Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 10:56 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Wednesday - where is everyone??

Hi girls, I have been lurking lately as I have been organizing a hellish event! But its over and now I can do REAL work, yee haw!!

Its been so quiet lately??!!! What's going on??

I have to read the past few threads, but Lolly, wow, your measurements are very inspirational!

Kim - good luck moving into your new place....

Kirsty - hey, how is it being aweather girl??

I missed WI on Friday due to this event, but I go this friday! Woo hoo!! I am excited, my jeans are totally loose, even after I wash them!! I'm hoping!

Well, hello to everyone else, please come out and post!!
Old 09-26-2001, 11:12 AM   #2  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default M.I.A!!

Yep, I've been missing in action, but not only do they use "spy" software on Tuesdays, but we're getting trained on some new and improved software.
OOO!!
I went to WI and gained 3.5#!! I'm still pretty numb right now, but I don't know what I want to do about it. I've been in a serious holding point since before the wedding and I know in my heart of hearts I have to start excercising. Hopefully that will jump start the losing train again, but where oh where does one find the motivation???
I must get back to work before the inneroffice spy (boss) comes back from her nicotine party.
Have a great day everyone! Sorry I'm down, I think it's PMS.
No, I know exactly what it is...I really want to go back to school and not work here anymore, but financially we can't do that at this point. It's put me in a blue mood although the weather here is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Hi to all the new posters!!! and old ones, too!
I miss talking to everyone!
Bye for now.
ps...Belle, I'm glad you're back! Where is Jen?? I haven't seen her lately!
Old 09-26-2001, 11:51 AM   #3  

Default I'm Here

Good Morning everyone,

It is another lovely day here again. Probably going to be nice and warm again. I took my third tap class of the year last night. Lots of fun. It's all adults and we are all just learning so it is great. Plus there weren't any teenagers in the class....which makes it so much more peaceful. I can't believe I was ever like that....but I guess I was. And too have the energy they do.....I would kill for that energy.

Today should be another kind of quiet day at work although any day has the potential to exploded into a frenzy.

StaceyT...my friend just finished going back to school and she is very greatful she did. She now has a job that she enjoys much more and commands a much higher salary because of her extra creditenials. But she will be paying back her loans for the next ten years Going to school can be so frustrating. Anyways, back to work for me.

Cheers!!!
Jessica
Old 09-26-2001, 12:03 PM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Default Exercising...

Hey Stacey, don't feel bad about the gain, you'll get back on track. You are right about the exercising, its the missing link but it is hard when we're such busy girls!!

You know what has really made all the difference for me is walking to work. Is there anyway you could park farther or something like that so you can walk a bit in the mornings or after work? That might help with initial stuff. AFter that, you'll need to bump it up, but lets not go there....

ALSO you can get your DH to engage in more hochmagandie, although you are married so it doesn't quite count, but you can pretend you aren't!!!!

Jessica - woo hoo! I loved tap, I danced tap jazz adn ballet until I was bout 13 when the teacher told me I was too fat to be a ballerina and I quit. It was too bad b/c I was good too - but I just never felt comfortable dancing after that.

I am starting volleyball again next Wednesday for 15 weeks....I didn't want to,but this is non -competitive, so its better that way. And my best friend is going as well, so it'll be fun! We are making it our "girls night", going for dinner afterward!

Well, back to work!

Belle
Old 09-26-2001, 12:05 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default Harry Potter

Lolly and Kirsty I forgot to say I am reading the Harry Potter books - Wow, they are addictive! I love them! I can't wait to see the movie now, should come out here in November sometime.

Wish I weren't a Muggle!

Belle
Old 09-26-2001, 12:48 PM   #6  

Default I am back!!!

I haven't been on the board in a bout a week. I am so sorry that I haven't been checking but I have been busy with all kinds of things. Work is a little crazy right now. My replacement is here and I am training her to take over the permanent position (no more consultant). I also got a new client for Tues and Fri for the time being although it is not a permanent arrangement.

Anyway, I have not been eating very well and havew not been to WI., I have to go this week otherwise I have to pay a missed month fee. Although, I am definitely above the 2 lb limit, so I will have to pay anyway Not going to worry about it right now.

Belle - I am reading the first Harry Potter book as well. DH bought it and has already read it. I want to read it before the movie comes out. I read it at the gym every day. IT is very good!

Stacey - Sorry to hear about the gain. I do think exercise makes ahuge difference. Good luck getting back into working out!

Jessica - I wanted to take a tap class now that I am finished with grad school but I just didn't sign up. I was hoping to work for WW so I didn't want to have any commitments that would interfere. I haven't been called by WW so now I wish I had signed up. Good for you! Glad you are enjoying it!

I don't know how often I will be chekcing in since work is weird. I will try to stop in and say hi. Hello to Kirsty, Lolly, Shaylene, Ali, Tonya, JenL, Jen2, Kim, LoriD, Brenda,Janet, Kay and everyone I forgot!

Sarah
not at my lifetime goal
Old 09-26-2001, 01:09 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone - I wanted to come out and post and say hello to the new posters - Hello! I'm exhausted lately. I think it has a little to do with not exercising as much as I usually do - and I stopped taking my Muti-vitamin. I need to get back on track! Still doing OK points wise this week so we'll find out how that goes on Sat.
Hey Kim - Your house sounds incredible. I'm jealous, when BF and I finally move in together it will probably be a cheap crappy suite but hopefully in will be in my beautiful hometown so at least we won't be in the middle of the loud city.
Jessica - cool - tap class - i always loved the dance fit aerobics classes, I guess I should find something like that inside, now that the weather has turned
Stacey - I know how you feel about the gain - I was up 2# Sat - But I'm pretty sure that all the chocolate and potato chips I ate contributed. Stick with it, I know you can!
Hello to everyone else, I'll be back later
KT
Old 09-26-2001, 01:24 PM   #8  
Running Babe

Hi y'all,

Apparently I am everyone at work's inspiration for losing weight. Anyhoo, I had a dream the nigh before that I met Jarod from the Subway commericials. I have been losing motivation to stay on track, but then my co-workers told me that I really inspired them, so now I am taking that dream as a sign. A weird one that it may be it is still a sign.

Jessica: Welcome! We can always use another Canuck here!

Hmmm, the dish on my guy... Well we've been dating for a month and it is going very well... We're at the meeting all the other people in our lives stage and he's meeting my parents this weekend. It should be interesting since my uncle and aunt will be up from England so he'll be innondated with my family hehehehehehehehehehehe. I am a tough girl to handle so that fact that he's putting up with my extreme bouncy effervecent personality is great (trust me I am an interesting package to say the least).

Jen: I want to be in patent law as well and work within the happy Canadian Government.

Stacey: It is normal in new stages of our lives to have to adjust the way we eat and stuff. I am eating restaurant food way too often right now.... With my workload I was also putting exercise on the back seat. Good Luck to you I know it's a challenge.

I really should start back at the meetings... maybe in 2 weeks. Most of the meetings around here are at really bad times for me. Hopefully I'll find one soon, but when I go back I generally get the "what on earth are you doing here" stares... Oh well, I hope I find a good meeting soon.

Take Care Y'all!

Ali

A hi as well to Rina, Belle, Trish, Lolly, Shalyne, Kim, Sarah and everyone else!
Old 09-26-2001, 01:42 PM   #9  

Default Hello!

Hi everyone-just a quick note...I have been OP lately...and I went shopping yesterday and actually bought a skirt in a size SMALL!!! I have never, ever associated that word with myself! Whoo Hoo!!! I wiegh in tomorrow..to the gym tonight to burn off whatever I can...
DF and I start swing dancing lessons tonight-should be fun! Hi to all
Old 09-26-2001, 02:46 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Stacey, I feel your pain! Last week I gained 2.8, and that kind of shook me into reality. I went to WI today and lost 1.6. So I'm back on the way down. I have trouble with motivation, too. Sometimes I think, WHY do I have to worry about my weight all the time? Then I get obstinate and go buy a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. And then I get mad at myself. The past week, I've eaten nothing but pizza and fast food because of moving, working and not having any time to prepare food. But I've been watching the portions and I guess it paid off. And maybe I burned some calories moving!

Hang in there. Like Jen told me last week, you just have to make up your mind to do it. But boy, is that tough.

Gotta run. Hope everyone's having a good day! I'm almost moved out of the old apartment. By tomorrow I'll be cleaning. (What fun that will be!) My new landlord is making me wonder, however. He promised to have the bathroom redone by this past Sunday, and it still only has a bathtub (not hooked up) in it. The sink and toilet are sitting on the floor of the bedroom. There's another bathroom, but the sink is disconnected! I hope this all isn't a sign of bad things to come with this new landlord!
Old 09-26-2001, 04:09 PM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Hey buds!

How is everyone today? Today is my day off but I've been running nonstop. We went and looked at a bunch of cars this morning and think we've found one we're going to buy. My DF's Dad is going to take a look at it for us first though-he's a mechanic. Very exciting! We might have it to be ours by Saturday! Yippee! Then we had to take DF to the dentist to get a tooth pulled. He got to bring it home with him and it is sooooo disgusting!! He's still in some pain and I imagine it will get worse as the freezing wears off. He isn't alowed to eat any hot food or anything he really has to chew until at least tomorrow. Poor guy. I guess I have to get creative for supper. Too bad he's not big on salad. After a bunch of errends we are finally home but there is a ton to do here for household stuff. As you can see I'm really looking forward to it-that's why I'm on here instead of getting my desk cleaned off Later I have to go make payments on our wedding bands and some other stuff. Its never ending. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a bunch of kids too. How do you guys do it?

Welcome Jessica! Nice to meet you. This is an awesome group. Are you originally from Edmonton? I have lots of friends that live there but I haven't been there to visit in over four years. I'm originally from a little town just outside Lloydminster on the Sask side. I could never live in Edmonton-I'd be spending all of my money in West Ed at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! I LOVE their Tiger Butter Chocolate, especially the light colored one with the dark streaks-if you 're a chocolate fan you've gotta try it. I mean a tiny bit never hurt anyone As for a mid day boost I always go for fruit or a smoothie. Otherwise its too easy to turn to bad stuff. The good things about smoothies is that they are so filling too.

Kim your new place sounds super! I hope you Landlord doesn't turn out to be a dud. Houses are so much better than appartments. One of these days (sigh)...

Lolly-sweetie! Thanks for the words of encouragement yesterday! Hope you don't get too stressed trying to decide the future.

Kay, if you get bored cooking at your own place you can come on over to mine You're making me hungry -lol

Belle, sorry to hear you're so busy. Have fun with VB

Lori-size small!! Way to go! Good job chickee! Have fun dancing-hope your toes make it

Ali, that's hilarious that you're dreaming about Jarod the Subway guy! I love those commercials. He has lost so much weight from the first ones. Thanks for the dish on your new man. Hope it goes well with the parents.

KT I hope you get some rest. Its so crappy when you're tired out. I find if I forget my multi-vitamin a couple days in a row I'm really dragging my butt. Wishing you lots of heavy sleep.

Sarah, sorry to hear you're so busy. That muxt be so weird, training your replacement. Doesn't it tempt you to train her a little wrong. heehee.

Stacey, sorry to hear things are sucky right now. Chin up. Try to focus on the things you can control right now, like what you eat, rather than the things that are out of your control. Sooner or later you'll get your wish. Is it possible for you to get a different job until you go back to school? That might help. Take care.

Everyone else: Hope you're all having a super OP day! Talk to you all later

Rina
Old 09-26-2001, 04:32 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Forgot to say: Yeah, Lori!

Speaking of small clothes, last night a friend helped me take all the clothes out of my closet and take them to the new house. It made me sad ... because I got a look at all the clothes I can't wear that I had shoved to the back of my closet. Some of them still have the tags on, like this cute little sleeveless dress from the Gap. My old jeans are size 10-12, and I found a skirt that's an 8! I just have to resolve myself that I WILL get back into them!

Gotta go. Work beckons.

Last edited by kimobi; 09-26-2001 at 04:35 PM.
Closed Thread