Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-02-2006, 04:27 PM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Default Seattle SuperBowl Food Madness

Well, here I am....I moved to Seattle many years ago and never really thought I would have a problem with major sporting event celebrations, as Seattle teams are not really known for their winning ways. ANYWAY, tomorrow at the office we will be having a Superbowl tailgate potluck. Saturday, there is the "pre-game" party, and then of course Sunday is the big game. Is it just because it's February and there isn't anything better to do than eat?

Oh well, it isn't going to be fun....but I know I can stay tough and stick to the plan. Wish me luck
BetterDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:24 PM   #2  

Make your own treats and bring them along. I always bring my own healthy, tasty treats to occasions like this. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterDays
Well, here I am....I moved to Seattle many years ago and never really thought I would have a problem with major sporting event celebrations, as Seattle teams are not really known for their winning ways. ANYWAY, tomorrow at the office we will be having a Superbowl tailgate potluck. Saturday, there is the "pre-game" party, and then of course Sunday is the big game. Is it just because it's February and there isn't anything better to do than eat?

Oh well, it isn't going to be fun....but I know I can stay tough and stick to the plan. Wish me luck
Yoyonomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:26 PM   #3  

I'm thinking about making a low calorie vegetarian chili and maybe some hummus and baked pita chips to take to the party i am going to.
surfdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:27 PM   #4  

why doesn't someone start a new thread with recipes for Super Bowl madness? I don't know how to do it.
surfdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:00 PM   #5  

Okay, I'll start one on the Recipes section. I'll come back here with a link.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #6  

Here's the link to Super Healthy Super Bowl Recipes!

I added Faux Spicy Chicken Wings, Low-cal Onion Dip, and Cheese Quesadillas. Add more everybody! Munchies are fairly easy to make healthy (unless you watch sodium...ha ha).

Old 02-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #7  

Uggh, sporting get togethers are hard, aren't they? Seems like everywhere we look there's a bowl of delicious, salty fried snacks.

How about some olives to munch on or almonds? These really help my salty cravings.

GO HAWKS!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote