Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#65)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #2  

Hello

Sorry I've been MIA lately. We have friends that haved moved into a new house not far from us (about a mile!) and for the last two weeks we have helped painted,cleaned & moved!!! We are done!! It's been really tiring from working & then helping them but we're done and that's what counts. Today I have cleaned & washed ALL DAY trying to get MY house back to normal!

Dee...I know you're out of town but when you check in...I wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you had a WONDERFUL day & a WONDERFUL trip!!!!!! I'll miss you!

Hello to everyone else!! I've got to start dinner now.

Love & Hugs to all...
Old 01-30-2006, 12:02 AM   #3  
Losing it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DEE! Sending you special birthday wishes across the miles! Have fun on the trip and we'll see you soon!

Old 01-30-2006, 05:46 AM   #4  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAREST DEE!! I love you, and I hope your birthday has been fantastic!!
Old 01-30-2006, 05:48 AM   #5  

Sorry, Gayle!! I guess it's Vicki who has the same opinion of her MIL as I do of mine!! You know how confused I get sometimes.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #6  
Janice

Happy Birthday Dee!!!
Hope You Have A Wonderful Day.
I Finally Got My Appointment With The Rhuematogist, April 10th, It Seems Like A Long Time From Now.
I Guess I Will Just Have To To Put Up With The Swelling Until Then. I Didn't Take My Thyroid Medication All Weekend But It Didn't Make A Difference.
The Good News Is I Have Lost 10 Lbs This Month. Yeah!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:30 AM   #7  
Losing it!

YIPPPEEEE JANICE! 10 pounds for the month of January....FANTASTIC-O!!!!!!
Keep up the GREAT work! I hope you can find relief soon from the pain. Are they giving you anything to help with the swelling?

No problem Shelley! I know how most MIL's can be, I just lucked out this time! I'm happy to say I have wonderful Mom & Dad inlaws...it's another story with a nutsie SIL!! LOL!

Bev, I hope you were able to get through the weekend ok...did mums try feeding you everything in sight? Up until her heart attack, I could never let my mom know if I was dieting. It was a free ticket to making cakes, brownies etc. and giving them to us! She is doing great with it now though!

Sher, you are a busy little beaver! Take some time for you though before you wear yourself down. Are you working fanfare this year?

I'm up 3 pounds, but I'm sure it is fluid. I did not stay OP over the weekend, but yet I didn't over-eat enough to gain the weight back. I'm back hard core today though and done feeling sorry for myself. Oh yea, the side effects of not staying OP...I feel like crap. My tummy hurts etc. never have this problem when I stay on plan.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #8  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Birthday Dee!

Sherry ~ You sure have been a busy lady! I'll have to remember to call on you the next time I get the urge to paint!

Shelley ~ You can add me to the list of those who have witches for mother-in-laws. Mine is pure evil!

Janice ~ 10 pounds last month is an awesome loss! Way to go! I'm glad you finally got an appointment with the rhuematogist. It does seem like a long time to wait, but April will be here before you know it.

Gayle ~ I'm up a pound this week too, but I expected it after the way I've been eating. Time to get back on track so we can get the scales moving in the right direction again!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #9  

Wow--we have so many "new" Floozies!!

Welcome to all the new girls!

Happy Birthday, Dee! I'm sure you're having a great one! Wish I was in PV with you!

Gayle--my mom used to try to feed me, too! The way I finally got her to stop was to have her be the one to take the "before" pictures for one of my many diet attempts. That was 40-50 (less) pounds ago, and I can honestly say that my weight gain (this time) cannot be attributed to her at ALL!

Sherry--great to see you posting here.

Janice, wish I could lose 10 pounds (make that I wish I had the WILLPOWER to lose 10 pounds!) this month!

Suzy--how are things with you?

Shelley--what about you? I know you were going through some tough "diet" times here while back. Has that gotten any better?

Gotta go,

Cheryl
Old 01-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #10  

Good evening! I everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was kinda boring which is just how i like it. I think my huspand and i are turning into old farts. We are in bed watching TV at 8 on a saturday! Eh... who cares. We are well rested. lol. I managed to get to the gym and get 40 min on the eliptical on saturday and we had dinner in the Italian market in Philly which was sooooooo good. Plain speghetti for me and i had to tap into my flex points but i still have 30 till thursday. It was worth it. BAck to work today and its nuts lately. I think i am going to change my name and number so people can't call me. Or wear a disguise so people will leave me alone. Anyway... Im still trying to get names right so bear with me here:

Dee Happy Birthday!!

Sherry-You poor woman doing all that work. Your friends are lucky to have someone like you. You deserve a bubble bath or something.

Janice-10lbs is awesome! Way to go! You rock on with your bad self! It stinks about your Dr. Can you call and make a big fuss or ask about cancellations? Sometimes they have a list for cancellations. ( I have been weaving in and out of the medical system for the past four years i know all the tricks..lol) Anyway.. I hope you feel better.

I forget who had the MIL problems since its on the other thread but i know its tough sometimes. I am soooo lucky. I have the best of the best when it comes to inlaws. My MIL treats me better than my mother. They treat me like one of their own. It's my SIL I don't get along with. Seriously.. like i need to leave the room or i will bite my toungue off to keep from screaming. Don't you just love family?..lol. Anyway. Have a fabulous evening!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:13 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Admitted my FIL to the hospital this morning so was there all day until tonight. Needless to say, the cafeteria serves no food outside of hours and the closet place to go to was a bar & grill with NOTHING legal to eat (Not even a salad) I tried to make a halfway decent choice as far as food.

Erin, great job staying OP at an italian place! Are you doing core? You mentioned your 30 reserved points. BTW, there is nothing wrong with being in bed early! I giggle when I think back the hours I use to be in bed compared to now. I must be getting old too! LOL!

Have you guys seen Ladder 49? We rented it this weekend and it is very good!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #12  

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DEE

Gayle: I'm here for ya to and

Dee: BEST WISHES FOR AN ENJOYABLE AND RELAXING TRIP!! I can't remember where you are going, but this looks good to me!!

OK got some MAJOR motivation this morning...saw SWIMSUITS advertised in a newspaper ad...

Survived the weekend even if I was off plan - but I didn't eat like I would have in the past...so I am congratulating myself on the SMALL successes. No, G, mom didn't try to feed me. My Mom is more if you tell her you are watching your weight...SHE WATCHES FOR YA. So if you eat something she says "are you supposed to have that?" I don't know which would be worse - well I should because my Grandma used to be the one that would FEED ME if she thought I was trying to lose wt.! LOL Anyway, to ward off Mom - I gave her a copy of the points plan. She needs to lose wt. too - she is a sister to G's mom, and my mom 5 yrs ago had a ittybitty heart attack compared to my auntie. But Mom has been eating even less than me as she has had her diverticulitis flair up...so she is watching with that.

Ok, now after that rambling I have two questions. One, I read in a post from Gayle? about sighing while you are eating to see if you are hungry. What is that all about? I'll try anything! LOL

Second, Shelly, I think you are on PP (pts. plan) how many baby carrots do you consider as being one cup? I tried putting them in a cup to measure...but is that what you would do? On the pkg it is 3 oz. for a serving. Just wondered how anyone else measures them out.

Been doing pretty good on gettin' my 3-4 days of walking in a week, but I think to boost my metabolism, I need to start fitting in some gym time to lift wts. I just don't know WHERE the time will come from - I don't like getting sweaty during my noon hr. and I LIKE mornings - to drink coffee! lol but not to get up at 6AM to WORK OUT...my muscles aren't awake yet!

I'm going to weigh in on Thursday...I'll have been OP for ten days - hope it is ALL GOOD!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:47 PM   #13  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Today has been a WONDERFUL day! I checked the scales again this morning and was back at 145, so the 1 pound gain yesterday must have been fluid...I feel a lot better about that! I'm still OP and have managed to get my eating under control again. On top of that I had an appointment with our CPA this morning to do our taxes and all is said and done and we don't have to pay any extra in this year. What a huge relief! I am one really happy girl today!

Erin ~ I can relate to the changing bedtimes! We were laughing the other night that we were going to bed at the same time we used to just be heading out for the evening!

Gayle ~ I'm sorry to hear that your father-in-law is in the hospital. Good for you for making the best food choices possible though. Stressful situations like that send me right towards the burgers, fries and milkshakes!

Bev ~ You're doing great! I think the first two weeks were the hardest for me and then the new way of eating seemed to become habit and it was just so much easier. Keep it up!
Old 01-31-2006, 05:35 PM   #14  

Hello ladies from rainy chilly NJ. I have been spoiled with all this springy weather. Oh, I am on the regular points plan where i am counting every stinkin thing i eat. I still get 35 points as i understand it to do what i want with for the week. So far i have used 5 this week but we have a birthday dinner coming up thursday night so i have a feeling they will be needed. Luckily its after my weigh in so it wont show up on the scale. I start over with the extra points on friday mornings. With baby carrots i kinda munch on them all day. I am not a big "sit down at a table and eat a meal" person. I need to munch and do something else. I rarely take a lumch break. They are 0 points for a serving right? sooo.. 0 plus 0 is 0. Besides if my downfall is carrots then me and my metabolism need to have a little chat. Anyway, i go and start dinner. My tummy doesnt feel so well. There is a virus going around work. (ooooh yummy). Gayle I am really sorry about your father in law. I hope he feels better soon. Take care of yourself. Everyone have a splended day tomorrow!
-Erin
Old 01-31-2006, 10:00 PM   #15  
Losing it!

Bev, I sent you a discussion thread about "the sigh"! They say if we listen to our bodies and slow down while eating, we will sigh at the first sign of satisfied...not full. If I eat slow, I am noticing the sigh. Sometimes I will still have alot of food on my plate. Now if I can only resist temptation and STOP eating at that point. It has became a conversation starter at our home. As we eat, the kids are the first ones to point out to Steve or I if we just sighed. Allison keeps looking for "her sigh" but hasn't found it yet. We told her she is just fine and usually you don't find your sigh until your 18 years old or so. LOL!
I wouldn't worry about being exact on the carrot measurements, as long as your not wiping out a bag or two a day, I think your ok. Have you ever dipped them into mustard? Not bad for a 0 point snack!

Suzy, I am so happy for you! You deserve a great day! No taxes, WOW! I bet that was a major relief! I'm waiting for you to report 144 on the scale next week! YOU CAN DO IT!

Erin, I hope you feel better soon! I had several people come into the store today complaining of a bug or stomach upset. I think it is because the weather has been so mild here. We have trees budding out so allergies are running loose and without the bitter cold, we have germies floating around everywhere.

My FIL is still in the hospital and will probably remain there until the end of the week. He suffers from chronic lung disease after about 45-50 years of heavy smoking. He is on oxygen 24/7 and there is no chance he will ever go off of it. The doctors were concerned he could have phemonia, but he tested ok. He has a high white cell count so he has infection somewhere in his body. He has fluid retention also and they are working to have his body flush it out before it affects his heart. All in all, it could of been so much worse then it is. I'm glad he finally consented to a hospital stay.

Shelley, where are you today???
Closed Thread