Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2000, 11:27 AM   #1  

Here's the new thread.
I look forward to hearing how everyone's weekend was
Siggi
Old 11-13-2000, 07:23 PM   #2  

Siggi....wonderful week-end, am sooo glad you started the new thread....got sooo tired of scrolling down, quit going there.

Great wk-end, looking forward to my weigh-in.

It's great to be on track....

How about you, how're you doing?

Kermit.
Old 11-14-2000, 12:32 AM   #3  
Life Time 2001

Hi all!
Was a busy weekend for me. Trying to get some Christmas shopping done.
Hopefully will get it all done by next week!

Hope all had a great weekend.
Old 11-14-2000, 01:21 AM   #4  

Hi everyone!
Still drinking my water! About to move it up a notch. Have a great day! ~~gAnne
Old 11-14-2000, 04:49 AM   #5  
Super Surfer

Hi gals, my weekend was disappointing...we were supposed to go on a little trip, but it was cancelled last minute . We rescheduled it for another time. I did some quilting in gold metallic thread on my tree skirt. It is slow going, but looking good.
Good for you Lily you are still losing at a good rate.
Lela With our Thanksgiving, I just tried to eat lots of veggies and a nice portion of turkey, but when it came to the pie...that was where the big points came in. I planned for it a couple of days before hand with the points.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, and a good Monday OP. See you later...
Old 11-14-2000, 09:51 AM   #6  

Hi everyone,
Not much is going on here in NW Iowa. Snow and icy roads have taken their toll. My meeting was cancelled, which is probably a good thing. I've been "pigging out" on cookies There was a bake sale so I bought Christmas cookies...... All the stores in town had their holiday kick-off open houses on Sunday afternoon. I can't believe it, but old-fashioned me bought a fiber optic Christmas tree for a table in my living room. With the pups, we decided that our big tree might be too tempting for them.
I plan to get back on track in the morning, 'cause to tell the truth, I feel kinda yucky (with a good dose of guilt) since my sugar binge.
Here's to a water-filled, OP, Terrific Tuesday!
Old 11-14-2000, 09:54 AM   #7  
Net browser

Hi everybody: Just got home not to long ago, DH and I went away for a little trip and some Christmas shopping. Ran into some freezing rain~~~~geez that's not fun, but we are home safe and sound and tired.
Kermit I'm glad you had a good week. I hope the "scale" appreciates your effort.
aAnne good for you for hanging in there. What are you up to these days. Do you work outside of your home, I forget.
Siggi Sometimes when the weather is damp and I feel like one big ache I wish I had a hot tub.
Schoolgirl hi there, glad your sales were good. You sure are one busy lady.
Lily Happy dance for you, down another 1.2# WTG.
Trudy sorry your plans did not work out but as you say there will be another time. Well WW tomorrow. I don't have to weigh in until the first week in December
but I will go to the meeting anyway. If MY scale is not saying obscene things to me in the morning I might even weigh in.
Dee how are you doing?
Night everybdoy......
Old 11-14-2000, 09:27 PM   #8  
Fun Blonde

Kermit - Isn't it wonderful to be right on program. You just can't wait to weigh in. What fun! But when it is the other way......

Doxie - Oh how I do relate to your Christmas cookie binge. I did the Halloween candy thing, but I have almost lost what I gained. I have given this lecture to my sister who has lost 50 pounds and is scared to death to eat anything remotely sinful. I told her it was unrealistic to think you will never eat cookies or chocolate or anything like that again. Many people who never seem to change in their weight actually do, but it is the same 5 pounds that they lose and gain over and over again. So, don't beat up on yourself, just get back on the program.

You know, guys, this will be the first time I have ever had a correspondence with people in Canada. It will be fun to hear how you cope with the weather and some of your interesting traditions. It has already been fun hearing about your Thanksgiving.

Trudy - At least your trip was rescheduled and not cancelled. And you found more time to work on our tree skirts.

Last week I went to the chiropractor and this week I feel so much better, but sore, like my muscles are sore from being kinked. It is amazing to me how bad I can feel going in and how good I feel coming out.

Lily - You are losing so steadily. Aren't you proud? Getting close?
Glenda

[This message has been edited by survivor (edited 11-14-2000).]
Old 11-15-2000, 12:07 AM   #9  

For those of you that are baking pumpkin pies, check out the one I posted yesterday in the deserts. Impossible Pumpkin pie or Crustless Pumpkin Pie. It is a variation I put in with Kelly's recipe. It is made with Splenda and very good without all the calories.

------------------

Ann P
Old 11-15-2000, 07:08 AM   #10  
Super Surfer

This is an interesting article on water. It was in our Sunday newspaper.

Water - most overlooked nutrient

By DR. GIFFORD-JONES -- Special to C-Health

More columns by Dr. Gifford Jones

"Are you sure you're getting sufficient milk?" "How much selenium do you take?" "Is it wise to take more vitamin C?" This is what I often hear friends asking at parties.

But why is it that no one ever mentions water? Today, it's the most overlooked nutrient of all. And if you're living in a state of constant dehydration, you're increasing your risk of medical problems.

A survey of 3,000 Americans showed that they were aware of the importance of water. And two out of three people knew they should drink eight ounces of water eight times a day.

One in two, however, admitted they were not getting enough old-fashioned water. And many were unaware they were drinking other beverages that were robbing their body of water. In effect, they were "drinking themselves to dehydration."

People forget that 70% of solid body tissue is water. This large volume of water is needed because body processes are either carried out in water or by way of water.

A state of semi-dehydration affects people in many ways. Millions of North Americans suffer from constipation. They've made laxative manufacturers wealthy by failing to eat adequate amounts of fibre. But fibre also works better if liberal amounts of water are taken.

"We know where you're going!" is a frequent jocular remark. But how often one "goes" to remove body waste depends on the amount of water consumed.

Removing body waste quickly decreases the risk of malignancy.

Several years ago, researchers in Israel showed that workers who could not void frequently had an increased risk of bladder cancer. As well, the same reasoning applies to colon cancer. The longer carcinogenic substances are left in contact with the bowel's wall, the greater the risk of cancer of the large bowel.

Water also helps to lubricate our joints, cools the body during strenuous exercise, maintains normal blood volume and pressure. And if you want to maintain a youthful appearance, water helps to maintain skin tone.

Convincing most people to drink more water isn't easy. But it doesn't take much persuasion for those who have suffered the agony of trying to pass a kidney stone.

Liberal amounts of water decrease the risk of another stone forming. But how can you drink yourself into dehydration? The best example is alcohol, which also contains water. However, alcohol is a diuretic and triggers increased urination.

Too much alcohol consumption at night is known by many to increase thirst in the morning. Drinks such as colas, coffee and tea also contain water, but they, too, have a similar diuretic effect.

If you're thirsty while exercising, this means you're already dehydrated to some extent. The best way to avoid this is to drink a glass or two of water prior to exercising.

But if you're into strenuous activity or one that lasts longer than one hour, use "sport beverages." These contain added carbohydrates and electrolytes.

Never try to overdo hydration. Some people during marathon races drink too much water. This can result in a serious condition called hypoatremia.

I am going to get a drink of water right now..LOL

Old 11-15-2000, 08:00 AM   #11  
Super Surfer

Hi gals, I was down .4 today. At first I was disappointed, hoping for more. But then it was brought to my attention that it is almost 1/2 lb. ~ so good, now I am pleased . Thanks Slavika!
Doxie..We are having such bad weather here, more precipitation than ever before. But today we had SUN, and it was glorious.
I have had an artificial tree for years. I put the real tree in the front window, right by the two heat vents, and the tree would get so dry and the needles would be falling all the time. I don't sleep well, and I could hear those suckers hitting the gifts all night. Once you put the traditional ornaments on the artificial, it looks great. Of course this year I might have a tree skirt under it...LOL
Glenda..I think binges are inevitable,
we just have to get back OP as soon as we come to our senses. I also enjoy corresponding with all you American gals.
Slavika..Glad you made it home safely yesterday. The weather was terrible last weekend.

I hope everybody had a good OP day...TTFN
Old 11-15-2000, 08:36 AM   #12  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: Im really not losing steadily. I go for a while then I stop. But I just keep plugging away at it!

Trudy: Great article! .4 isnt bad. Its a loss! and thats great!
Old 11-15-2000, 10:09 AM   #13  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: Went to my WW meeting today but I could tell by MY scale that I was up a bit so I did not weigh-in. I had the gals here for tea and the one friend who just had her birthday had a dinner at home that was catered and brought us some of her birthday cake. It was the same kind cake (made by the same lady) that I had in the summer, a carrot cake filled with walnuts and a cream cheese icing. TRUDY thought the cake was about 10 pts but she didn't eat all the icing. I of course ATE all the icing from my slice. My slice was probably about 15 pts. I had a bowl of soup for supper and a mandarin orange this evening. My DIL is leaving with my Son tomorrow evening on a business trip until next Monday so DH and I will have the grandchildren from tomorrow evening until Saturday afternoon at which point we will take them to the other grandparent's house.
Because we live so close to my Son's house its easier for us to do the school thing, and the piano lessons, hockey, and dance lessons.
Its cold outside, but at least today we finally had some sun.
Well tomorrow I will have my shopping and lunch day and then be home around 3:00 so
that I will be on hand to take care of the munchkins. I better get to bed early. LOL.
Good-night all.
Old 11-16-2000, 08:43 AM   #14  
Net browser

Hi Everybody: I got my grandchildren to bed and I came here to read what you all are up to~~~~~~and NOBODY POSTED. Where is everybody, and what are you all doing?
I had a nice day shopping, I can't believe how crowded the stores are already. I did buy some Christmas cards, now to find the time to address them.
You guys better not be having a party without me, or if you are at least come and post and let me hear all about it.
I'll come back later and see if any of you showed up here. Bye now.
Old 11-16-2000, 08:07 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone
It's a cold, cold morning out there today!!!
Slavika- Sorry I wasn't there for you last night but I was at work. It was soooo cold when I got off at midnight. I'm not looking forward to this winter.

I'm need some suggestions for a problem I'm having. I've found lately when I get home form work at midnight I'm hungry. Of course I'm also tired so I just grab the first thing I see - Like the pizza my DH and Son ordered yesterday. Then I feel so guilty
I hate to eat like before I go to bed. I always feel it's travelling straight to my hips.

Everyone have a great day

[This message has been edited by Siggi (edited 11-16-2000).]
Closed Thread