Old 02-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #1  

Default Will You Be My Bovine?

Dh will be away for our bdays and valentines day... :
This is the second year that we didn't do the traditional get a bunch of friends together and go skiing... BUT! I think I might try to get to PA...no skiing..bt def hot tubbing and lots of scrabble games.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:06 AM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

You and dh have your birthdays on Valentine's Day? Were you also married then? This was not good planning, Shots. Change your birthday.

I noticed Kiwi asked if you were meeting her at the beach but I didn't notice your answer. I've met Kiwi in NC. Not at the beach but in a sushi restaurant, I think. She's very nice and always brings interesting children with her. They're probably more interesting now that they travel with musical instruments and huge talent.

I did post on my blog BECAUSE I won a ball of Opal yarn from this Opal list. Opal yarn is the best yarn ever. Other yarns may be equally good but not better. It's just so nice to work with and comes in an ever-changing variety of colorways (different color stripes and stuff).

DS had to get up early, drive the wrong the direction to take pictures for his Capstone project. As soon as he got up it started raining and got heavier and heavier and he's off in it. Do all seniors have these projects?
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:47 AM   #3  

Pernia: My Bday is the 17th and DH's is the 18th...now that you know you are obligated to send a card. Our DF Tugboat Johnny (he's a tugboat captain) is on the 16th, and their daughters is the 19th... So fer years we would go up to John and Tracy's fer a big bday celebration fer the Feb babies.. ski, snow tube, and sit in hot tubs... and play lots of board games.. twas loverly, until some events happened 3 years ago with my then Best friend and her horrid boyfriend, who was also Traceys doctor, and his most unruly tribe of breeding results..

Hmm, I musta missed Kiwis beach request fer my presence.. heh heh... I dunno what this RON DA VOOO is about... we will speak more of tis...

I hope LCP recooped from her migraine... I dunno what a Capstone project is .. is this like some final thing that seniors must complete??? We did not have these Capstones in the Days of Yore.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

I HATE WHEN THEY DRIVE OFF IN THE RAIN---BUT HERE THEY DRIVE OFF IN THE SNOW---HATE THAT AS WELL!!!---- here is my suggestion for you blogging problems-----start a new one at a new location--maybe kiwi's spot and get back at it-----just don't reveal it to the wrong people!!!like lcp-----now i have to go to work and make no money----the clients have left the building!!!! there is a trade show coming up so perhaps i will fetch me some new items!! no capstones here in iglooville either.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #5  
loves kleenex box art

yes, final thing for seniors.

every summer kiwi goes to the beach in NC with family who live in NC like you. Go see her. Don't be so suspicious. She's sweeter in person than ... I mean she's sweet.

Good idea Bagz but while they're sending me free yarn, I'd better stay put and smile.

My final is tonight. Who wants to be in my study group?
Old 02-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #6  
fatter than U

I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to be in your study group, but I have a full-body migraine that is only allowing me to post fluff and silliness today.

Peachy, you need a super secret incognito blog where you can post anything you like, but where's the fun it that?

Did I mention that after the Chinese buffet on Monday that World War 3 almost broke out and that I called dh a very very very bad word that might possible start with "a"? I also told him a few other choice tidbits about himself and he seems to still be thinking about things because it usually takes him about 3 days for him to digest what I've said. Grrrr. We're not very good at this being married stuff even though we've been doing it for 15 1/2 years.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:45 AM   #7  
loves kleenex box art

Whoa! Sugar!! Take it easy. Time to find a marriage counsellor maybe. What does dh usually do after the 3 days?

is it possible that if lcp keeps sending these letters, ds will think she's too silly? I'm dreaming, yes?
Old 02-02-2006, 12:43 PM   #8  

Do you all get the St. Jude's childrens hospital banner at the top of this page? I think I must donate. DS called me Sunday night, being kinda silly and he said "I think you should donate to St. Judes because they never turn a child away and I just donated some $$'s to them." He said "I never used to think about stuff like that, but now I do, and I think you should donate too." .... and now that St. Judes banner is on the top of the page, so I guess I'd better donate.

DS and his little missus spent all night at the hospital, because she's having contractions and her blood pressure has been going way up. They may induce labor if they can't control the bp. I told her to stop having the contractions. We're having the baby shower on Sunday, (I know, Super Bowl Sunday, poor planning on our part) and she must be there. Maybe she'll be there with a baby.

Peach, bunco is a mindless dice game that takes no skill and very little thought. It's something to do while you eat, drink, gossip and generally act silly with your friends.

I went to a play last night w/ a friend. "The Fantastics". At first I thought I wouldn't like it, but by the second act it had grown on me. I thought of Kiwi's DD because the female lead had a fabulous voice, w/ an amazing range. I think Kiwiette should come to Portland and perform in a play. After the play we had a drink in a beautiful old bar just like grownups.

Sugar, the secret to marital bliss is to tell DH he's acting "like" an *ss. That way he can't say you actually called him an *ss. We've been married for 27 years and we're still trying to get it right. I think that's the nature of matrimony.

Peach, LCP doesn't sound so bad, be careful what you wish for----there are worse gf's out there.

Schatzi, spill the beans - eggzactly which birthday is this???? Girls who want birthday cards gotta tell.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:54 PM   #9  
loves kleenex box art

When is Wababy due? My labor was induced because of bp (preeclapsia) but it was 11 days before they claimed he was due.

I didn't read the letters from lcp but there they were and I did pick one up and it did refer to her drinking. There are worse gf's but .....

I see the St. Jude's ad too.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:28 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

DRINKING WHAT???----how old is she??? one thing i am glad about here with the drinking age being 19----at least when they start at 15 or 16,they aren't so far off -------imagine TWENTY-ONE!!!! THAT IS INSANE--- that would mean most kids would get almost all the way through an undergrad degree without being able to drink-----CRAZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-----okay,peachers,what about her drinking??? a problem,or just 'FUN TIMES'----- she is still an "x" factor and as long as you don't really know what's up,you usually fear the worst.--------regarding our dear sugar,i am unqualified to comment----i am so pleased with the second edition of the husband,i always recommend getting rid of the first one -----of no help to those who wish to soldier on and make repararation.------my sympathies are here of course--for you always!!1---NOW WHERE IS THAT TASKMISTRESS CHERRY TO HELP US DROP THE JELLYBELLY ROLLS???? AND WHERE IS THAT TRAMP LUSHIE???? SHE COMES IN HERE ALL SWEET AND FUN AND THEN SHE JUST EFFS OFF AND GIVES US THE BOOT-----------FIND ANOTHER YARN BLOGGING SITE,PEACHBAT----TELL THEM PRIVATELY WHERE YOU ARE RE-LOCATING!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #11  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

OH MY DEAR WABBALICIOUS!!!! IMAGINE YOU MIGHT HAVE THE BABY VERY SOON!!!! HOW EXCITING FOR YOU!!! WOW!!! hopefully they will get everything under control with the BP quickly---that seems to be a common problem and they should have no trouble dealing with it---your son must be beside himself with excitement! what changes you all will have downt' the house!!!xoxo
Old 02-02-2006, 02:46 PM   #12  

Babybunny is due on Feb. 20th.

DD spent $450 on baby clothes and misc. for the shower. Do ya think she's a bit excited? This child won't have time to wear all the outfits she's going to have. I sure hope the ultrasound tech was right. It had better be a girl.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #13  
The magic shrinking cow

I opened a window to post a proper reply, but then got busy! I haven't exercised yet today... will probably take a nap instead because I'm so tired.

I want to post a better post today.

I'm not doing very good at my eating today. Just hungry and making poor choices.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #14  

Wab, sooo glad DIL is at least in the hospital so that she can be monitored... Ah an Aquarian little girl...perfect. :baby:

Cowie: hmmm drinking is a rite of passage in college.. fer most....I hope there is not a touch of histronics going on with LCP..

Sugah: heh heh, What MommaWab sez... true , it also helps facilitate even better I am right arguing... like "YOu called me an A hole", "Noooo, I did not, I said you are behaving like an Ahole",,,"So you did call me an AHOLE",,, "Nooooo, Now there ya go twisting my words again" ....heheheeee...
I do hope it "blows over" fer ya... because obviously he was acting like an Ahole, ..we women know these things -and sug cannot be wrong!

BAGZ: hellllooooo darlink in iglooville

CherryWhere's our diet guru??? Help me plan my meals dang it!!!

LUSH Can you please Add Check on Cows daily to yer list thar girlie??

Me... my favorite topic has come up...imagine that.... I am now restored to my GOHJIS brown hair with loverly reddish highlites (not as loverly as Sugahs, but hey shes naturally beeeUtiiiiful) look ... Yes, I saw "Mr Lyn" today, he colored over my dark brown roooooots, and sigh, the Lily Munster streak which has now propagated itself through out my head... I ran out this morn to watch neighbor/landlordess' charming daughter Eliza... They live a rather european way... The child goes to bed at 11 and is up around 11-12 the next day.. So she was well asleep whilst I was there...such loverly landlords and neighbors they are..
My age... well, i graduated when polyester and earthshoes were in.... Disco and southern rock was in (FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEbirdddddddd!). Feathered hair, and the dorothy hamill were all the DOOOOOOOO. Chargers, and camaros, and vans with murals on the side were all the rage... With That YOu figger it out!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
Twice a day but maybe missed a day or 1/2 a day.
or Floss less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
WE ARE SINKING IN A QUAGMIRE OF BLUBBER-
What a pretty picture! I am also sinking in a quagmire of dust, dirt, mice and ants. I don't get it -- why are we getting ants in the middle of winter? I don't think it's ever happened before. I put out 4 new traps several days ago and we still have ants.

I'm thinking about doing an inventory of what's wrong with this house and its contents. I will have to be careful that there are not any weapons around while I'm doing it because I'm sure it will be either totally depressing or so maddening I will be dangerous... Today the lint screen on my dryer came apart.

My dog growls at us.

Other things.

And I'm not even in a bad mood -- picture how much I complain then.

I never heard of a capstone project. At DD's school, a "research paper" in English consists of a group project where each student "has" to write 2 pages. Yes, I said 2 pages. Senior paper. This is the lamest school ever. On the bright side, DD came home with straight A's for the 7th semester in a row in high school (yes, that would be all of them), meaning she is a lock for valedictorian. Might possibly have to share the honor -- with her boyfriend.

Is that Opal yarn the one you made the brown and yellow socks out of? Those are cool.

I am very sorry your hubby darling will be gone for valentine's and birthdays, Schatzi!! That sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
She's sweeter in person than ... I mean she's sweet.
Cowpeach hit nail on head.

Oh Sugar, how rotten! I've called DH an a****** many times, but only in my head. I think.

I need a vehicle. I am stranded and I wanted to put an ad in the paper for DD's birthday. Gotta get there before 5! HELLO FAMILY I'M STRANDED HERE!

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote