Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 08:19 PM   #1  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

Default Aussie Chicks

A new home for all the Aussie Chicks in the 3 Fat Chicks forum. Somewhere that we can chat in the same time zone, and discuss local programs and products.

I look forward to talking to you all soon.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #2  

Great work , I have to go do the shopping yukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
so I will drop back later to see how all are getting on
Old 01-31-2006, 04:16 AM   #3  
Aussie Chick

Bumping the group up so we can find ourselves. I didnt' make it to the gym again tonite, I somehow managed to cut my left big toe open and its too sore to walk on. I'll definately go tomorrow night.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:38 AM   #4  

Default Hi Kathy and fellow aussies

Great thread idea Kathy.Look forward to getting to know u all.
What programmes are everyone following?
I am just making healtheir choices,grilled meats,stirfries,steamed vegies,fruit and yoghurt and multigrain bread.
I have always battled with my weight......hopefully this time I am on the right track.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:29 PM   #5  
Aussie Chick

I'm pretty much doing the same as you auzzie. And adding exercise to the mix too. My main problem is protion sizes tho, so I'm going to have to really concentrate on calorie counting I think.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:30 AM   #6  

Hi Girls
Well I thought it was time to talk a little about ourselves.
I’ll start I turned 43 last Sunday ,I have been married to a wonderful man for the last 23 years(Les) I have two daughters (Melinda 19 and Megan 12) and one terrific little grandson (Elijah 19 months old).
I work full time for Disability services Queensland as a residential care office, in other words I care for people with physical and intellectual disabilities. I have work for the Queensland government for 10 years, and really enjoy my work, but not red tape.
I have been over weight off and on since childhood.
Two and a half years ago I had lost 45kg (it took me 10 months very hard work) and I only weighted 65 kg, but with a couple of emotional upset and worries with our grandson and eldest daughter. I am an emotional eater I was up to 104kg again.
So yes I know that I can do it but I also know how hard I found it last time. I am finding it a bit hard to get into the right habits this one last time on the yo-yo ride.
I have been riding my bike to work for the last week now so that is a good start I think
I am tiring to make healthy choices and kind of work in with WW.
So how about you Girl.
With help form each there we can do it
Old 02-01-2006, 05:03 AM   #7  
Aussie Chick

Ok, I'm 32. I have dd4, she's starting preschool next week, oh how fast she's grown up. I'm a step mother to 11 ss, and 5sd. and a 2nd time round wife. We never learn from our mistakes do we. At least I upgraded this time when it comes to men.

My highest ever weight was 101kg, and I was preggers and the next week I was back down to 99kg. I got down to 90kg after her birth. I've been sitting at around 88 - 90kg for the past 4 years. I have been mucking around for the past 6 weeks going to the gym, but obviously its not enough cause I'm not losing weight.

So time to pull the finger out, and work the rest of it off and get to goal. Its great to have some aussie buddies.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:21 AM   #8  

Hi kathyhegg
three under 11 thats hard work.
Well I think we have to put the the hard yards in to get to were we need to be.So are we going to have a day to post our weigh in????
Old 02-01-2006, 11:15 PM   #9  
Aussie Chick

Luckily 2 of them live with their mother, but weekends are hard. Um, weigh in day, how about Monday's? I have a weigh in tomorrow at the gym, but I'm happy to post it on Monday, not sure how happy I'll be tho.

I'm off to the gym this afternoon, have to get away from dd4, she is driving me batty today. I think she is a bit lonely, not having seen any of her friends in weeks. I'll have to arrange a play date for next week some time. But I'll go to the gym and work my arse off and hopefully come home feeling better.

Catch you soon.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:45 AM   #10  
Aussie Chick

Well I got to the gym and did an hour of cardio, so at least I've exercised today.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:39 AM   #11  

Hi Girls,
I'm Tania, 23 and live in country NSW. I live here with my boyfriend of 6 years Jase,27 and we have a gorgeous bubba girl named Cheyenne(Shy-Ann) and she is 14 months on the 13th Feb.
I just started my new job today, which is in the same bakery where Jase is a Baker. I like it already and will get me out the house. I worked in a Cafe until i was 8 1/2 months pregnant which was hard, both physically and cos i ate alot of cafe food...
Last time i wieghed myself at the doctor's i was 106kg, i was 113 when i was pregnant with Cheyenne. Looking forward to getting back to my old weight.
Nice to meet you all
Old 02-02-2006, 08:49 AM   #12  

*Butterfly*Kisses* Nice to have you with us .

kathyhegg good on you for getting to the gym.
I did over time at work today (8 hrs yukkkk) but part of my day was going on a walking program with one of my clients , so I got paid double time do good things for me by walking so that was good for me and my bank account lol
Yes Monday as a weigh-in is good for me , like you kathyhegg I dont know that I will be doing the happy dance this week but we will try.
So come on girls and get some of that extra you off.

Last edited by butter ball no more; 02-02-2006 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

G'day fellow Aussies!!!

32yr old chick from WA here looking to lose 50kgs. Started to watch my diet nearly two weeks ago - so far 3kgs down (next weigh-in is Monday). My biggest problem is portion size and binge-ing when depressed (which seems quite often). So far I have managed to reduce serving sizes and I have not turned to the fridge for comfort. AND I STILL FEEL DETERMINED!!!

I have never been a good one for exercise, and so far have not made any efforts to change that. Where I live, we do not have a gym and at this time of the year it is toooo HOT outside!!!

I love this idea of an Aussie Support thread!! I think I'll be posting most of my progress reports here. Although I am a bit of an insomniac so I will probably be posting most of my replies over night.

Good luck everyone!!
Old 02-03-2006, 03:53 AM   #14  
Aussie Chick

I went to the gym today, and had my check up, and while it wasn't what I'd have liked I had lost weight, and lost 1% or so in fat, so thats ok. I'll leave it till monday to post my numbers tho.

I have a new weights program, I've decided for now not to do the "winning by losing" book, and will be doing a lot of upper body work plus my 1 hour cardio a day. I'm hoping that next weigh in I'll be down 6kg's and 2% fat. I must do this.

Didn't help myself much today, had a huge binge, and I mean huge, so I'll really have to work it off tomorrow.

One positive thing to come out of this is I now know for sure that my scales are broken, cause they havn't budged in weeks, they like sitting on 88. So I'll have to find myself a nice new set. I have to be able to weigh myself weekly after all.

Catch you all soon.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:53 AM   #15  

Well done kathyhegg,I hope you do well next week , but do you mean that you will be losing 6 kg in one week or all up ,all up I hope.
BBNM
Closed Thread