Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-30-2006, 02:32 PM   #1  

Default New to forum- pg test question

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, I usually post over at maintainers, but I'm ttc (I think this means trying to conceive - LOL!) and getting frustrated, even though it's only been 4 months and I am 34, so it may take longer this time around (my son is 7 yrs. old). Anyway, I'm interested to see if anyone has taken one of those "5 days before your period is due" pregnancy tests, and if they ever work? I took one today because I'm being impatient (sorry, can't help it sometimes). It was negative, which just makes the mind wonder more, because now I'm thinking, "well, it COULD be too early..." From now on I'm waiting til I miss my period. But still, curious to hear what others have to say about pregnancy testing.

Thanks!
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I just wanted to wish you good luck. I've never used one of them before. I always waited until the day I was supposed to get my period or the day after.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:03 PM   #3  
resident lactivist

I have used some of the most sensitive (measuring 25 m/IU of HCG) tests while well past my period, and pregnant, and not gotten a positive.

Which is why I loathe 'early' tests.
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:05 PM   #4  
New mom to be

Hi!! I just wanted to say good luck and I feel your pain. I took one of those early tests on Thursday which was 4 days before my period was due. I got a faint line so I went to the doctor on Friday, and she got the same so she gave me a blood test. I am supposed to get the results back today, and have called twice but still no answers!!! I am going insane!!
Hang in there and retest in a few days.
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #5  

Thank you for the responses. Amber - **Good Luck** I'm hoping for you.

I know that the hpt's results depend upon date of implantation and the amout of HCG etc., so from now on I'll be patient and wait til a few days after my period is due. No sense in making this process even more emotional!!

Thanks again -- when I do finally conceive, I'll be back for posting. Meanwhile...I'll be maintaining...
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #6  
New mom to be

The doc called today. I am pregnant! !!! Yay!!! Good luck to you too!!!
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:53 AM   #7  
New Mommy

Yes I used 3 types of early PG tests and got + on all, just one was more apparent than the others. I think it was called Accu Clear or something like that. The EPT and theWalmart generic showed + too just were fainter in color.

**~**~*~*~*baby dust~~*~*~*~*~
SteadyOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:43 PM   #8  

It took 8 months for me to fall pregnant with my daughter, I wasnt trying...but I think inside both of us wanted a baby.
This time I have no idea. I have had endo and also have pcos so its quite a feat for me to fall pregnant apparently. Im not sure aboiut it though, I think pcos affects the ability of the sperm to travel but not fertility.

I am so tired right now, 22 weeks prego and feeling it. I weigh 115 kg which is a heap in Aussie kilos, Im self employed and have my 20 month daughter with me all the time. I cannot seem to find a good housecleaner either. All this has combined to make me continually exhausted day and night(bf works 6am-8pm).

I have no idea how I will cope with 2 babies. I think I just wont work at all...anyone else feeling the strain? Geez, my house looks like a train has been through it right now.
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations Amber!!

Anne - My DH made me wait until AF was 1 day late, so I never got to test early. It eliminates some of the second-guessing (did we test too soon...). Good luck to you. Hope you get a + soon! I liked the digital test myself, little more $$ but there's no misreading "PREGNANT"
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #10  

I know how you feel. I haven't used any birth control since my son was born 18 months ago. I breastfeed my son. 2 weeks ago I found out I was finally pregnant (6 weeks along). We were hoping I would have gotten pregnant when he was 9 months old, so they would have been closer in age. But Be are very happy.
The day of my first period I spotted (very abnormal for me), plus my breasts were still tender. I went to see the Dr. he said there could be no way that any of my symptoms were related to pregnancy. I took a blood pregnancy test that day. 2 days later though I bought a home pregnancy test, the line was very faint. The Dr. called me 4 days later saying "Congratulations, Your pregnant." I told him I already knew.
try to relax and just let it happen. Since it was taking so long for me to get pregnant I just gave up. 2 weeks before I found out I had decided to start working out again, I had told my husband "I better not get pregnant till June" Because thats how long I figuered it would take to lose the weight. But this baby had other plans.
I wish you lots of blessings.
Rakkoon is offline   Reply With Quote