Old 01-30-2006, 07:02 PM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default Is it possible for one to lose 55lbs in 2 months, do you think?

Or is three months much more realistic. For that matter, is losing 55 lbs in only 3 months even realistic at all? It would likely take a lot of hard work on my part. God, I wish I weren't so lazy.

I just used my calculator, that would be about 18.3 lbs a month. Do you guys and girls think that's possible?
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:05 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

In a word, no. Not only is it basically impossible (especially at your weight), it would also be unhealthy. I still have 55 lbs to go and would like it all off within the next 7mos. and I don't even think that that is gonna happen (for me).
Have patience, it WILL come off, eventually.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

A nice healthy sustainable weightloss is about 1 or 2 pounds a week (average) You may lose three some weeks and a half other weeks. But an average of 2 lbs a week is an awesome accomplishment.
What'll happen if you don't lose this 55 lbs in 3 months?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:09 PM   #4  
Healthy mommy

So the bigger you are, the harder it is for the weight to come off?

I see you've already lost 90lbs, that's wonderful! How did you accomplish this and in what amount of time out of curiousity, if you don't mind telling. We seem to have the same amount of weight to lose.. good luck to us both!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:13 PM   #5  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

No, no, Melanie, I am telling you that the Less you weigh the slower the weight comes off! (You are a light-weight compared to what I was! ). I have lost the 92 lbs over the course of the past 17 mos. with just basically eating less (not always healthy, because I am a human being and not a robot!) and moving more (although not as much as I should).
And yes, good luck to you as well! You definately can do this. It just might take a tad longer than 2mos.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:14 PM   #6  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
A nice healthy sustainable weightloss is about 1 or 2 pounds a week (average) You may lose three some weeks and a half other weeks. But an average of 2 lbs a week is an awesome accomplishment.
What'll happen if you don't lose this 55 lbs in 3 months?
You're right, 2lbs a week is an awesome accomplishment. I guess there is no quick fix, is there. Let's see, let's say I consistently lose 2 lbs a week.. that means in theory, I will have reached my goal in .. 6 months. Ahh. That doesn't make me very happy but, it's better to lose it the healthy way and lose than to not lose at all.

If I don't lose 55 lbs in 3 months then I won't look good for my friend's birthday bash, plus I'm back on the dating scene and I just want to get out and look good.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:17 PM   #7  

So as long as you lose some weight ... you'll look better for the party, right?
Let's start by seeing where you got the 55 lbs from ... how tall are you?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:17 PM   #8  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica
No, no, Melanie, I am telling you that the Less you weigh the slower the weight comes off! (You are a light-weight compared to what I was! ). I have lost the 92 lbs over the course of the past 17 mos. with just basically eating less (not always healthy, because I am a human being and not a robot!) and moving more (although not as much as I should).
And yes, good luck to you as well! You definately can do this. It just might take a tad longer than 2mos.
Sorry about the misunderstanding.

I'm quite amazed by the fact that you've lost 92 lbs, in fact to be quite honest it motivates me! If you lost 92 lbs then I should be able to lose 55 lbs. It's really inspiring for me to hear about other's weight loss. Congratulations on your weight loss, and again, you've inspired me! This has actually given me some hope that I can lose the 55lbs I need to lose.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:18 PM   #9  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
So as long as you lose some weight ... you'll look better for the party, right?
Let's start by seeing where you got the 55 lbs from ... how tall are you?
I'm 5'7 and a half, with a medium frame, I think.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #10  
What are you waiting for?

S/C/G: 232/258/223

Height: 5'4

who's to say you wont look good in 3 months hunny! I've only been eating healthy for a few weeks and i don't mean to brag but i look lot's healthier and smaller than i was when i first started and i have tons to go! So please try thinking of how much better you'll feel other than just thinking of losing a certain amount of weight during a certain amount of time, i've had a hard time coming to accept the fact that it's going to take time and lot's of it but i know from what i've done already im going to love life when i get there! you'll look great and feel better if you do it the right way PROMISE! - Kimberly
rysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #11  

55 lbs in 2 months would be a 27.5 lbs a month. So, depending on the months it could be at most about 9 weeks would would translate into about 3 lbs a week. That would be healthy if u are eating healthy, doing aerobics, and lifting to increase your metabolism. Most forget that when u lift u will lose more than 1 to 2 lbs a week since ur body is gonna kick up the metabolism all day not just during the aerobic sessions. Build your current muscle strength and only a few lbs of muscle, nothing crazy, and u can accomplish this. If u did it in the shorter months then it could be possible still if u were very very overweight and still have some weight to lose at this point. If ur talking about a loss like this to get to ur average weight/height weight then it seems more unlikely esp. since the last few pounds are always the hardest. It said often for a reason! If ur asking if u should use this as a target since it is possible, I gotta say no. Again, NO. Having this kind of target can be way too demanding and ur expectations are way to great if this is your goal. In truth I would say this amount is more likely to be lost in about 6 months in all truth. U could lose some faster but it would require u not to starve urself. EAting healthy every 3 hours and taking a multivitamin, working out and using circuit workouts once u are in strong enough conditioning. Sorry, but I gotta tell the reality and possibility and you should aim for 2 lbs every week. Look at the weight loss at most a month ahead, and think of it in increments of every two weeks. That is a better perspective. Good luck with ur regimen!!!
tobetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:23 PM   #12  

If you exercise and get some weights in for toning ... you could be quite lovely even if you don't lose the 55. You're fairly tall so you'll look slim even several pounds above your goal.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:31 PM   #13  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysmommy
who's to say you wont look good in 3 months hunny! I've only been eating healthy for a few weeks and i don't mean to brag but i look lot's healthier and smaller than i was when i first started and i have tons to go! So please try thinking of how much better you'll feel other than just thinking of losing a certain amount of weight during a certain amount of time, i've had a hard time coming to accept the fact that it's going to take time and lot's of it but i know from what i've done already im going to love life when i get there! you'll look great and feel better if you do it the right way PROMISE! - Kimberly
Thanks for the support Kimberly!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #14  
Melting Butter

Wow...I wish I could have gotten off all of my weight in 2 months. But it takes time...especially if you want it to stay off and if you want to stay healthy. Losing the weight slowly about 5-8 pounds a month is a good way to do it. I hope you find a plan that works for you!
Just take it one day at a time!
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #15  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobetheman
55 lbs in 2 months would be a 27.5 lbs a month. So, depending on the months it could be at most about 9 weeks would would translate into about 3 lbs a week. That would be healthy if u are eating healthy, doing aerobics, and lifting to increase your metabolism. Most forget that when u lift u will lose more than 1 to 2 lbs a week since ur body is gonna kick up the metabolism all day not just during the aerobic sessions. Build your current muscle strength and only a few lbs of muscle, nothing crazy, and u can accomplish this. If u did it in the shorter months then it could be possible still if u were very very overweight and still have some weight to lose at this point. If ur talking about a loss like this to get to ur average weight/height weight then it seems more unlikely esp. since the last few pounds are always the hardest. It said often for a reason! If ur asking if u should use this as a target since it is possible, I gotta say no. Again, NO. Having this kind of target can be way too demanding and ur expectations are way to great if this is your goal. In truth I would say this amount is more likely to be lost in about 6 months in all truth. U could lose some faster but it would require u not to starve urself. EAting healthy every 3 hours and taking a multivitamin, working out and using circuit workouts once u are in strong enough conditioning. Sorry, but I gotta tell the reality and possibility and you should aim for 2 lbs every week. Look at the weight loss at most a month ahead, and think of it in increments of every two weeks. That is a better perspective. Good luck with ur regimen!!!

That's true, my expectations are too great, particularly cause sometimes I can be so utterly lazy and don't want to do a lick of exercise. What's circuit workouts? Is it like interval training? Thanks for the advice btw.