Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-23-2006, 01:31 AM   #1  

Talking NutriSytem Newbie

Hello!

I'm Cesarina. I'm 24 years old and about 40lbs overweight. I just ordered NutriSystem and it should arrive this week so I can start February 1 with my sister. I hope I can lose 30lbs by April. Wish me luck!
cesinesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8

I started NS on 1/2 and I am LOVING it!!!

The food is good, and I love not having to cook!

You and your sister are going to do great!
Rizeninme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #3  
Goal: Lose 125lbs!

Default thanks

Thank you, I wish you the best of luck as well, so its been a month for you almost!! any progress?
LovelyLatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:58 PM   #4  

As of today, I've lost 17 pounds on NS!

I do have a lot to lose, so I know that's not typical.

I have also been exercising six days a week doing water aerobics and walking on my treadmill.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I also can give you a link to an excellent NS board that has really helped me if you're interested.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:50 AM   #5  

Unhappy Trying Nutrisystem, hoping for a fitness fit!

Hello All,
I've been a member of 3FC's for a long time, but I haven't been able to keep myself on track with any diet! I had been doing very well, exercising at a gym 5 or 6 days a week and was down to 165lbs., but then I broke my ankle in Oct. '04 and ever since then I've been off my fitness wagon. Now I'm back up to 209lbs. and very disgusted with myself. I ordered my first Nutrisystem plan this morning, and I'm hoping that this time I'll stick to it! I hope to stick to this plan and be on these boards as much as possible. I know that there are strength in numbers! Wish me luck and courage!

Sharon
roseofsharonkb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #6  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

Nutri system seemly like a great choice. But it is way to much calories for me. Good Luck!
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:29 AM   #7  

roseofsharonkb1-

Congratulations on making the first step! I really like NS- I just cannot say enough about how easy it is, with all your meals already prepared. This has been the easiest diet that I have ever been on.

Miaka-

Too many calories? The average daily diet is between 1300-1400. I know of a few women who have their calories down to 1100-1200. It all goes by which meals you order, and what you add to the diet as far as extra protein, veggies and fruit.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:37 AM   #8  

Default Yes Yes

I got my NS last week and I started today, I had a yummy breakfast, scarmbled eggs with peppers and mushroom, 1 green apple, 1 glass of milk.

I thought it taste really good, I hope my lunch and dinner are just as great.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:30 PM   #9  

cesinesss ~ that's great! Can't wait to get mine!

Rizeninme ~ thanks for the kind words. I hope this time I can make it to my goal.

I became interested in NS after looking at their website, and seeing their commercials. The convenience factor is a big plus for me. The only problem that I could run into is feeding my hubby. Although he is dieting too, he won't be on the NS (darn his willpower!) He'll probably make his goal before me, but hey, as long as we both get there. Both our goals are about 60lbs. We have both developed borderline high blood pressure, and are awaiting blood work from our doctor to see how our cholesterol etc. Anyway, see ya'll later!

Sharon
Old 01-30-2006, 02:55 PM   #10  

Default Hey

You can get your husband on WW and just buy the book and count points, its really good and he won't starve....

Good luck
Old 01-30-2006, 08:16 PM   #11  

roseofsharonkb1-

How about buying hubby some TV dinners- that way you don't have to cook at night- that's always the hardest thing for me while dieting. My husband is deployed now, but when he comes home, that's my plan. The rest of the day is never a problem for us because we eat different things anyway, only dinner. And it is SO hard to cook two things, and not be tempted to eat the things you made that are not on your diet.

Lean Cuisine makes some really good dinners- he could always add a salad to fill him up more.

Cesiness- Congratulations on your first day! I personally haven't tried the eggs because it just doesn't sound good to me- I LOVE the granola- that's my favorite breakfast. How was the rest of your day???
Old 01-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #12  

Still no NS delivery, maybe today when I get home, I hope...

Rizeninme ~ Thanks for the idea. I'll have to see if he'll go along with that. Since he is trying to lose too, he may go for it.

I've been feeling just awful the last couple of days, bloated feeling . I can't wait to start NS. Also, I've had every intention of going home and working out to a new exercise program I bought, but I end up getting side tracked by fixing dinner, etc. then falling asleep on the couch I have a couple of health issues, acid reflux, and sleep apnea. Both will probably subside once I lose the weight. But I'm tired all the time from the apnea. So its a vicious circle, I'm too tired to exercise because of the apnea, and I've got the apnea because I'm overweight! I've been on Prilosec for almost 5 years, and I've heard that it could cause people to gain weight, but that hasn't been proven (any port in a storm ) Anyway hope everyone is have a good day.

Sharon
Old 01-31-2006, 04:39 PM   #13  

Default Yippeee!!!

My order arrived!! Wow, that's a lot of stuff! I'll be starting tomorrow, no use waiting till Monday.

Sharon
Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #14  

Sharon-

How was your first day???
Old 02-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #15  

Default Not Yet...

Rizeninme, thanks for asking, but haven't started yet. My husband convinced me to get everything organized, purchase my other foods, and start on Monday. I'll be going to the grocery store this weekend to get my other staple foods. I sorted all the foods out by meals, and I think I may divide up a weeks worth so I can just grab a pack and go each day. I was chomping at the perverbial bit to start, but my husband told me that I should be more mentally prepared, and he is usually right about things. So, Monday it is.

Sharon