you eat something that is not on the core food list.

Also there is now more of an emphasis on eating better carbs (whole grain/wheat) brown rice etc, and on exercise than there used to be on the old programs.

I honestly can't remember what Quickstart was so if any one else knows and can post about it that would be great.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu777
I am confused. What's the difference between all the various types of point programs? I know now it is flex, but what are the others? IT appears that some points are calculated differently, and I am baffled.

Any links or explanations?

1,2,3 Success and 10% Difference - original points program you had a range of points each day you could eat between the minimum (now called Target) and the maximum (difference is what now would be called FlexPoints) however the range was 7 points. Makes the maximum a week without ActivityPoints the same as FlexPoints. There was no cap on fiber with these 2 programs.

QuickStart - actually this is a name of a selection/exchange program but they have a quickstart that is at 20 points a day - no FlexPoints and no ActiivityPoints you are to utilize to jumpstart your program.

Winning Points - had a range of points each day just like 1,2,3 but your range was limited to only 5 vs 7. They also came up with a 4 gm cap on fiber to be used to calculate the points. You could also bank your ActivityPoints (not a good idea they realized).

FlexPoints (ie, 1 arm of TurnAround) is still the same program but 1) you can't bank ActivityPoitns and you no longer have a range. The range of 5 points a day is given in FlexPoints.

So in generally it is more marketing than anything.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:12 PM   #4  

So you mean in the "old days" WW had a quickstart program where people would only use 20 points a day for the first week? I wonder why they dropped that? It seems that the inspiration would be good for people's morale.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

They didn't really drop it but it is something that you get from the meetings....I forget where on their website it is but it is still around.

Actually it really does more harm than good for most.
Closed Thread