General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 07:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Question What to do for my boyfriend on Valentine's Day?

This is the first time I've had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day, and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on a special gift I can get for him. What do you all usually do for Valentine's Day?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I usually buy my husband something little and make dinner. This year it wasn't so little. I got him a Steeler Jersey (he's a steeler fan) with Jack Lambert's name (Lambert is out last name). The stupid thing was $130. Anyway, I would just get him something little like maybe a CD or a giftcard if you don't know his tastes. Then make him dinner and/or a special dessert.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #3  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Sunrose,

A tasty homemade dinner and dessert are definitely up there... of his favorite foods... served by candlelight, fancied-up table, the whole nine yards...

and maybe first on his plate a card written by you, telling him in what ways he is fabulous, in all the proper (and maybe naughty) ways... if you are so inclined, if you wear it, you might dab some perfume on the paper and let it dry before you write

and maybe some new unseen-before lingerie for later... Not to be too suggestive, but some men can have much more tarty "Frederick's of Hollywood" taste than the tasteful glamour of "Victoria's Secret" You of course know best

I had a coworker who made up "value cards", some x-rated, for her bf... like "This card can be traded for a back rub", or "This entitles you to a car wash and wax", or "breakfast in bed"... that kind o' stuff... reportedly, they were a BIG hit.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #4  

i found the first note that i wrote him (my phone number) and i am having it framed. i think it's sweet that he kept it, and as it was, it was at risk of being lost. i buy his favorite dessert, write him love letters, make him cards, etc..
Old 02-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Those are some really good ideas from all of you. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:52 PM   #6  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

not sure how old you are or where you are in your relationship but it's always fun to grab a hotel room (for me anyway)

one year I got a room, put candles up all around and then picked him up at work on his lunch hour and instead of taking him to lunch, I took him to the hotel Hope that doesn't sound white trash like, but after all the gifts I've given my husband, this is the only one he ever talks about.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:30 PM   #7  

Those all sound great. I might suggest if your plans include going out to dinner anywhere, maybe make it on an alternate night. Valentine's Day and Mother's Day are the WORST nights to try to go to a restaraunt. That is just my opinion, everywhere is crowded, even if you have a reservation you feel rushed and sometimes the service/food isn't all that great because they are so busy.

I'm not trying to rain on anyones V day plans, that has just been my personal experience.

I vote for staying in and cooking. It would even be fun to cook together.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Coming from a guy perspective here:

The value cards are a GREAT idea ~ on our first Valentines Day, as a married couple, my wife gave me several cards ~ I picked through them to find the one I really wanted ~ I told her if she paid off on my favorite one then she could toss the rest ~ IT WAS SO WORTH IT
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

STACY ~ Did you get the Steelers Jersey at Chick's? If you did I could have saved you a few bucks ~ I have connections.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

EZ, no I got it at Sports Fever in the Escondido Mall. I've never seen the "classic" ones anywhere else. But I'll definitely remember that for the future!
Old 02-02-2006, 04:59 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I have bought my DF socks... They do say "Be Mine" on them with little love hearts too!

We're not big on V-day, it's very commercial! Invented by the card companies dontcha know! I might hand-make him a card (He usually prints me one on the computer), oh lordy since it's on a Tuesday I'll be out kickboxing anyway!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hmmm...last year was our first Valentine's Day together, and we just went out for Chinese Food and had a night of cuddling. It was so great, simple, and CHEAP! I think we are doing Chinese again this year (although NOT on the actual DAY), since I can have the meat and veggies on my diet. I got him a few cutesy little things, and also some smell good stuff (that I got on sale after Christmas, mind you!) and another little thing he wanted. Granted, I'm not an expert, obviously...lol. I'm only 19 years old, and we've been together a little over a year.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:43 AM   #13  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

This will be my second Valentine's Day with Jeff, and my third Valentine's Day ever with a boyfriend (although the first one was in high school, and we only went out for like a month and a half, so that doesn't really count ). Anyway, I try to keep notes of things he wants so come holidays, I'm not scrambling for ideas. I know he wants a certain video game, so I will probably buy him that for V-Day. I also normally make his lunch to take to work, so I'm thinking of putting something in his lunch bag--a little box of candies and a card, something like that. Last year, I got him a huge leather CD book (he has TONS of CDs and DVDs). I make dinner for us every night, and we lounge around the apartment together naked all the time (I know, you're so glad I shared that detail with you ), so that won't be anything special, but maybe I will have something special planned for dessert Last year, I also bought a kit of "toys" from Spencer's, and we had fun with those--although, we didn't use them as intended by any means...we mostly just made fun of them and threw them at each other (including a tub of flavored powder called, I believe, "Love Dust"--the apartment was a mess after flinging that stuff all over the place, so we spent a lot of the night vacuuming!).

Yeah, I'm definitely not one for eating out on V-Day. I have worked in a restaurant as a server, and I can tell you that none of the staff really wants to be there on that night, so service is not exactly 100%
Old 02-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #14  
Searching for balance

S/C/G: 247/241.2/150

Height: 5'6 - Female

This year we are keeping it pretty low key. My partner belongs to an Xterra enthuisists board, so I bought her a funny tshirt with their logo on it. I'm going to make a really nice candlelight dinner for 2 and probably just watch a DVD together later in the evening. Last year we went all out.......she got me tickets to the opera and I had my Dad's wedding ring made into a ring for her.

Shannon
Old 02-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Depending on how long you have been together some of these ideas are Great
you can even G-rate the coupon idea if you want too
Closed Thread